With four independent synth engines in one, the Nord Wave 2 is arguably their most versatile and powerful compact synth to date.
A Versatile, 4-in-One Poly Synth
Building on the success of the original Nord Wave, version 2 combines Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable with an intuitive layer-focused interface. With 48 voice polyphony, innovative performance features and hands-on controls, the Nord Wave 2 offers outstanding sonic possibilities with advanced layering and tweaking on the fly.
Nord Wave 2 is great for a does-it-all studio keyboard, but equally well suited for live stage performances. It's fun to play, tweak sounds from scratch and an extremely powerful synth, hand-built in Sweden to Nord's trademark build quality.
Nord Wave 2 Key Features:
- 61 Note Keybed with Aftertouch
- Independent Layer, Oscillator and Effect Sections
- Analog, Sample, Wavetable and FM Synthesis
- Advance Polyphonic Arpeggiator and Gate
- Filters, Amp & LFO
- Morphing and Impulse Morph
- Handmade in Sweden
The Wave 2 features a Program Layer section with faders for easily controlling the volume or pan for all 4 layer at once. The Layer section also provides handy features for quick layer focus, pan control, solo and multi-editing. The new Group feature allows you to group 2, 3 or 4 layers and process them through the same Filter, Envelope, Arpeggiator, LFO and Effect settings - perfect when creating complex multi-layered sounds that can be edited as one coherent sound. Alternatively, three split points provide up to 4 zones with optional crossfades.
The Oscillator section for each of the 4 layers offers 4 modes: Analog, Wavetable, FM and Samples and is easily browsed with our new direct category mode. The Oscillator Control features additional control over shape, sync or detune. The Oscillator section also includes a powerful multi-oscillator Unison effect with true Superwaves simultaneously generating hundreds of waveforms for extremely thick and fat sounds.
- Analog: an extensive range of waveforms from classic analog to extended, harmonically rich additions.
- Samples: a wide selection of high-quality samples from Nord Sample Library 3.0 including Strings, Brass, Guitars, Choirs, Chromatic Percussion as well as the exclusively licensed sounds of the legendary Mellotron and Chamberlin. All sounds are easily replaceable using the Nord Sound Manager.
- Wavetable: a large number of advanced wavetables covering a wide range of tonal characteristics.
- FM: including 2, 3 and 4 operator configurations with harmonic and inharmonic variations.
Create And Transfer Your Own Samples
Adding your own custom sample instruments has never been easier thanks to the new streamlined Nord Sample Editor 3 for Mac and Windows that lets you map, loop and transfer samples to your Nord Wave 2 in a breeze.
Filters, Amp & LFO
The Filter section has 6 Filter types including a stunning emulation of the transistor ladder filter found in the legendary Mini. The Filter section is equipped with a full ADSR envelope. The Wave 2 features a dedicated LFO with a choice of waveforms for each layer, Vibrato plus AD/AR Modulation Envelope with velocity setting and Invert mode. The LFO has several morphable parameters and the rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock. The Amp section is equipped with a full ADSR envelope including a powerful new Transient Attack mode for adding more punch to your sounds.
Morphing and Impulse Morph
The Wave 2 features an extensive range of morphable parameters including LFO Amount, Oscillator Control, Filter and Effects that can be controlled from four different sources: Velocity, Aftertouch, Wheel and Control Pedal. All morph sources can be quickly assigned to control multiple parameters simultaneously and the powerful Impulse Morph feature lets you instantly change any parameter of your sound.
Advanced Polyphonic Arpeggiator And Gate
The Nord Wave 2 is a rhythmical powerhouse with both a classic arpeggiator and a Polyphonic mode with directly editable patterns that will retrig all held keys either straight or patterned featuring different inversions for exciting harmonic variations. The brand new Gate mode chops your sound up in a rhythmic pattern with adjustable depth. The Pattern mode contains a wide selection of Rhythmic Patterns and allows easy editing for creating your own custom patterns.
A separate Effect section for each layer provides instantly tweakable high-quality stereo effects including Tremolo, Pan, Ring Modulator, Chorus, Ensemble and Vibe as well as an EQ with Drive. All effects are controllable via Control Pedal (or other Morph sources) and can also be synchronized to the Master Clock for rhythmic effects. Advanced stereo Delay effect with Ping Pong mode, Analog Mode and Tap Tempo. Creative new Feedback options for adding Ensemble, Chorus, Vibe as well as HP/LP and BP filter in the Feedback loop. Separate Reverb section per layer with five different Reverb sizes (Booth, Room, Stage, Hall and new Cathedral), Bright and Dark modes and a new Chorale effect for lush modulation.
Nord Wave 2 Specifications:
- 2 Line Level Audio Outputs - 1/4", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone Output - 1/4", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - 1/4", 6,35 mm jack. (Use a momentary pedal, like e.g., Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.)
- Control Pedal - 1/4", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. (Use a Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 or Korg XVP10.)
- USB connector with MIDI capabilities
- MIDI In & Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- User Manual
- Power Cord with IEC C14 connector
- Nord Wave 2: 990 x 100 x 295 mm (38,9" x 3,9" x 11.6")
- Nord Wave 2: 8,75 kg (19.29lbs)
|Effects||tremolo, pan, ring modulator, chorus, ensemble and vibe, eq with drive|
|Number of Keys||61 keys|
|Synthesis Type||analogue, sample-based, wavetable and fm|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.