When it comes to Music Man instruments, you know that you've invested your money wisely.
Take the Music Man StingRay Special Tectonic Blue Sparkle Electric Bass for instance: it's lightweight, comfortable to play, and produces some of the best bass tones you'll ever hear.
More Powerful, Toneful, And Sleek than Ever
Ever since their first introduction in the 1970s, the Music Man StingRay has been the bass of choice for many of the world's top players.
Now, with the StingRay Special, Music Man have taken things a few steps further, and improved the tone, playability, and overall appeal of what was already a fantastic instrument.
Music Man StingRay Special Tectonic Blue Sparkle Electric Bass Highlights
- Professional-grade electric bass
- Striking Tectonic Blue Sparkle finish over a streamlined Ash body
- Neodymium humbucker pickup
- 18v Active preamp, with 3-band EQ
- Sleek roasted maple neck with Rosewood fretboard and compensated nut
- Includes hardshell case
- Home Delivery options available
Top Notch Construction
With the Music Man StingRay Special you get a slimmer, more lightweight, and more comfortably-shaped Ash body than ever. Fixed to the body with a 5-bolt design, there's a sleek Roasted Maple neck, now with 22 frets instead of the more traditional 21.
In addition to this, the hardware is now of a lightweight aluminium design, bringing the total weight of this bass to just 3.6kg!
As if that alone wasn't enough, they've even completely re-designed the famous Music Man humbucker for the better too.
Powerful New Humbucker
In place of the more traditional Alnico, the humbucker on the StingRay Special comes equipped with Neodymium magnets.
This particular metal has a much stronger magnetic pull than Alnico, resulting in a more articulate sound when you play.
Complimenting this newly designed pickup is a powerful 18v preamp, as opposed to the more traditional 9v offering. Doubling up the power gives you plenty more headroom to play around in, allowing you to shape your perfect tone with ease.
Music Man Stingray Special Bass, Tectonic Blue Sparkle Specs
- Model: StingRay Special
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (42.86 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colours: Standard – Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome or black plated aluminum control cover (dependent on body color)
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Roasted Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||ash body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.