SSL2 USB Audio Interface
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock
Following their foray into more affordable, accessible studio gear, the SSL 2 now puts the sound of vintage Solid State Logic studio tools into a powerful desktop 2-channel USB Audio Interface.
The SSL2 offers an incredible array of production benefits, stunning sound quality and clarity from recording any sound source, making it the perfect accompaniment for any project or home music studio.
SSL-designed Analogue Simplicity
With beautifully SSL-designed analogue microphone preamps and immaculate 24/192kHz conversion, the DNA of the SSL2 is geared towards uncompromising studio-quality recording. However, the SSL2 offers something a little bit more than your average USB Audio interface. It's equipped with Legacy 4K Analogue Enhancement and a High-Frequency EQ Boost for adding vintage flavour to dull, lifeless recordings.
Also kitted out with a pristine monitoring path and high-performance headphone amp for crystal-clear playback, SSL2 is ideal for reference monitoring, recording and tracking, as well as beatmaking and music creation.
Topped off with an intuitive front-panel with low-latency monitor mix control, you're always ready to capture the next great performance.
SSL 2 Key Features
- 2 x Class-Leading Mic Preamps (130.5dB EIN / 62dB of Gain)
- Pro-Studio Quality Neutrik Connectors and Alps pots
- High Current Headphone Amp
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AKM Converters
- Legacy 4K Analogue Enhancement - Inspired by SSL4000 series console
- Exclusive SSL Production Pack included
- Advanced Workflow Technology utilised in ergonomics, layout and metering
Legacy 4K - SSL Analogue Enhancement
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it's the sound of our classic EQ '242' and '292' EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our groundbreaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, we're always moving forward. Nothing highlights our dedication to the science than the recent Fusion and SiX product, where we have taken our analogue obsession to another level.
However, sometimes the raw sound of a microphone can sound a little 'uninspiring' or lifeless and you need something to bring it to life. This is where the Legacy 4K button comes in. Legacy 4K is an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as '4K'). With the Legacy 4K button, SSL have distilled 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into 'boring' or 'dull' sounding input sources.
High-Frequency EQ boost
The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a 'forward', yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
4K consoles are synonymous with a imparting certain 'mojo' to signals passing through them. Using modern components, SSL have created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet-sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path.
SSL Production PackIncluded with the SSL2 interface is a generous array of software titles to get you fully up and running out-the-box. If this is your first Audio Interface, or you're a seasoned producer, there's value in the SSL Production Pack to record and sequence some great sounds right away.
- Pro Tools | First - In addition to Protools First, an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plugins including the legendary Bombfactory compressors: BF-76, BF-2A and BF-3A.
- Ableton Live Lite - The lightweight version of Ableton's acclaimed music creation software for musicians, producers and DJ's alike.
- 1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud - SSL and Loopcloud have come together to curate this ready-to-roll collection of samples and loops, organised intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud software.
- Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start - Kick-start your musical journey with 2000+ incredible sounds from synths, sampled instruments, essential effects and samples.
- SSL Native Vocalstrip2 & Drumstrip - In addition to the brilliant selection of 3rd party software, SSL are bundling their DrumStrip & VocalStrip2 plug-ins! SSL's renowned knowledge of audio processing and workflow, distilled into two user friendly plug-ins designed to get great results, quickly and consistently on your vocal and drum productions.
SSL 2 Technical Specifications:
- Freq response: 20Hz – 20 kHz (line / Inst) ± 0.05dB
- Freq response: 20Hz – 20 kHz (Mic) ± 0.1dB
- Mic Input EIN (A-Weighted, 150 termination): -130.5 dBu
- Input Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 110.5dB
- Monitor Output Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 112dB
- Input THD+N (@1kHz): <0.0015 % @ -8 dBFS, <00.5 % @ -1 dBFS
- Monitor Outputs THD+N (@1kHz): <0.0012% @ -8 dBFS, <0.002 % @ -1 dBFS
- Maximum Input Level: +5.5dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +12.5 dBu
- Mic/Line/Inst Inputs: 2
- Legacy 4K Switches: Yes
- Balanced Monitor Outputs: Yes
- Stereo Headphone Outputs: 1
- Low-Latency Monitor Mix Control: Yes
- USB Bus-Powered: Yes
Weight & Dimensions:
- Width x Depth x Height: 9.2 x 6.2 x 2.7" / 234 x 157 x 70mm
- Weight: 1.94lbs / 880g
- Boxed weight: 2.6lbs / 1.18kg
|Solid State Logic
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.