LX-17; a new generation digital piano from Roland, bringing a luxury, authentic piano experience into your home with incredible craftsmanship, playability and lifelike sound.
Luxurious Home Piano with The Ultimate Sound
Roland has been developing the ultimate piano experience since way back in 1972 and the new Roland LX Pianos are a fantastic testament to the hard work, research and development Roland have put into this endeavour.
Seen here in a classic, sleek polished ebony finish, the LX-17 gives you the full piano experience through the incredible combination of its elegant and practical physical design, amazing playability and awe-inspiring, high sound quality.
SuperNATURAL Piano Sounds and PHA-50 Keyboard
On most digital pianos, when you press a key you a simple recording of a piano note. With a SuperNatural Piano though, you get something extremely different and very special.
Using unique, cutting edge modelling technology, the entire sound creation process that you would find in a typical acoustic piano has been recreated. SuperNATURAL takes into account the notes being played, how they resonate and how this interacts with the many different aspects and elements of the piano itself.
Thanks to this, you can enjoy an incredibly rich, complex sound with overtones that accurately changes in response to how you’re playing; an impossible feat for standard digital pianos that use samples.
With SuperNATURAL, you’re not just playing back a recording; you’re truly creating the sound.
Acoustic Grand Piano Playing Experience
To deliver a fantastic playing experience, the Roland LX-17 features a PHA-50 Keyboard. Each key on the PHA-50 combines wooden sides with an inner moulded material making it extremely durable while providing the traditional look and feel we know and love.
Not only do the keys look and feel like ebony and ivory but they have the same moisture-absorbing characteristics so your fingers won’t slide off while playing.
It was also important to Roland that the way the keys move was perfect too and so each key features a stabilising pin ensuring smooth and precise vertical travel of the key while avoiding the sideways movement and noise that can be experienced while performing glissandos on lesser pianos.
Also, with the LX-17 featuring Roland’s latest piano engine, they retuned the key sensing system to match it. This means the sound of the LX-17 and the PHA-50 keyboard work in beautiful harmony so you get the ultimate piano playing experience.
Multi-Channel Acoustic Projection Speaker System
For the full piano experience, Roland have made use of a multi-channel Acoustic Projection speaker system which reproduces the rich and immersive sound experience you get from an actual acoustic grand piano.
Each section of a four-way, eight-speaker system, driven by a powerful six-channel amplifier, has a specific role in creating and delivering the ultimate piano tone.
Powerful cabinet speakers reproduce the main, all-enveloping piano sound while top-mounted asymmetric spatial speakers project the piano frame resonance. Nearfield speakers and tweeters deliver the most noticeable sound such as dramatic and dynamic overtones and even the sound of the hammer as it hits the piano string for that ultra-realistic sound.
You can even open the top lid for a cleaner sound; just like what you’d get when using a real acoustic piano.
By connecting your smartphone or other device via Bluetooth, you can use apps along with your LX-17 to make learning easy and even more fun.
Using smartphones and tablets to learn and play new songs is commonplace in the modern world of piano playing and so Roland have designed the LX-17 to incorporate this and make the experience seamless for the player.
The Roland LX-17 connects wirelessly to your device and allows you to make use of a wide range of iOS and Android apps for both fun and learning.
You can stream music and backing tracks through the speakers of the Roland LX-17 to play along with, or you can plug in your headphones and practice privately.
When using the app PiaScore, which gives you free access to over 70,000 music scores, you can turn the pages on your iPad/iPhone screen by simply pressing the piano’s pedal!
Of course, you can just use the LX-17 to play your favourite songs so that you may appreciate them in a whole new way thanks to the LX-17’s incredible, high quality speaker system.
Perfectly Adaptable to Private Practice
Unlike traditional acoustic pianos, digital pianos allow you to plug in your headphones, ensuring you can play any time of day and not have to worry about waking the neighbours or family.
However, with most digital pianos, the sound that would normally be sent to the speakers just gets rerouted to your headphones and as such; the sound will not be tailored to this experience.
Wanting to ensure you get the best experience with the LX-17 however you choose to play, Roland have made use of Headphones 3D Ambience to optimise the audio.
