Novation Summit Polyphonic Synthesizer
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
As the never-ending discussion of Digital vs Analogue synthesis rages on, the flagship Novation Summit towers over all and offers all of the features and upgrades we all wanted to see from the Novation Peak synth!
For fun and intuitive sound design for Bass, Leads, Arps, Pads Effects, Soundbeds and beyond, Summit takes decades of Novation development and rolls it into a slick new package.
Hybrid Synthesis Reaches New Heights
Now fully equipped with a premium 61-key keybed, 16-voice bi-timbral synth engine and FPGA New Oxford Oscillators, the Novation Summit delivers their most powerful sonic engine to date. Its capable of Subtractive, Wavetable and FM synthesis, with dual analogue filters to boot.
It's like having two Novation Peak synths rolled into one, whilst benefitting from an ergonomic control panel, audio inputs and a built-in keyboard for expressive playability. If you're a Peak owner, you can even send your Peak Presets directly to Summit for in-depth sound manipulation.
Novation Summit represents their most innovative collaboration with legendary engineer Chris Huggett (the co-founder of Electronic Dream Plant and Oxford Synthesizer Company), fully capable of serving up killer sounds on stage or in the studio.
Novation Summit Key Features:
- Digital / Analogue Hybrid with Subtractive, Wavetable or FM Synthesis
- Three NCO New Oxford Oscillators Per Voice
- Analogue Multimode 12dB / 24dB Filter per Voice with Dual Mode
- New Voice Mode, with FM and Evelope Loop switches
- New 2-Part, Multitimbral, 16-voice Polyphonic Engine
- New 61-key Semi-weighted, Premium Keybed with Velocity Sensitivity and Aftertouch
- New Global LFO 3 & 4 Controls
- New Stereo Audio-in Routable To Onboard Effects and Aux Outputs
- New Octave, Pitchbend and Modwheels
- New Arpeggiator Tempo Rhythm and Type Controls
- New Per-Part Effects: Distortion, Chorus, Delay and Reverb
- Loaded Presets from Patricia Wolf, GForce and renowned Sound Designer roster!
Digital New Oxford Oscillator
At the heart of Novation Summit is the digital New Oxford Oscillator, three of which are employed by every one of its 16 voices. Hosted on the advanced FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) chip, these not only generate authentic analogue waveforms at incredibly high resolution (24MHz), but also facilitate FM and wavetable synthesis for rich, complex and highly textural raw tones.
The FPGA feeds into a true stereo analogue signal path. Each part features its own per-voice analogue dual filter (switchable between six paired combinations of low-pass, high-pass and band-pass modes), analogue VCAs and three stages of analogue distortion – pre- and postfilter, and post-VCA. It’s the union of flawless analogue-emulating oscillators with genuine analogue filtering and saturation that make Summit sound so fabulously warm and fat.
Multiple Modulation Sources
Summit also boasts a wealth of modulation sources and assignment options, three stunning FPGA-generated effects, audio input for routing external sources into those effects (while still using the other multitimbral part as a synth), and an auxiliary output. And the front panel expands greatly on Peak’s layout with the addition of dedicated controls for FM, all LFOs, effects and more.
Rich in Novation's DNA
Summit's dual filters architecture is based on synth legend Chris Huggett's design for the OSCar synthesizer. His Oxford Synthesiser Company (OSC) were pioneers for alternative synth engines, and Summit's NCO archetecture offers all the flexibility and power of the world's greatest digital synths.
Summit is kitted out with the same high-quality keymech as Novation's SL MKIII - highly regarded as one of their most playable keyboards to date. This turns the powerful Peak sound engine into the perfect instrument for both the live stage and studio environment.
The smaller details, like the addition of an internal PSU with 3-pin IEC power socket, multiple stereo audio outputs, MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB connectivity make Summit their most accessible synth ever.
Summit is finished off with an all-metal bodywork with wooden end cheeks, providing an authentically vintage synth vibe that's rugged enough for the road.
Software Suite Included
Novation have also offered up a generous software package for instant software-hardware integration. Ableton Live Lite is included in the box, with full access to the Novation Sound Collective provided.
Thanks to the Wavetable Editor software, you can create, edit, and sculpt wavetables to maximiee your creative options with the Novation Sumit.
In addition to this, you can also import wavetables from the most popular wavetable synths on the market, opening up whole new sonic possibilities for your creations.
Three-year Warranty On All Novation Hardware
Novation are excited to announce an extension to the standard limited warranty, which comes with all new products.
