The Roland TR-8S combines the most influential and iconic drum machines of all time, custom sample support and a host of new live performance features to make it the most powerful step sequencer on the market to date.
Rhythm Performer Meets Sound Designer
Designed with the studio producer and live musician in mind, the Roland TR-8S evolves the original design of the AIRA TR-8 to make it easier to navigate, sequence and customize. No longer is it just limited to the TR-808 sound bank - it now includes every sound from the most sought-after Roland Drum Machines. With authentic recreations of the 808, 909, 707, 727, and 606, as well as several modified versions and the ability to load your own mono or stereo samples via SD Card - the Roland TR8S is a dream for sound designers.
Amongst the new features include a much more creative Effects Bank, with a host of new instrument and Master FX types for limitless sound design. An Auto Fill In feature gives live performers a new tool to shake things up, and an LCD Display makes it super easy to navigate through presets and custom kits.
- Next Generation Drum Sequencer & Sampler
- ACB Technology - Analogue Circuit Behaviour
- Iconic TR-808, 909, 707, 727, and 606 Drum Samples
- SD Card Slot to load your own Mono and Stereo Samples
- New Powerful Effects section inc. Side Chain
- New LCD Display
- New Auto Fill In
- New 'Motion' recording for parameter automation
- Versatile Audio - MIDI In/Out, Trigger OUT, External Audio In, Headphone & Master Out
- USB Connectivity
Powered by Roland’s highly acclaimed ACB technology, each machine is a detailed, component-level model that sounds and behaves exactly like the original hardware. The classic 'boom', 'snap' and 'sizzle' of the original machines is intricately recreated as a truly authentic re-creation - but keeping the door wide open for creativity through your own sounds and samples. All of the envelope features can be applied to your own one-shot sounds for an amazing groove-making experience.
You can program on the 16 TR-REC buttons or use the velocity-sensitive performance pad to play live, or record into the sequencer. Pattern creation on the TR-8S feels natural and intuitive, thanks to the Roland ”TR-REC” step sequencer that’s been the beating heart of electronic music production for decades. The TR-8S can store 128 patterns-each with eight variations and three kinds of fills-and patterns or variations can be triggered individually or chained together for evolving sequences.
Powerful Stereo Effects
The right effects can make a drum part stand out by creating depth and space. Whether it’s delay on a rim-shot, overdrive on a kick, filters on toms and cymbals, or just the right amount of reverb on select instruments, the Roland TR-8S has percussion-tuned effects that simply sound great. In addition to the Master FX knob, each channel has a customizable CTRL knob, placing all this sound-shaping power within easy reach. The attack of the kick, the snap of the snare, phaser depth, distortion amount-whatever parameter you need direct and immediate access to-can be assigned to the CTRL knob or Master FX knob and saved with the kit.
Trigger Out, External In
The Roland TR-8S is designed to be the hub of your analogue modular studio. It features a dedicated trigger output as well as stereo audio inputs for external sources. And its assignable outputs can even be used as additional triggers. This lets you control external instruments and mix them with the TR-8S’s internal sounds, greatly expanding your creativity in the studio and performance possibilities on stage. Each pattern has a dedicated trigger track for access to all kinds of variations with no need to use up an instrument.
Audio and MIDI Interface
Aside from being the most powerful drum machine ever made, the Roland TR-8S is a complete multi-channel audio and MIDI interface. When you connect the TR-8S to a computer or AIRA Link host, you can transfer MIDI and high-resolution audio over a single USB cable. Record each drum instrument to a different channel for individual processing and recording, automate parameter movements from your DAW by CC messages, or sync the TR-8S to your computer or Roland MX-1 Mix Performer for live sets or late-night jam sessions.
Aesthetic and ergonomic improvements can be found throughout the TR-8S, giving it a timeless design that fits any creative space.
- User Drum Kit 128
- User Patterns 128
- 11 instrument parts and 1 exclusive part for trigger out
- 16 steps per 1 variation
- 8 (A – H) variations per 1 pattern
- 2 Fill-in patterns per 1 pattern
(Tone can be assigned to each 11 instrument parts freely.)
- BASS DRUM: 11 ACB tones
- SNARE DRUM: 8 ACB tones
- TOM: 15 ACB tones
- RIM SHOT: 3 ACB tones
- HAND CLAP: 5 ACB tones
- HI HAT: 8 ACB tones
- CYMBAL: 8 ACB tones
- PERCUSSION: 23 ACB tones
- PRESET SAMPLE: 300 tones or greater
- USER SAMPLE (imported form SD CARD for playback): Available format: WAV, AIFF
- Total time for all samples: Approximately 600 sec (at 44.1 kHz, mono)
* The maximum length of a single audio file that can be imported is approximately 180 seconds (at 44.1 kHz).
- INST FX: THRU, HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR, TRANSIENT, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, COMP+DRV, CRUSHER
- REVERB: AMBI, ROOM, HALL1, HALL2, PLATE, MOD
- DELAY: DLY, PAN, TAPE ECHO
- MASTER FX: HPF, LPF, LPF/HPF, H BOOST, L BOOST, L/H BOOST, ISOLATOR, TRANSIENT, TRANSIENT2, COMPRESSOR, DRIVE, OVERDRIVE, DISTORTION, FUZZ, CRUSHER, PHASER, FLANGER, SBF, NOISE
- Other: SIDE CHAIN (for EXT IN), SCATTER (as one of AUTO FILL IN function)
- 16 characters, 2 line (backlit LCD)
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- SD Card (SDHC supported) for backup/restore function and import sample data
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- ASSIGNABLE OUT/TRIGGER OUT (1 – 6) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT IN (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- TRIGGER OUT jack: Miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB type B (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply AC adaptor
- Current Draw 2,000 mA
- AC adaptor
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width 409 mm
- Depth 263 mm
- Height 58 mm
- Weight 2.1 kg
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*