The Korg Volca Drum represents Korg's continued approach to an infinitely expanding world of sound design.
Volca Drum has been designed in tandem with other Korg Volca percussion synths - the Volca Kick and Volca Beats. As the third piece of the puzzle, Korg Volca Drum delivers a digital drum soundscape for loops, grooves and percussive tracks, each with fine-tunable parameters and a powerful step sequencer.
Explore Rhythm Synthesis
If you're looking for a unique sonic twist as part of a modular synth setup, or want to step away from traditional DAW Loop-Based sequencing, the Korg Volca Drum represents a great opportunity.
With fully hands-on automation control, a flexible digital synth engine and randomize features, it's an ideal way to add a new texture to your backing tracks or provide a solid foundation for adding layers and sounds from analogue synth sources.
Korg Volca Drum Key Features:
- Digital Percussion Synth
- Flexible DSP Digital Synthesis Engine with 6-Part, 2-Layer structure
- Deep Editing and Motion Automation - Automate up to 69 Parameters!
- 16-Step Sequencer with 16 levels of accent
- Noise Sources with multiple resonant filter options
- Randomize Function
- Sine, Sawtooth and Noise oscillator waveforms
- Physical Modeling Resonator and Slice effects
- 16 kit memory storage, with 10 pre-loaded presets
- Envelope controls (Decay, Body and Tune)
- Retro, Custom LCD Display
- Sync In/Out jacks, MIDI IN and Headphone Output
- Compact size with Battery Operation and Built-in Speaker
Versatile Digital DSP Engine
The term "digital" typically brings to mind sounds that are based on PCM-sampled bass drum, snare drum, or cymbal, but the volca drum creates its drum sounds by DSP-powered analog modeling. Oscillator waveforms such as sine wave, sawtooth wave, and noise are provided. By applying various changes to these waveforms, you can create a wide variety of percussion sounds that range from realistic to idiosyncratic, and are not limited only to drums.
The six parts each have two layers, and do not impose any rules or restrictions such as specifying which parts must be used for the bass drum or for the cymbal; all parts have the same specifications. You can freely assign your new sounds to these six parts without being limited by the conventions of a drum set. A kit consists of the six parts that you've assigned plus the waveguide resonator effect settings, and 16 such kits can be stored in memory (the factory settings contain 10 preload kits).
Korg Volca Series Continues
The Volca series is all about unique sound. Whether it's analog, PCM, or FM, the volca series puts unique sounds into an accessible platform. And now, the series is joined by a new rhythm machine that brings yet another sonic character.
Hear it in Action!
Check out the video content or Soundcloud playlist on this page to hear what the Korg Volca Drum is capable of. Or why not book a demo with your local PMT In-Store Korg Synth expert?
Korg Volca Drum Specifications:
- Multi touch trigger pads / Step keys
- Type Digital synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony 6
- Structure 6 parts (For each part, 2 oscillators, pitch modulator, and amp EG), waveguide resonator effect.
- Kits 16 (Settings for 6 parts + Settings for waveguide resonator) Kit No.1 – No.10 are factory preset.
- Program 16 (Sequence pattern, Motion sequence, Kit No.) Program No.1 – No. 10 are factory preset.
- Number of parts 6
- Number of steps 16 (pattern chain is available)
- Number of recording patterns 16
- Audio Output Headphones jack (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In
- MIDI IN
- Battery Life Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Power Supply AA x 6, or KA-350 AC adapter (sold separately)
- Included Items AA alkaline battery × 6 (for verifying operation), Sync cable
- Accessories (sold separately) KA-350 AC adapter, SEQUENZ CB-4VOLCA hard shell case, SEQUENZ CC-VOLCA soft shell case, SQ-CABLE-6 Sync cable
- (W x D x H): 193 x 115 x 39 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.54 inches
- Weight: 370 g / 0.75 lbs. (Excluding batteries)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.000000|
|Key Action||Ribbon / Touch|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!