Say hello to the Roland Aira TR-8 - a Drum Machine designed around the iconic TR-808 that changed the Hip-Hop and Dance Music community forever. You spoke, and Roland listened. The Entire Roland Aira family has been updated with exciting and usful features requested by users from around the globe.
The Legendary 808 Rhythm Performer - Re-born!
The Aira TR-8 is the exciting TR-808 and TR909 redesign we have all been waiting for! Fusing these legendary groove machines into one portable but powerful package, the TR 8 perfectly captures the essence of it's predecessors, even down to the intricate circuitry response, tone shaping and vintage analogue warmth. 16 classic drum kits with 16 solid patterns come featured in the box for you to start building grooves straight away, but the possibilities are endless for creating rhythms and your own kits as you see fit.
CAPTURING THE ORIGINALS
- Full reproduction of the classic TR-808 and TR-909 rhythm machines, based on original design spec sheets and detailed analog circuit analysis of many original TR machines
- Newly developed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology allows part-by-part analyses and faithful recreation of tonality and behavior
- Obsessive attention to detail, such as reproducing the original TR’s unique variations in tone that occur when multiple instruments are entered in accented steps
- Authentic 16-step sequencer with faithful TR-REC behavior, including A and B pattern variations and the ability to play instruments and record to steps in real time
Tune and Decay knobs are now present on every instrument, allowing you to fine-tune the sound and shape of each sound meticulously. The Bass and Snare drum modules have dedicated 'Attack' and 'Comp' controls, meaning you can control the snap and bite of the kit very easily. Roland's new 'Scatter' effect, as seen on the new TR-3 vocal transformer, also provides added creative effect alongside reverb and delay. Side Chain options allow you to utilise the assignable 1/4" jack inputs and get a cool 'duck' effect, popularised on hip-hop and dance records in recent years.
The TR-REC feature will be familiar to those who've used the original drum machines, which set the standard for overdubbing and pattern creation when it was first launched. Seamlessly switch between programming and performance modes and to introduce lots of groovy rhythmic variations – from subtle snare fills to total glitch meltdowns. A 7 segment, 4 character LED display shows the current tempo and has a Tap Tempo function between 40-300BPM, covering everything from downtempo beats to Drum & Bass rollers!
The TR-8 looks great and is designed to work seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series. In addition, you can connect the TR-8 to your computer via USB to send and receive both audio and MIDI data, including MIDI clock information for syncing with external devices and other AIRA units.
The original TR808 and TR909 are arguably two of the most influential synths of modern music...now it's time for the TR-8 to continue the legacy!
- 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types, including custom dream kits that use both TR-808 and TR-909 sounds
- Large Tempo knob with Tap Tempo button and continuous Fine and Shuffle adjustment knobs
- Control the intensity of the Accent function with a dedicated knob
- Per-step reverb and delay effects with dedicated knobs
- Mix sources connected to the External In jacks with built-in per-step Side Chain function for rhythmic ducking and gating effects
- Scatter lets you freak and tweak your grooves with real-time control and perfect sync
- 7 segment, 4 character LED display and 16 per-step pads with bold, full-color LEDs
- Real-time pattern creation up to 32 steps with on-the-fly step count adjustment
- Rec/Play modes have been eliminated, enabling seamless switching between step input and real-time pattern making and performance
- Real-time play of 4 different types of rolls (8th, 16th, VARI 1, VARI 2) and per-instrument mutes
- Pattern copy and pattern randomization for rapid, spontaneous creativity
- Two assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB for total mixing flexibility
TR-8 VERSION 1.1 NEW FEATURES
- Manage your kit and pattern library with easy backup and restore over USB.
- Instrument Levels — Customize kits by adjusting the gain of each instrument to suit your individual style.
- Better Rolls — Rolls are now easier to engage, offer more control, and sound better overall.
- Scatter Latch On/Off — Alternate unlatched trigger mode engages only while “On” button is held down.
- Scatter Cycle — Scatter will enable for one cycle and then automatically disengage.
- Sync Reset — Get back in the groove by instantly starting a pattern from the top.
- Pattern Lock — Lock the contents of a pattern so you can experiment without losing your original groove.
- Nonstop A/B Pattern Editing — Now you can edit both A and B parts of a pattern without stopping the sequencer.
- Modes — Local On/Off and MIDI Controller modes determine how MIDI data is sent and received.
- Accent Velocity — MIDI velocity is variable by the accent setting.
- Kit Select — Select kits using MIDI control change messages.
- Scatter — Scatter On/Off, Type and Depth can be controlled via MIDI control change.
- External Record — Record patterns in real-time from external MIDI devices.
- MIDI Off — Disable sending of all MIDI messages.
- Ignore Play/Stop — Toggle whether or not TR-8 responds to PLAY/STOP messages.
- Effect Control — Control effects using MIDI control change messages.
|Effects||reverb, delay, side chain, scatter|
|Power Supply||usb bus powered, ac adapter included|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*