This gives you incredibly realistic sound that seems as if it’s coming from the piano itself and not through your headphones, and allows you to enjoy incredible clarity and detail. A truly uncompromised piano experience.
Incredible Technology with a Timeless and Classic Experience
While the Roland LX-17 is brought to life with advanced, cutting-edge technology, it is most definitely traditional when it comes to style.
Classic lines combine with a space-efficient compact upright cabinet resulting in a practical and elegant design that will look great in any living space or music room.
To begin playing you don’t even need to press a power button; you can just open the lid and start playing, just as you would on a real piano and for a clearer sound you can just open the top lid. It is a fully immersive and realistic piano experience.
Roland LX-17 Digital Home Piano in Polished Ebony Specs:
- Piano Sound: SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling
- Max. Polyphony: Piano: Limitless (solo playing using ‘Piano’ category tones), Other: 384
- Tones: Total 307 Tones
- Keyboard: PHA-50 Keyboard: Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Pedals: Progressive Damper Action Pedal (Damper pedal: capable of continuous detection, Soft pedal: capable of continuous detection/function assignable, Sostenuto pedal: function assignable)
- Speaker System: Acoustic Projection
- Speakers: Cabinet Speakers: 25 cm (9-7/8 inches) x 2 (with Speaker Box)
- Near-field Speakers: (12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 8 cm (3-3/16 inches)) x 2 (with Speaker Box)
- Near-field Tweeters: 5 cm (2 inches) x 2
- Spatial Speakers: (12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 8 cm (3-3/16 inches)) x 2
- Rated Power Output: 25 W x 2, 6 W x 2, 6 W x 2
- Volume Level (SPL): 112 dB (This value was measured according to the method that is based on Roland's technical standard.)
- Headphones: Effect: Headphones 3D Ambience
- Touch Sensitivity: Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Temperament: 10 types (Equal, Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, Kirnberger I, Kirnberger II, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Werckmeister, Arabic), selectable temperament key
- Effects: Ambience, Brilliance
- Piano Designer: Lid, Key Off Noise, Hammer Noise, Duplex Scale, Full Scale String Resonance, Damper, Resonance, Key Off Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Soundboard Type, Damper Noise, Single Note Tuning, Single Note Volume, Single Note Character
- Internal Songs: Total 353 songs
- Playable Software: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1), Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, require USB Flash Memory)
- Recordable Software: Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 3 parts, Approx. 70,000 notes memory), Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, require USB Flash Memory)
- Bluetooth: Audio: Bluetooth Ver 3.0 (Supports SCMS-T content protection), MIDI, Turning music sheet: Bluetooth Ver 4.0 (Bluetooth LE)
- Convenient Functions: Metronome (adjustable Tempo/Beat/Down beat/Pattern/Volume/Tone), Registration, TwinPiano (with Individual Mode), Transpose (in semitones), Speaker volume and Headphones volume automatically select function, Volume limit function, Panel Lock, Auto Off
- Display: Graphic LCD 132 x 32 dots
- Connector: DC In jack, Input jacks: Stereo miniature phone type, Output (L/Mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type, USB Computer port: USB B type, USB Memory port: USB A type, Phones jack x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Power Consumption: 13 W
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Roland Classical Piano Masterpieces, Roland Piano Arrange Collections "Let's Enjoy Piano", AC Adaptor, Power Cord, Headphone Hook Options (sold separately) USB Flash Memory (*1), *1 Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
SIZE AND WEIGHT (INCLUDING PIANO STAND, WITH TOP LID CLOSE)
- Width 1407 mm 55-7/16 inches
- Depth 470 mm 18-9/16 inches
- Height 1070 mm 42-1/8 inches
- Weight 87.3 kg 192 lbs. 8 oz.
SIZE AND WEIGHT (INCLUDING PIANO STAND, WITH TOP LID OPEN)
- Width 1407 mm 55-7/16 inches
- Depth 482 mm 19 inches
- Height 1132 mm 44-5/8 inches
- Weight 87.3 kg 192 lbs. 8 oz.
|Number of Keys||88 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*