Previously, customers enjoyed a two-year warranty. Now — effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 onwards — the warranty period is 36 months from the date of the original purchase.
(The warranty period for product purchased on or prior to the 31st December 2017 remains at 24 months from the date of the original purchase.)
What's In the Box?
- 1 x Novation Summit Synthesizer
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Getting Started Guide
- 1 x Power Cable
- Ableton Live Lite (Download)
- Novation Sound Collective (Download / Access)
- Synth Engine
- 16 note polyphony (dependent on voices used per note)
- Layered, Split, Dual Bi-Timbral Modes
- 5 Voice Modes - Mono, MonoLG, Mono2, Poly, Poly2
- 3 oscillators
- 1 noise generator with HP filter control
- 1 ring modulator
- 2 LFOs
- 1 amp envelope and 2 mod envelopes (ADHSR + looping)
- 1 filter
- Sine, tri, sawtooth, square / pulse, plus 43 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- 1 state variable OTA filter per voice
- 12/24dB slope
- Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass / dual filter (separation of each 12dB filters)
- dual filter: LP > HP, LP > BP, HP > BP, LP + HP, LP + BP, HP + BP, LP + LP, BP + BP, and HP + HP
- Pre-filter overdrive
- Post-filter distortion
- 16 modulation slots per patch
- 2 sources per destination per slot
- Direct (depth)
- Modulation wheel
- Aftertouch (polyphonic and channel AT)
- Expression pedal 1
- Expression pedal 2
- Keyboard velocity
- LFO1 positive
- LFO1 bi-polar
- LFO2 positive
- LFO2 bi-polar
- Amp envelope
- Mod envelope 1
- Mod envelope 2
- Animate 1
- Animate 2
- CV mod input bi-polar
- Bend Up
- Bend Down
- Oscillator 1-3 frequency, v-sync level, shape amount and level
- Noise source level
- Ring modulator output level
- Overall synth output level
- Filter drive, distortion, cut-off frequency and resonance
- LFO 1 and 2 frequency
- Amp env / mod env 1 / mod env 2 attack, decay and release
- FM Osc 1 -> osc 2, osc 2 -> osc 3, osc 3 -> osc 1 and noise -> osc 1
- Osc 3 -> filter cutoff frequency
- Noise -> filter cutoff frequency
- FX are per part
- Analogue distortion
- 3 chorus types
- Delay with 16 types of delay sync, LP and HP damping, slew and stereo
- 3 reverb types
FX Mod Matrix Source
- Direct (depth)
- Mod wheel
- Expression pedal 1
- Expression/breath pedal 2
- LFO 1 +/-
- LFO 2 +/-
- LFO 3 +/-
- LFO 4 +/-
- Amp envelope
- Mod envelope 1 & 2
- Animate 1 & 2
- CV +/-
- Bendwheel +/-
- Bend up
- Bend down
FX Mod Matrix Destinations
- Distortion level
- Chorus level
- Chorus rate
- Chorus depth
- Chorus feedback
- Delay level
- Delay time
- Delay feedback
- Reverb level
- Reverb time
- Reverb low pass
- Reverb high pass
- FM controls on front panel
- Global LFO 3 & 4
- Arpeggiator with key latch – 33 patterns
- Patch storage - up to 512 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
- Glide control
- All knobs (excl. volume), sliders and most buttons transmit and receive MIDI cc commands for external control and mapping
- Microtuning with Scala table import and table tuning creation
- Manual mode
- Multi pot mode: Relative, Pot pick-up, Snap
Product Hardware Specifications
- 50 control knobs
- 8 45mm sliders
- 1 volume knob
- 1 data encoder knob
- Rubberised knob caps with spun metal discs
- 55 function buttons
- 2 Animate buttons plus hold button
- OLED display
- Kensington Lock
- Power switch
- IEC power supply connector
- USB socket for system (MIDI comms only, no bus power)
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for continuous or switched pedals
- 1 3.5mm jack socket for CV in
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for left and right auxiliary outputs
- 2 1/4" jack sockets for left and right inputs
- 2 1/4" jack socket for headphone output
- Metal chassis with American walnut wooden end cheeks
- Metal magnetic inset end pieces
- Ableton Live Lite included
- Summit is a USB-MIDI class compliant device
Dimensions & Weight:
- Weight: 11kg (Net)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 303.5mm x 998.5mm x 92mm
|Shipping Weight (kg)||14.000000|
|Software Included||Ableton Live Lite|
|Number of Keys||61 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!