Roland SH-01A Sound Module Polyphonic Synthesizer
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock
Roland SH-01A, the latest addition to the Roland Boutique electronic instrument line-up is a fantastic recreation of the iconic SH-101 synth.
SH-01A - Resurrecting the Classic SH-101
Back in the 80s, Roland released one of the most popular analogue synthesizers of all time; the SH-101.
Now, building on the incredible original, the Roland SH-01A brings back everything we all loved about the Roland SH-101 but with awesome new polyphonic capabilities and modern performance features.
Reviving a Legend
Thanks to its incredibly rich sound and easy to program synth structure, the original SH-101 became hugely popular with a wide range of artists using it to produce awesome sound effects, fat basses and edgy lead sounds.
Now, over three decades later, by accurately recreating its oscillator, filter and envelope behaviours Roland are bringing back all the signature sounds that made the SH-101 so popular in the form of the new SH-01A analog synthesizer.
Using Analogue Circuit Behaviour (ACB) Technology, Roland have faithfully reproduced the SH-101’s legendary sounds by recreating the behaviour of the original analogue circuitry down to the minutest detail.
Polyphonic Analog Synth
The Roland SH-01A supports four voices and four modes, far surpassing the sound creation possibilities of its predecessor while having all the appropriate options in order to faithfully recreate the sound of the SH-101.
Mono mode allows you to produce the classic SH-101 sound while Poly mode allows you to play up to four notes simultaneously with SH-101 sounds available for pads and chord playing.
Unison mode allows you to stack four separate voices to create huge, fat leads and bass lines while Chord mode layers any four pitches together for playing in semitone steps.
64 patch memories are built into the SH-01A allowing you to save your created sounds for use later.
Updated Step Sequencer
Roland’s SH-01A comes fully equipped with an intuitive 100-step sequencer, just like on the original SH101 but with this new version, the ability to save and recall 64 sequence patterns has been added.
You can also use the sequencer to control hardware modules, modular synths and soft-ware plug-ins via USB, MIDI and CV/Gate.
Portable Roland Boutique Synth
Roland have designed this boutique synthesizer to be extremely portable.
You can run the SH-01A on USB bus power or with batteries and with the inclusion of a built-in speaker you can make music and monitor it wherever you are.
A more compact version of the original SH-101, the SH01A can be taken along with you wherever you go so you’re ready to make music at all times.
An authentic recreation of a classic synth with some incredible modern features that will inspire and facilitate your creativity, the SH-01A is an awesome addition to the Roland Boutique Electronic Instrument range.
Roland SH-01A Boutique Analogue Polyphonic Synthesizer, Key Features:
- Sounds of the classic SH-101 Synthesizer via ACB Tech, Including Bass, Lead, Noise and Sound Effects
- New Unison, Chord and Four-Voice Polyphonic Modes Expand On The Original’s Iconic Sound Palette
- Built-In Sequencer with 64 Patterns Available to Save and Recall
- Easy Performance Arpeggiator with Three Playback Modes, Note Hold and Three-Way Transpose Switch
- CV/Gate Output for Controlling Modular or Vintage Gear
- Multiple Sync Options Including Internal and External MIDI, MIDI via USB, LFO Clock and Trigger Input
- 64 Writeable Preset Patches for Increased Performance Capabilities
- Selectable Advanced LFO with New Waveforms and Extended Range of Clock Rate
Roland SH-01A Boutique Analogue Polyphonic Synthesizer, Specs:
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- Assign Mode: MONO/UNISON/POLY/CHORD
- Sound Patch: 64
- Sequencer Pattern: 64
- VOLUME knob
- Ribbon controllers C1, C2
- RATE indicator and slider
- WAVE FORM select knob
- MOD depth slider
- RANGE select knob
- PULSE WIDTH slider
- LFO/MAN/ENV select switch
- PULSE level slider
- SAW level slider
- SUB OSC level slider
- SUB OSC select slider
- NOISE level slider
- FREQ: cutoff frequency slider
- RES: resonance slider
- ENV: envelope depth slider
- MOD: modulation depth slider
- KYBD: key follow slider
- ENV/GATE select switch
- GATE+TRIG/GATE/LFO select switch
- A: attack time slider
- D: decay time slider
- S: sustain level slider
- R: release time slider
- TRANSPOSE switch (L/M/H)
- VCO BENDER sens slider
- VCF BENDER sens slider
- LFO MOD slider
- PORTAMENTO select switch (AUTO/OFF/ON)
- PORTAMENTO time knob
- MENU switch and indicator
- 1/LOAD switch and indicator
- 2/PLAY switch and indicator
- 3/DOWN switch and indicator
- 4/U&D switch and indicator
- 5/UP switch and indicator
- 6/HOLD switch and indicator
- 7/KEY TRANSPOSE switch and indicator
- 8 switch and indicator
- Power switch
- 100 steps
- 4 notes (Polyphonic)
- 1 OCT/2 OCT
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- CV OUT jack: mono miniature phone type
- GATE OUT jack: mono miniature phone type
- EXT CLK IN jack: mono miniature phone type
- PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack: stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- USB bus power
- Current Draw: 500 mA (USB bus power)
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 6 hours
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- 300 (W) x 128 (D) x 46 (H) mm
- 11-13/16 (W) x 5-1/16 (D) x 1-13/16 (H) inches
Weight (including batteries)
- 965 g
- 2 lbs 3 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard Unit: K-25m
- Boutique Dock: DK-01
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.