Nord Lead A1 Synthesizer
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The Nord Lead A1 takes the formidable range of features and peerless sound quality of the Nord Lead 4 and applies an all-new front panel interface. Designed to let you easily dial in soaring lead synths, lush pads and rugged digital waveforms in seconds.
Analog Modeling at an Affordable Price
The Lead A1 combines the latest analogue modelling engine from the popular Lead 4, with an innovative, streamlined interface for faster programming, sound design and patch re-call. A brand new analogue modelling engine allows for full 96kHz, 32-bit processing with a dynamic effects section with new ensemble and chorus FX to capture the warmth of vintage, classic synths from years gone by. Nord's acclaimed Morph function via Velocity or the Mod Wheel is also included, allowing multiple parameters to be morphed in real time and with exceptionally easy control.
Nord Lead A1 Synth Key Features:
- 26 voices, 4 part multitimbral.
- 3 part effects section (FX, delay and reverb) for each part
- 49-key velocity sensitive keyboard (keyboard version only) with octave shift buttons, +/-2 octaves.
- Keyboard Split with 2 slots for the upper and lower sections.
- Modulation Wheel (keyboard version only).
- Pitch Stick with no dead zone at zero crossing (keyboard version only).
- Programmable Pitch bend range, up to +/- 4 octaves
- Separate up/down bend range: -12 or -24 semitones, + 2 semitones
- 1 pedal input for sustain.
- 1 pedal input for expression pedal.
- Arpeggiator Section - The Lead A1 features four separate Arpeggiators with Up/Down and Random modes and a 4-octave range. Any or all can be sync'd to the Lead A1's master clock.
- Master Clock - The Master Clock function of the Lead A1 allows the LFO, Arpeggiator and Delay to be synchronized, either internally or slaved to external MIDI clock. A Tap Tempo button allows you to easily tap to the tempo of a drummer or to playback tracks.
- Splits And Layers - Having four identical, equally powerful synthesizers at once opens breathtaking layering possibilities. The Split-mode gives you two 2 slots on each side of the split. A flexible Hold functionality lets you latch and hold slots independently in the background while playing something else on top.
- Multi Focus Mode - New in the Lead A1 is the Multi-Focus Mode that allows editing and control of all four slots simultaneously. Save this mode as part of a Performance and you have live realtime control over all four slots of the Lead A1.
- Four Outputs - The Lead A1 features four independent audio outputs with the ability to route each slot to a different output. Plus control of Pan via the front panel knob is a welcome new addition in the Lead A1.
- Sound Manager - The Lead A1 is compatible with the Nord Sound Manager software for OS X and Windows. Sound Manager is a dedicated librarian app which allows easy reorganizing, back-up and transfer of programs. The Nord Sound Manager is available for download here.
- MIDI Control - Features the convenience of MIDI over USB for use with a sequencer or with the included Sound Manager software. All of the Lead A1's knobs transmit MIDI Control data.
- Rugged Hardware - Like all Nord instruments, the Lead A1 is handmade in Nord's Stockholm factory with incredible attention to detail and quality control.
Analogue Modelling Sound Engine
At it's core, The Nord Lead A1 features a vintage-style, analogue modelled sound engine. But being virtual-analogue, the Lead A1 can go so much further in terms of polyphony, modulation, accessibility and sheer range of sounds than a traditional analog synth.
In much the same way that the Nord Stage made a massive range of instruments available to session players, the Nord Lead A1 offers flexibility a live musician or studio producer needs for quick and easy sound creation on the fly.
Made for the Stage and Studio
The A1 is equipped with a beautiful Fatar 49-key keybed with a super-fast response. Additional functions include an dedicated arpeggiator for each of the four oscillator slots, Master Clock LFO sync, full modulation and amp envelopes, and four independent 6.3mm jack outputs. The Lead A1 also includes the Nord Sound Manager software patch library for managing and sorting your custom patches.
Trademark Nord Finish
With an all-metal chassis, tactile knobs, and unfaltering emphasis on quality, the Lead A1 is an instrument designed to last a lifetime.
From modular beasts to analogue modeled monophonic, Nord have an impressive reputation for quality synths. Hand made in Sweden, it's lightweight but tough and appointed with a luxurious features. Everything about this beast is characteristically NORD - from the stone mod wheel to their signature red finish.
Nord Lead A1 Specifications:
- Unique Oscillator concept
- 8 Oscillator Configurations
- Pitch, Detune, Shape, Sync, AM, Noise, Sub Mix, FM
- Traditional Analog and Digital Waveforms
- LFO with 5 waveforms
- Mod Envelope
- LFO as additional ModEnv
- 12, 24 dB low-pass filters
- High-pass and Band-pass filters
- Transistor and diode ladder filter simulations
- of Mini and TB-303
- Ensemble, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulator, Drive
- 4-part multi-timbral
- Master Clock Sync of Arpeggiator, LFO and Delay
- Velocity and Mod Wheel Morph
- USB MIDI
- Like Button
- Extra Fat Unison mode
- User Manual
- Power Cord with IEC C14 connector
DIMENSIONS - 802 x 92 x 260 mm (31.5 x 3.6 x 10.2")
WEIGHT- 4.85 kg (10.7 lbs)
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Nord Sound Manager software
|3-pin IEC Cable included
|Number of Keys
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.