Built with customized transformers and discrete circuitry provided by the man who pioneered the entire recording industry, The RNR1 may very well be one of the clearest and most versatile ribbon microphones available on the market today. Perfect for recording instruments such as piano, drums or for close micing speaker cabinets. The RNR1 also works wonderfully at capturing ambient room sounds within a mix.
SE Electronics team up with audio pioneering legend Rupert Neve to bring you the RNR1 ribbon microphone.
Nobody knows audio transformers better than Rupert Neve, and ribbon mics require more transformer attention than any other. This is because the transformer that couples the ribbon to the output needs to accomplish a fairly massive impedance conversion.
After experimenting with ribbon materials available from all corners of the world, the design team landed on the 2.5µm aluminum ribbon used in the RNR1, striking the perfect balance of flexibility and stiffness needed for this microphone's exceptional performance.
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with active electronics
- Generating Element: Hand-tensioned 2.5µm aluminum ribbon
- Directional Pattern: Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 25 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 22.39 mV/Pa (-33 dB)
- Max SPL: 135 dB (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB
- Self Noise: 18 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 100 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 860g / 30.34oz
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*