Music Man StingRay Special Vintage Tobacco MN Bass
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
If you're looking to inject a little class into your playing, you can't go wrong with a StingRay. Take the new Music Man StingRay Special Vintage Tobacco MN Bass for example - with its sleek, lightweight design, this bass manages to offer a modern playing feel, combined with vintage StingRay looks.
Music Man StingRay Special Vintage Tobacco MN Bass Highlights
- Professional-grade 4-string bass
- New sleeker, lightweight design
- Vintage Tobacco sunburst finish over an Ash body
- Smooth roasted maple neck, with maple fingerboard
- Powerful new Neodymium humbucker
- Active 18v preamp with 3-band EQ
- White pickguard
- Includes hardshell case
- Finance options available
An Iconic Bass - Re-designed for the Modern Player
In 1976 Music Man introduced the iconic StingRay bass to the world, and it's been the go-to for many prominent players in the decades since.
As the first production 4-string bass to come equipped with an active onboard EQ, the StingRay opened up a whole host of sonic possibilities for players, making it instantly appealing for anyone who heard one.
With the StingRay Special, Music Man have taken things up a notch or two in terms of playing experience. The first thing you'll notice when you pick one up is that it's now incredibly lightweight - in fact, they weigh only 3.6kg!
This is thanks to a combination of factors. First, the body is now slimmer than ever, with more ergonomic contours. Secondly, to compensate for the lighter body, all of the hardware is now made from lightweight aluminium rather than steel. And finally, the neck is now made from roasted maple, and slightly slimmer than before.
All of these come together perfectly, resulting in a supremely comfortable bass, thats much lighter than previous models.
And we haven't even begun to talk about the newly-designed pickups and preamp yet...
Top Notch Electronics
In place of the more traditional Alnico, the humbucker on the StingRay Special comes equipped with Neodymium magnets. This particular metal has a much stronger magnetic pull than Alnico, resulting in a more articulate sound when you play.
Complimenting this newly designed pickup is a powerful 18v preamp. Previous StingRay models would be equipped with a 9v preamp, which was pretty darn good on its own, however the 18v preamp on this bass offers a much more powerful sound than ever before.
Try Before You Buy
Head on down to your Local PMT Store today to play test a Music Man StingRay Special - you won't regret it.
And don't forget: if you decide to order yours online, you get to choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery and Store Pickup options!
Music Man StingRay Special Vintage Tobacco MN Bass Specs
- Model: StingRay Special
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colour: Vintage Tobacco Sunburst
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select Roasted Maple Neck
- Fingerboard: Select Roasted Maple Fretboard
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome aluminum control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
|Shipping Weight (kg)||7.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Select Roasted Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||ash body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!