Trade Up Sell It
Discover our extensive range of pre-owned gear available at unbeatable prices, with an extended 6 month warranty.
Trading your gear at PMT is the most simple way to upgrade your rig.
First complete the online form, upload 5 product images, and select which PMT store you want to visit.
We will respond within 48 hours with an estimated valuation and cost to upgrade to the new item you wish to buy.
If you're happy with the offer you can arrange to visit your local PMT store or complete the transaction via courier.
We now buy music gear from an even bigger selection of categories and brands:
Electric and acoustic guitars and basses – Fender, Taylor, Gibson, Martin, PRS, Hofner, Ibanez, Rickenbacker, ESP and Gretsch.
Pedals – Fender, Boss, Electro-Harmonix, MXR, Strymon and Line 6.
Amps and backline – Blackstar, Fender, Mark Bass, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Orange and Vox.
Keys and synths – Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Nord and Moog.
There's no need to speak to strangers on the internet, stress about cardboard boxes, or worry about your kit getting damaged in transit. Simply provide us with a few bits of info along with some pics and we will call you back at your convenience with a no commitment offer.
*NEW – our new courier service means we can collect your instruments from home. In store trade-ins however, receive the best price due to courier costs.
Watch our video to see how it all works:
The T&Cs Bit
HOW DO YOU VALUE MY ITEM?
- PMT has decades of experience evaluating used equipment.
- When you complete the online form, an expert will assess the piece based on several factors, including condition, historical sales data, market price, desirability and our current stock levels.
- In addition, we have a dedicated team of experienced experts who will personally evaluate unique / custom guitars and vintage items.
- We always aim to offer a fair market price for your item.
HOW DO I GRADE THE CONDITION OF MY GEAR?
- You can use the form to let us know in advance of your visit, using a simple grading system to ascertain the condition of your item:
- Grade A – Excellent condition – Like new.
- Grade B – Good condition - Some minor signs of use.
- Grade C – Fair condition - Noticeable signs of use and some cosmetic damage.
WHY DO YOU REQUIRE THE SERIAL NUMBER?
- To help our experts validate the item, we request you submit the serial number in one of your images of the Instrument or Product, where possible.
ARE THERE ANY ITEMS YOU WON’T ACCEPT?
- Due to hygiene or other reasons, we cannot accept used Microphones, Earphones, Headphones, Brass / Wind Instruments, Software or In-Ear Monitor Systems.
- We also reserve the right to refuse an instrument based on Desirability, Stock Levels or Market Price.
CAN I TRADE-IN MULTIPLE ITEMS?
- Yes, we’re happy to look at multiple items.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR A PAYMENT TO REACH MY ACCOUNT?
- We’ll transfer the money into your account within 3 working days of receiving the stock and confirming the price with you.
IF I CHANGE MY MIND, CAN I RETURN OR REVERSE THE TRANSACTION?
- For trade-ups, simply speak to your local PMT Store Experts via telephone or E-Mail and we can arrange this for you as part of our standard Terms & Conditions of Sale. In the event that we have already sold your exchanged item when you wish to return it, we will refund you the full value of the transaction.
For a straight sale, we can't reverse the transaction once it has been completed.
WHAT IF I HAVE A RELIC-STYLE INSTRUMENT, WHICH HAS BEEN INTENTIONALLY MARKED OR SCUFFED?
- Please detail this as part of your communication to us.
- We will be able to verify these vintage & relic instruments from the serial number, and value it accordingly.
HOW DO I TRADE UP OR SELL IT WITHOUT COMING INTO STORE?
- Just select ‘Collect from my home’ when you fill out our online form.
- We’ll send you a quote based on the info and pictures you send us in the form.
- If you’re happy with the quote, we’ll arrange a courier to collect the item(s) from your home on a day of your choosing.
- As long as the goods match the condition you specified in the form, we’ll automatically transfer the money for your sale within five days (and ship out any items you’ve bought in the same transaction).
- If the item doesn’t meet our initial valuation for any reason we’ll be in touch to tell you our best price – you can either accept it or we’ll ship your item back to you for free.
HOW DO I SHIP MY ITEM BACK TO YOU IF I’M NOT COMING INTO STORE?
- If you can’t get to a PMT store, we’ll arrange for a free courier collection from your home on a day of your using.
- We ask you to adhere to the following instructions, so goods are secure during transit and do not incur any physical damage or loss during the process. If the item/s returned are not packaged in accordance with the instruction then PMT is not liable to replace the damaged or lost item.
Please remove any old courier address labels.
- All items must be returned in their original internal and external packaging where possible.
- If the original packaging is not available, then a suitable substitute that protects the item during transit must be applied; THE ITEM MUST BE BOXED IN A STURDY CARDBOARD BOX WITH SUITABLE INTERNAL PACKAGING THAT HAS A MINIMUM THICKNESS OF 4CM.
- Please do not write anything on the box if it is product specific packaging.
- The item must be held secure within its packaging and unable to move around.
- No foreign objects should be included in the packaging that could cause damage to the item during movement in transit.
- If you are sending back multiple items in one box you must ensure that the items have sufficient packaging between them to prevent them damaging each other.
- Any loose parts that could cause damage through movement during transit must be fastened down.
- Products can be shipped in gig bags and hard cases as long as they are also packed inside sturdy cardboard boxes with internal packaging.
WILL I GET A BETTER PRICE IN STORE OR IF I ASK FOR A COLLECTION?
We’re likely to be able to offer you a slightly better price if you bring your items into store as we won’t need to factor in the cost of courier collection.