The BOSS Katana 50 MKII takes the core platform of one of the world's most popular modern combo amps, and boosts it up a notch or three with a bunch of new features and voices.
A Versatile, 50 Watt Guitar Combo
Featuring more sounds, more effects, and more features than ever before, the new BOSS Katana MKII Guitar Amplifier is a powerful and versatile combo that can now be yours for a fantastic price!
BOSS Katana 50 MKII Highlights
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
More Versatile Than Ever
Since their initial release a few short years ago, the BOSS Katana lineup has established itself as the go-to modeling amplifier for aspiring pro's, hobbyists, and relative beginners the world over.
The Katana MKII builds upon the core tones of its predecessor to deliver a combo amp that truly soars far beyond its price class.
Five Amps, Ten Tones!
Whether you want to hear organic-sounding, vintage tube tones, something a little more modern and high-gain, or even a dedicated voice optimised for acoustics, the five primary amp characters on the Katana can take you there.
These characters have now been extended with all-new voice variations, giving you an even wider palette of tones with which to paint your sonic landscape.
Five EFfects At Once
Another upgrade for the Katana MKII is the ability to now run a massive FIVE (yes, 5) effects categories at the same time, essentially giving you a decent-sized on-board pedalboard to play with.
With 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from, and the ability to connect up to the BOSS Tone Studio for even more options, this amp is ready-made to help you customise your perfect sound, for any situation.
BOSS Tube Logic
For that full-throttle, authentic tube-amp sound, BOSS have included their incredible Tube Logic technology in the Katana MKII.
This technology delivers the kind of authentic tube overdrive and distortion tones and characteristics we all know and love, but thanks to the amp's variable Power Control it can deliver those sweet spots even and bedroom volume levels!
Amplify Your External Gear
Whilst the Katana 50 MKII is superb as a standalone, practice-ready amp, you can also use it as a powered cabinet for your favourite preamp, modeler or multi-fx unit!
Simply connect to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack, and the MKII's preamp is bypassed, allowing you to tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with Power Control function!
Custom Setup One-Touch Recall
Thanks to the inclusion of Tone Setting memories on the Katana MKII, you can recall your favourite amp and effects setups with ease.
Simply dial in your preferred sound with the panel controls, then save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold, and away you go!
The Katana MKII allows you to save 4 Tone Settings (two banks of 2), and you can quickly recall them again via the panel, or through using external foot controllers.
Ready-To-Mix Direct Tones
With Line, USB, and phone/recording outputs at your disposal, the Katana MKII can be directly connected up to any PA System, DAW, or headphones.
This sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings via the BOSS Tone Studio, and as two-channel USB operation is supported, you can track in true stero with many of Katana's on-board effects.
BOSS Tone Studio Enhancements
The release of the Katana MKII also sees the evolution of BOSS Tone Studio.
With an updated interface, faster workflow, and dedicated Pedal FX category, editing, storing, sharing, and downloading new setups for your Katana has never been easier.
If you already own a BOSS Katana, it's worth noting that Tone Studio will allow you to import your custom patches into the MKII with ease!
BOSS KATANA-50 MkII Guitar Amplifier Specs
Nominal Input Level
|Effects||booster, mod, fx, delay, and reverb|
|Woofer Size||12" woofer|
|Amp Type||modelling / digital amplifier|
September 17, 2018Read Article
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*