The Novation 49 SL MkIII is the 3rd generation of this popular USB MIDI keyboard controller offering great control and an 8 track sequencer.
Your Studio's Control Centre
The Novation 49 SL is back and better than ever.
You can use the Novation 49SL MkIII as the control centre of your whole studio while effortlessly working with your DAW.
Both MIDI and CV equipped, this keyboard controller and 8 track polyphonic sequencer can have all your equipment working together and staying perfectly in sync.
Not just a DAW controller, the Novation SL MkIII is also great for people who prefer to work with hardware thanks to its powerful, fully-fledged 8 track polyphonic sequencer.
Novation 49SL MkIII USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Key Features:
- Bring MIDI Hardware and CV/Gate Synth Together
- Easily Integrate Hardware with Your DAW
- The Perfect Controller for Ableton Live Software
- Internal 8 Track Pattern Based Sequencer
- 16 Velocity Sensitive RGB Pads
- Backlit Pitch and Modulation Wheels
- 1 Routable Clock for The Whole Systems
- Comprehensive Arpeggiator
- Customisable Templates
- LED Feedback
- High Resolution 10kHz Scan Rate
- Selectable Velocity Curves
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes 4GB of Loopmasters Sounds and Samples
- 3 Year Warranty
v1.4 Firmware Update
The v1.4 firmware update for the Novation SL MkIII controller keyboard range gives you an array of fantastic new features and functions.
The new features this firmware update brings to the Novation SL MkIII range includes expanded arpeggiators, new sequencer functions, deeper swing control and creative transposition features.
You'll also be pleased to note that the v1.4 firmware update for Novation SL MkIII has some bug fixes including one for Logic Pro users, improving the overall experience.
To download the SL MkIII v1.4 firmware update, all you have to do is connect the SL MkIII via USB and navigate to Novation Components then follow the onscreen prompts.
Total Control for Your Studio
You can use the Novation 49 SL MkIII as the centrepiece of your studio because of its MIDI and CV capabilities.
Just connect all your MIDI hardware and CV/Gate synths to the SL MkIII and you’ll be able to control them all right there from the internal eight-track polyphonic, pattern-based sequencer.
Using the sequencer, you can record in real time or input notes per step. You can then play and edit your sequences straight from the keyboard and even record your movements as automation to really bring your music to life.
Ideal for Expressive Performance
The 49 keys found on the Novation 49 SL MkIII are bound to the best keybed Novation has to offer.
You’ll enjoy incredibly playable and expressive performance from this synth-style semi-weighted keybed which boasts a sprung action along with their highest scan rate. Aftertouch is also on offer and can be assigned to anything.
Another very noticeable feature is the Novation SL’s 16 brightly lit, velocity sensitive RGB pads which can be used for a number of functions.
You can use the pads to launch clips, or as steps in a sequencer, they’re also great for live “drumming” performance and they feature polyphonic aftertouch.
You will also find that the Pitch and Modulation wheels are backlit with RGB LEDs which change colour depending on the track you’re working on while the brightness indicates the value of what you’re changing. This instant visual feedback all adds to the streamlined experience and smooth workflow.
Fantastic DAW Integration and Control
When creating the SL MkIII, Novation worked closely with Ableton to ensure they’d produce the perfect keyboard controller for the Ableton Live music-making software.
But Novation understand that your choice of software is extremely important and so the SL MkIII features the InControl feature.
Because of InControl, you can use all of the SL MkIII’s pads, buttons, faders and knobs to control any major music software. You can also use the SL MkIII with any HUI-compatible DAW.
Furthermore, five full-colour LCD screens on the SL MkIII give you full parameter feedback so it’s really easy to see what you’re controlling in your DAW at a glance.
What’s Included with the Novation 49 SL MkIII?
Included with the Novation 49SL MkIII is Ableton Live Lite. This streamlined version of Ableton Live gives you access to the essential workflows, instruments and effects of the full software. Basically, everything you need to record music and see how great the Novation SL MkIII is as a DAW controller.
