Taylor 814ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic Guitar
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
Coming to you fresh from Taylor's venerable family of Rosewood and Spruce guitars, the 814ce is the perfect blend of tonal sophistication and a seamless playing experience.
Taylor's Flagship Grand Auditorium Model
With the Taylor 814ce you get a premium-quality, 800 Series Grand Auditorium electro acoustic guitar with a Sitka Spruce top, coupled with Indian Rosewood back and sides.
This excellent guitar delivers plenty of sonic power, and is packed full of high end features that are guaranteed to make your playing experience as smooth as possible.
Taylor 814ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic Guitar Highlights
- Flagship Grand Auditorium acoustic guitar from Taylor
- Classic tonewood pairing of Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
- Venetian cutaway to the upper bout allows easy access to guitar's upper register
- V-Class bracing system takes the guitar's projection to all new heights
- Radius-style Rosewood armrest offers increased playing comfort
- Highly-playable Mahogany neck, capped with an Ebony fingerboard
- Mother of Pearl "Element" fingerboard and peghead inlays
- Taylor's illustrious ES2 acoustic pickup and preamp system offers easy plug and play options
- Ships in a deluxe hardshell case
Exquisite Tonewood Combination
As with all other models within Taylor's 800 Series, this 814ce Grand Auditorium sees the classic tonewood pairing of Spruce (in this case, Sitka) and Indian Rosewood come together to great effect.
Sitka Spruce is the soundboard choice for most acoustic guitars, thanks to its broad dynamic range, and ability to accommodate a wide range of playing styles.
Complimenting the spruce top is a back and sides createad from the tonewood superstar: Indian Roseowood. This wood is easily the most popular ever used on an acoustic, and is renowned for its rich, booming voice that has been heard on countless hit records over the decades.
In addition to this, the inclusion of a V-Class bracing system increases the flexibility and stability of the spruce top, producing unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
Supremely Comfortable To Play
The Grand Auditorium is Taylor's most popular guitar body shape and the reason for that is its incredible versatility. Bigger than a Grand Concert but smaller than a Dreadnought, the Grand Auditorium guitar shares characteristics of both.
As a result, you can enjoy articulate fingerstyle playing and full-bodied strumming. You will also appreciate the elegantly sloped Venetian cutaway that provides easy access to the upper frets.
The neck sports a beautifully smooth satin finish for speedy and comfortable playing and holds a West African ebony fretboard providing a similarly smooth playing area.
As if that wasn't enough, the gutiar features a radius-style Rosewood armrest, offering increased levels of comfort for your right arm when you play.
Expression System 2
For when you want to record, or project to a larger audience, this guitar has been equipped with Taylor's illustrious ES2 (Expression System 2) electronics system.
The pickup within this system is specially designed to capture a more accurate representation of your guitar's dynamic properties than what most traditional piezo pickups can do.
Add to this the ES2 preamp system, with its controls for Volume and Tone, and you have yourself a plug-and-play friendly guitar that artists, live sound mixers, and audiences alike will simply love.
Taylor 814ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic Guitar Specs
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut and Saddle: Black Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Smoked Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4-5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding: Radius, Indian Rosewood
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Armrest: Yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Element
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Pale Non-Figured Maple
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Element
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Smoked Nickel
- Edge Trim: Indian Rosewood
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Warranty||10 Years Upon Registration With Taylor|
|Neck Wood||Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||Acoustic Pickup System|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||grand auditorium|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||rosewood body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.