Two Notes Torpedo Captor X 8 Ohm Reactive Load Box
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock
With the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X is a compact reactive load box, tube amp attenuator, miked cab simulator, IR loader, and stereo expander in one.
Perfect For Home, Live, And Studio Use
There's no finer feeling than playing your favourite valve amplifier in a great-sounding room, with perfectly-matched speaker cabinets and microphones. Unfortunately that's not always possible to achieve, due to space constraints and issues with volume levels.
Luckily, the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X can step in and help you out.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Key Features
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100 watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38 dB), Club (-20 dB), Stadium (0 db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets and Dual IR Loader
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations and 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Instantly select your favourite preset direct on the hardware
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote via USB and MIDI (Windows and macOS) or wirelessly on your phone/tablet (Android and iOS)
- Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet): Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb; Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other
- Two notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings in your DAW
- Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable
- Speaker inputs/outputs: 1/4" jack unbalanced (TS)
- MIDI input: 1/8" jack - cable adapter supplied
- Micro USB port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied
- Powered by supplied PSU
A Compact Solution To Your Amp Being Too Loud
Thanks to the powerful attenuation technology in the Torpedo Captor X, you can play your favourite valve amp in relative silence.
Once you've set the amp to your favourite sweet spot, the Captor X can be used to control your volume, allowing you to enjoy even 100 Watt rigs through volume-controlled headphones.
In addition to this, you can also use the Two Notes Captor X to connect directly to a PA or audio interface without the need for carrying those heavy cabinets around.
As if that wasn't enough, the Captor X is loaded with studio grade cabinet and microphone simulations, letting you get your ideal sound every time.
Effortlessly Control Your Miking Chain
Controlling your Torpedo Captor X couldn't be easier, thanks to the Torpedo Remote mobile app.
Torpedo Remote will allow you to explore a legendarry backline of speaker cabinets and microphones, and even allow you to set up dual-microphone options per cabinet!
Two XLR Outputs - Three Possibilities
Whilst the Captor X offers an incredible stereo experience when playing at home, but when live or in a studio situation you can route the outputs differently.
Due to the I/O setup on this reactive load box, you can enable Dual Mono routing to send different signals to your front of house and monitors.
Another fun function of this product is the ability to enable Dry/Wet routing, allowing you to send both your Cab Sim and Dry Amp signals independently to an audio interface.
The Torpedo Captor X can also help enhance your tone, thanks to the inclusion of studio-grade processing and effects.
With Twin Tracker, Stereo Reverb, Enhancer, and Voicing effects and parameters available - all controllable via the Torpedo Remote app - fine-tuning your sound couldn't be easier.
Free Downloads Upon Registration
In addition to the selection of 32 Two Notes cabinets and microphone options already loaded into the Captor X, Two Notes are offering even more upon purchase.
Simply register your Captor X with the official Two Notes website, and you will be eligible to download 3 additional virtual cabinets and 30 exclusive presets, opening up a whole new world of tone for you.
Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Specs
- Dimensions: 128 (w) x 175 (d) x 64 (h) mm
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- SPEAKER IN: 1/4 jack unbalanced (TS)
- SPEAKER OUT: 1/4 jack unbalanced (TS)
- PHONES output: 1/4 jack balanced (TRS)
- LEFT/RIGHT outputs: XLR Balanced (Maximum output level: 15 dBu. Impedance: 600 Ohms)
- MIDI input: 1/8 jack balanced TRS. Jack to MIDI cable adapter supplied.
- Micro USB B port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied.
- Mains power adapter: 100-240v AC / Output: 12V DC, 1A supplied.
- 24 bits / 96 kHz converters
- Bandwidth (-1dB): 30Hz – 19 kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio: > 95 dB
- Internal processing at 32 bits
- Latency: 2.2 ms (SPEAKER IN to LEFT/RIGHT OUTPUTS)
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Torpedo Remote App
|9v DC Adaptor
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.