With the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X is a compact reactive load box, tube amp attenuator, miked cab simulator, IR loader, and stereo expander in one.
Perfect For Home, Live, And Studio Use
There's no finer feeling than playing your favourite valve amplifier in a great-sounding room, with perfectly-matched speaker cabinets and microphones. Unfortunately that's not always possible to achieve, due to space constraints and issues with volume levels.
Luckily, the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X can step in and help you out.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Key Features
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100 watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38 dB), Club (-20 dB), Stadium (0 db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets and Dual IR Loader
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations and 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Instantly select your favourite preset direct on the hardware
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote via USB and MIDI (Windows and macOS) or wirelessly on your phone/tablet (Android and iOS)
- Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet): Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb; Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other
- Two notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings in your DAW
- Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable
- Speaker inputs/outputs: 1/4" jack unbalanced (TS)
- MIDI input: 1/8" jack - cable adapter supplied
- Micro USB port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied
- Powered by supplied PSU
A Compact Solution To Your Amp Being Too Loud
Thanks to the powerful attenuation technology in the Torpedo Captor X, you can play your favourite valve amp in relative silence.
Once you've set the amp to your favourite sweet spot, the Captor X can be used to control your volume, allowing you to enjoy even 100 Watt rigs through volume-controlled headphones.
In addition to this, you can also use the Two Notes Captor X to connect directly to a PA or audio interface without the need for carrying those heavy cabinets around.
As if that wasn't enough, the Captor X is loaded with studio grade cabinet and microphone simulations, letting you get your ideal sound every time.
Effortlessly Control Your Miking Chain
Controlling your Torpedo Captor X couldn't be easier, thanks to the Torpedo Remote mobile app.
Torpedo Remote will allow you to explore a legendarry backline of speaker cabinets and microphones, and even allow you to set up dual-microphone options per cabinet!
Two XLR Outputs - Three Possibilities
Whilst the Captor X offers an incredible stereo experience when playing at home, but when live or in a studio situation you can route the outputs differently.
Due to the I/O setup on this reactive load box, you can enable Dual Mono routing to send different signals to your front of house and monitors.
Another fun function of this product is the ability to enable Dry/Wet routing, allowing you to send both your Cab Sim and Dry Amp signals independently to an audio interface.
The Torpedo Captor X can also help enhance your tone, thanks to the inclusion of studio-grade processing and effects.
With Twin Tracker, Stereo Reverb, Enhancer, and Voicing effects and parameters available - all controllable via the Torpedo Remote app - fine-tuning your sound couldn't be easier.
Free Downloads Upon Registration
In addition to the selection of 32 Two Notes cabinets and microphone options already loaded into the Captor X, Two Notes are offering even more upon purchase.
Simply register your Captor X with the official Two Notes website, and you will be eligible to download 3 additional virtual cabinets and 30 exclusive presets, opening up a whole new world of tone for you.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Specs
- Dimensions: 128 (w) x 175 (d) x 64 (h) mm
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- SPEAKER IN: 1/4 jack unbalanced (TS)
- SPEAKER OUT: 1/4 jack unbalanced (TS)
- PHONES output: 1/4 jack balanced (TRS)
- LEFT/RIGHT outputs: XLR Balanced (Maximum output level: 15 dBu. Impedance: 600 Ohms)
- MIDI input: 1/8 jack balanced TRS. Jack to MIDI cable adapter supplied.
- Micro USB B port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied.
- Mains power adapter: 100-240v AC / Output: 12V DC, 1A supplied.
- 24 bits / 96 kHz converters
- Bandwidth (-1dB): 30Hz – 19 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio: > 95 dB
- Internal processing at 32 bits
- Latency: 2.2 ms (SPEAKER IN to LEFT/RIGHT OUTPUTS)
|Software Included||torpedo remote app|
|Power Supply||9v dc adaptor|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.