The Shure SM7B is a warm, detailed sounding vocal microphone that is ideal for close-range vocal applications such as radio broadcasting, TV talkovers, and general studio lead vocal recording.
The Ultimate Vocal Microphone
Courtesy of a wide-range frequency response, bass roll off and mid-range control, and internal air suspension shock isolation, the Shure SM7B has established itself as the go-to microphone for Broadcast Studios around the world. As well as spoken word, vocal song performance and interviews, the SM7B also provides a unique response for guitar cabs and amplifiers, subsequently used on successful recordings over the past 2 decades.
Noise-Free Vocal Clarity
It specifically shields against electromagnetic hum caused by studio monitors and speakers, so it delivers a noise-free signal for professional users who demand the highest quality without compromise. The included internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission too.
Efficient Pop Filter
The SM7B features a standard high-density windscreen and an additional A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals.
Improved Bracket Design
The updated Shure SM7B features a hassle-free cable management system and upgraded bracket design to offer greater stability. This also allows for easy rigging into a studio environment via XLR connectivity. Compatible with a wide range of microphone arms and clamps.
Shure SM7B Key Features:
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
Shure SM7B Specifications:
- Brand: Shure
- Type: Dynamic
- Weight: 0.76kg
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: Adjustable
- Sensitivity: -59.00 dBV/Pa – 1.12 mV/Pa
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Switchable low cut: Yes
- Connectors: 3 Pin XLR
- Attenuator: No
- Interchangeable Capsule: No
- Main Functionality: Broadcasting
- Headphone Output: No
- Cartridge: Fixed
|Applications||radio, tv, podcast, studio, broadcasting vocals, electric guitar, snare, toms, bass drum|
November 21, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*