Music Man StingRay5 Special HH 5-String Bass, Black
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock
With the Music Man StingRay5 Special HH, seen here with a sleek Black finish, you get the kind of 5-string bass guitar that would make a sound investment for any professional bassist looking to get the very best out of their playing.
A Modern Upgrade Of The Industry-Standard 5-String
This awesome bass is a modern take on one of the most beloved 5-strings ever made.
Featuring upgrades to the body shape, materials used, and even electronics, the StingRay 5 Special takes the industry-standard to all-new heights.
Music Man Stingray5 Special HH 5-String Bass, Black Highlights
- The industry-standard 5-string bass, with modern upgrades
- Select Roasted Maple neck and Ebony fingerboard
- Select hardwood body, with a gorgeous "Black" finish
- New lightweight, well-contoured body design
- Two Powerful Neodymium Humbucker pickups
- 18v 3-band Active EQ and 3-way voicing selector switch
- White pearloid pickguard
- includes hardshell case
- Home Delivery options available
The StingRay5 is so well regarded that it's been the industry-standard 5-string bass for more than three decades - and with good reason too.
Recent upgrades to this bass include a lighter, more contoured body than ever before, an 18v active preamp (as opposed to the traditional 9v), and even a select Roasted Maple Neck for increased playability.
In place of the more traditional Alnico, the humbuckers on this BFR StingRay HH come equipped with Neodymium magnets, mounted directly to the body.
This particular metal has a much stronger magnetic pull than Alnico, resulting in a more articulate sound when you play.
In addition to this the 5-way pickup selector allows you to choose from five different humbucker and single coil pickup voicing combinations, giving you plenty of tonal options to play around with.
Complimenting these newly designed pickups is a powerful 18v preamp, in place of the usual 9v electronics, delivering extra headroom and a much more powerful sound than ever before.
Music Man Stingray5 Special HH 5-String Bass, Black Specs
- Model: StingRay 5 Special HH
- Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Hardwoods
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select Roasted Maple neck
- Fingerboard: Roasted Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural with matching headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Roasted Maple Neck
|2 x humbucker
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
|Roasted Maple Fingerboard
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.