You will also get access to 4GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples so you’ve got all sorts of great audio to work with straight away.
A premium braided USB cable and power supply come packed with the Novation SL MkIII too so you’re ready to get making music as soon as you take it out of the box.
Access to the Novation Sound Collective
When you register this product after purchase, you also get access to the Novation Sound Collective.
The Sound Collective gives you free versions of innovative software instruments and great FX along with exclusive discounts for other great third-party software.
Three-year Warranty On All Novation Hardware
Novation are excited to announce an extension to the standard limited warranty, which comes with all new products.
Previously, customers enjoyed a two-year warranty. Now — effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 onwards — the warranty period is 36 months from the date of the original purchase.
(The warranty period for product purchased on or prior to the 31st December 2017 remains at 24 months from the date of the original purchase.)
The New Novation SL
It’s been a long time coming but the new Novation SL USB MIDI keyboard controller is here and it does not disappoint.
Buy the Novation 49 SL MkIII keyboard controller from PMT Online today and experience the fantastic control for yourself.
Novation SL MKIII 1.3 Firmware Update
There is now a new update for all SL MKIII's. If you haven't got the 1.2 Firmware update you're missing out on a load of new features! You can get the update here.
The 1.2 Firmware update features:
- Microstep editing - You can have 6 microsteps per step, due to the Sequencer resolution being increased.
- Step View pattern scrolling - You can now use the Up and Down buttons to scroll through your loaded sequencer patterns.
- Assignable Aftertouch - Aftertouch has been made assignable to any MIDI CC you like within Components.
- More responsive knobs - Increased the responsiveness of the SL MkIII’s rotary encoders for smoother adjusts of parameters over a shorter rotational distance.
- Increased Gate length - The maximum step length has been doubled to 32. Record and sequence longer MIDI notes within patterns, for more complex and creative tracks.
- Enhanced NRPN Control - The SL MkIII 1.2 now also communicates with all NRPN-enabled devices.
The Firmware update 1.3 adds:
- Unquantised Recording
In version 1.2 micro-step editing was introduced, this lets you position notes off the grid for subtle timing variations. With unquantised recording, you can now record into these microsteps. This offers more movement and musicality to the built-in sequencer.
Novation 49SL MkIII USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Specs:
Product Hardware Specifications
- 49 note velocity sensitive, individually sprung, synth style, semi-weighted keyboard
- 16 full-colour RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads
- 2 Page and 2 scene launch buttons
- 8 continuous rotary knobs
- 8 sliders
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- RGB backlit pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 2 octave / transpose buttons
- 2 Track buttons
- 5x RGB TFT LCD screens
- 59 Backlit buttons with tact switches
- 61 RGB LEDs plus 49 or 61 keybed RGB LEDs
- 16 Assignable buttons x 2 pages (32 assignable buttons)
- Assignable grid x 2 pages | (32 assignable pads)
- Backlit RGB Mode switching buttons including InControl
Rear Panel & Connectors
- Power switch
- DC power socket
- USB socket
- MIDI IN, OUT, OUT2 / THRU - 3x 5-pin DIN sockets
- Sustain and Expression pedal 1/4" TRS jack inputs
- Footswitch pedal 1/4" TS jack input
- CV, Gate, Modulation -1- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- CV, Gate, Modulation -2- on 3.5mm jack sockets
- Clock out
- Kensington security slot
- 64 Sessions
- 8 Tracks per session
- 8 Patterns per track
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 8 events per step
- All assignable controls can be automated (8 maximum automation lanes)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
Real Time Performance
- 22 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Pattern expand view - flip the grid
- Pattern start and end, direction incl. random
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite included
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1000mA
- Power supply included (This product cannot be powered from USB)
- 49SL MkIII: 817mm length x 300mm depth x 100mm height
|Shipping Weight (kg)||8.000000|
|Number of Keys||49 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!