Volca FM, a polyphonic digital synthesizer from Korg that completely reproduces a classic FM sound engine for true FM synthesis.
Volca FM – True FM Polyphonic Synthesis
A three-voice digital FM synthesizer, the Volca FM completely reproduces the sound engine of a classic FM synth.
Its simple and unique interface makes the Volca FM east to manipulate and create incredible FM sounds, even if you’re not seasoned in the ways of FM synthesis.
True FM Synthesis with Three Voices
FM, or Frequency Modulation, sound generation heralded a new dawn of synthesized music creation, bringing fantastic electric piano and synth bass sounds and many more.
Volca FM reproduces the sound engines you’d find in the classic digital synthesizers that introduced FM synthesis to the world.
Six operators and 32 algorithms provide great compatibility with the Volca even being able to load SYS-EX/SYX format files from the Yamaha DX7.
Easy Sound Editing
When designing the Volca FM, Korg set out to make it extremely easy and accessible, and thanks to their ingenuity and engineering knowhow, being simple to use doesn’t make the Volca FM any less powerful.
With MODULATOR/CARRIER edit knobs you can make all sorts of adjustments with the knob movements being mapped to multiple paremeters making sound changing extremely easy to understand.
FM aficionados will enjoy delving deep into the menus for extensive parameter editing with the Volca FM coming with a Parameter List Guide to guide to help out.
Volca Style Sequencing and Pattern Creation
A built-in loop sequencer with up to 16 steps allows you to record your performance on the keyboard as you play with the ability to store up to sixteen sequence patterns on the internal memory.
The incredibly useful Motion Sequence function records your knob movements to create time-varying change in the sound; great for live performance dynamics.
In addition to an active step function which allows you to stop steps during a sequence, the Volca FM has a series of new features that allow you to come up with more irregular rhythms.
For example; if the active step is less than 16 steps, you can use the warp active step function to compensate and occupy the same playback time as 16 steps, synchronise the playback with another Volca series unit and you can skew the step timing, generating an unconventional and unique performance.
New to the Volca series, the Volca FM has an arpeggiator which you can use in conjunction with the motion sequence feature to create something really out there.
Also, using the pattern chain function you can connect multiple sequence patterns together for successive playback, allowing you to 32, 64 or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
Synchronise Two Volca FM Units
A sync connector allows you connect the Volca FM to other devices such as another Volca series unit, the electribe or the SQ-1 so you can get seriously creative with some awesome synchronised sequencer playback.
You can even connect two Volca FMs together to clone the sound programs and sequence data from one Volca FM to the other.
Making use of the MIDI IN jack you can even use your Volca FM as a sound module for your DAW and MIDI controller. The possibilities are virtually endless.
Portable, Powerful and Simple to Use
The Korg Volca FM has been designed to be extremely compact in size and can even be powered by batteries – combining this with its built-in speaker means you can take the Volca FM with you wherever you go and perform anywhere any time.
Check out the “See It In Action” and “Hear It In Action” tabs to hear some of the awesome sounds you can create with this incredible piece of gear.
With a focus on intuitive and comprehensive controls, Korg have created an extremely easy and fun to use FM synthesizer in the Volca FM.
Korg Volca FM Key Features:
- 3-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer, fully compatible with classic unit
- Super-easy sound editing
- Onboard CHORUS effect
- Volca style sequencing and more
Korg Volca FM Specs:
- Type: Multi touch keyboard
- Type: FM synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 3 voices
- Structure: 6 operators, 32 algorithms
- Number of Programs: 32
- Main Edits: Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm, Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
- Controls: Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
- Arpeggiator Types: 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
- Voice Modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
- Built-In Effect: Chorus
- Number of Parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16
- Controls: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V), When two units of volca fm, available to export the sound programs and sequence data from a volca fm to the other one
- MIDI: In, Available to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6, Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
Dimensions and Weight
- W x D x H: 193 x 115 x 40 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.57”
- Weight: 360 g / 12.70 oz. (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
- Optional Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.600000|
|Power Supply||AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350|
|Key Action||Ribbon / Touch|
|Synthesis Type||FM digital synthesis|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!