Designed in close collaboration between Squier and J Mascis himself, the new Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster Vintage White Laurel is here and it means business.
This stunning guitar not only looks, sounds and feels great, but it can be yours now for a fantastic price!
Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster Vintage White Laurel Highlights
- Budget-friendly Signature Series Jazzmaster guitar
- Maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and 21-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Two single-coil Jazzmaster pickups
- Classic dual-circuit design ("lead"/"rhythm") with volume and tone controls for each
- Three-way toggle pickup switch, two-way slide "lead"/"rhythm" switch
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style "floating" tremolo tailpiece
- Gold anodized aluminum pickguard, vintage-style tuners
An Affordable, High-Quality Signature Guitar
Alt-rock legend and Dinosaur Jr frontman J Mascis is renowned for his crushing guitar lines, and so Squier came together with him to design a guitar that delivers as much massive sound as he does.
Every component on this guitar, from the pickups and hardware down to the finish, has been specified by Mascis himself, with the end result offering you tremendous tone at a fabulous price.
Comfortable to Play
While it may have a larger body that other guitars, the Jazzmaster's body was originally designed to offer a much more comfortable playing experience, especially whilst sitting down.
Add to this the "C"-shaped neck - which sits nicely in your hand, and grants you comfortable access across the entire fretboard - and you have a guitar that not only looks great, but is a pleasure to play as well.
Full-Toned Single Coil Pickups
Jazzmaster pickups, while being Single Coil in nature, are wound differently to those that you'd usually find on a Strat or Tele. This unique winding helps the pickups produce a full-bodied tone, similar to what you'd get with a humbucker, but manages to retain the chime and sparkle of a Single Coil.
Authentic Jazzmaster Electronics
Often abset from modern Jazzmaster guitars, the Lead/Rhythm switch is most certainly present here on this J Mascis signature.
When set to Lead mode (slide switch in Down position) the guitar functions as normal, with your 3-way pickup switch and Master Tone/Volume controls at your disposal as you'd expect.
However, switch to Rhythm mode (slide switch in Up position) and you activate the Rhythm circuit. In this mode the standard controls are deactivated, and only the Neck position pickup works.
While in Rhythm mode the two thumbwheels above the pickups control your volume and tone, and your sound will be noticeably darker. This makes the setting perfect for those muddy-sounding Grunge/Punk/Alt-Rock licks, but don't forget to switch it back if you want to use the Bridge pickup!
Another vintage-inspired addition on the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster is the Adjust-Matic Bridge with a Floating Tremolo tailpiece. While the bridge is renowned for offering a great amount of tuning stability, the tremolo tailpiece gives you the option of adding some nice vibrato or pitch bends when you play.
From the authentic 1950s-era gold anodised aluminium pickguard and vintage White Gloss finish, down to the "Aged White" control knobs and pickup covers, this guitar looks like a blast from the past.
Despite this, the modern neck profile and smooth satin neck finish offer you a thoroughly modern playing experience that's ideal for the guitarist of today.
Order Yours Today
To buy this fantastic guitar, simply contact your local PMT Store or order online now and make use of our fantastic Home-Delivery and Store Pickup options.
Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster Vintage White Laurel Specs
- Material: Basswood
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: White PPS
- Nut Width: 1.675"
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Volume, Tone (Lead Circuit); Volume, Tone (Rhythm Circuit)
- Switching: 3-position Toggle; 2-Position Slide
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Upper and Lower Volume/Tone Control circuits
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: Silver Anodized Aluminium
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Squier
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jazzmaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||basswood body|
February 18, 2019Read Article
September 24, 2018Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*