The BOSS RC-10R Rhythm Loop Station is a next-generation Loop Station that combines song-based looping with organic rhythms to great effect.
Perform at the Speed of Inspiration
This real-time creation machine is perfect for developing spontaneous music in style - and not just four bar loops, but whole song sections, intros/endings, and even rhythm fills.
With intuitive onboard controls and visual loop indicators, programming the BOSS RC-10R couldn't be easier. However, if you want to get even more technical with it, you can expand your control set to include external switches and even MIDI!
BOSS RC-10R Rhythm Loop Station Highlights
- Next-generation performance tool combining song-based looping and dynamic rhythms in a small footprint
- Cover nearly any genre with over 280 preset rhythm styles that include two unique sections, intro/ending fills, and two transition fills
- Sixteen versatile drum kits with high-quality sounds from the BOSS and Roland rhythm libraries
- Stereo looper engine with six hours of recording time and class-leading 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Serial two-track operation for building loop performances with two independent song parts
- Two circular indicators display loop and rhythm playback status
- Simple operation with informative LCD and intuitive interface
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories and 50 user rhythms
- Selectable output filter to optimize guitar and rhythm sounds for a guitar amp or full-range sound system
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Mac/Windows software for importing WAV loops and user rhythms in SMF format
- Additional content available for download at BOSS Tone Central
Next Generation Loop Station for Modern Song Performers
BOSS's Loop Station lineup - such as the RC-30 - are amongst the most popular loopers available.
With the RC-10R, BOSS introduces a whole new breed of Loop Station that incorporates percussive rhythms with song-style looping, drawing inspiration from many popular modern performers.
This unique, free-flowing tool allows you to develop your ideas, and make your stage performances both dynamic and compelling.
A Song-Based Looper and Smart Drum Machine, In One!
Unlike previous Loop Station, the rhythms on the RC-10R feature complete song structures and separate parts.
This pedal brings your loops and rhythms together in the most sophisticated way yet, allowing the two-track loop engine to work in a serial fashion, perfectly synced to the rhythm.
There's also two fill variations that bring natural energy during transitions, along with intro and enging fills which allow you to start and finish pieces in an organic way.
Adapts to Your Creative Approach
Don't worry too much if adding a backing rhythm isn't your thing: the BOSS RC-10R's loop and rhythm engines are designed to work just as well apart as they do together!
With the ability to build two independent loops free from rhythm, this pedal is ideal for creating stripped-down song performances, or evolving ambient soundscapes.
With that in mind though, it's also worth noting that the RC-10R is fully capable of working as a foot-operated drum machine, with real-time control over song sections and fills!
Expanded Control Possibilities
Whilst the interactive display and multi-function controls on the RC-10R give you plenty of control to begin with, you get even more possibilities at your disposal should you wish them.
These extra-control possibilities come in the shape of a jack socket, which allows you to connect up to two footswitches or even an expression pedal, allowing you even more control over your stop, undo/redo, loop volume, and other functions.
Going one step further though. With space-saving mini TRS jacks you can open up a multitude of direct-access functions and syn options from other MIDI devices, thanks to the incorporated full MIDI I/O.
Class-Leading Looper Engine
Whilst BOSS Loop Stations are renowned for their superb sound quality, the RC-10R blows the rest of them out of the water.
Thanks to it's 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, the loop recording engine provides audio performance that rivals the very best studio gear.
In addition to this, you can also keep your dry signal 100-percent analog, preserving your natural core tone.
Optimized Sound with Any Setup
Whilst it's true that both electric guitar and rhythm sections have different amplification needs, there's no need to worry: the RC-10R allows you to split your outgoing signal accordingly.
In other words: you can send your guitar to your amplifier - as usual - whilst the looper and rhythm can be sent to a separate amp system!
However, if you don't have a second amp available, or just want a simple solution, have no fear: the RC-10R comes equipped with a variety of unique tone filters, allowing you to optimise the guitar and/or rhythm sound for amplification through a single system - whether that's a guitar amp, PA system, or studio monitors, it's up to you!
Now with Frimeware Update 1.06
You can now update your Boss RC-10R with this firmware update you can get here.
BOSS RC-10R Rhythm Loop Station Specs
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 6 hours (stereo)
- Maximum Phrase Memory: 99
- Number of Tracks: 2
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo)
- Rhythm Type: 280 types or greater
- Rhythm Control: Intro, Pattern 1, Pattern 1 Fill, Pattern 2, Pattern 2 Fill, Ending
- Rhythm Kit: 16 types
- Maximum Polyphony: 24 voices
- Reverb (only for rhythm part): Common
- Memory: 99
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- RHYTHM switch, LOOP switch
- VALUE knob, RHYTHM LEVEL knob, LOOP LEVEL knob
- MENU button, EXIT button
- Display: 16 characters x 2 lines LCD (with backlit)
- Indicator: RHYTHM indicator, LOOP indicator
- INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: stereo miniature type
- DC IN jack
- USB COMPUTER port: USB micro B type
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 250 mA
- Dimensions: 101 (W) x 138 (D) x 63 (H) mm (excluding rubber foot); 101 (W) x 138 (D) x 65 (H) mm (including rubber foot)
- Weight: 620 g
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Rubber foot x 4
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.