Unleash your creative potential with the Cobalt 8 - a unique and incredibly intuitive virtual-analogue synthesizer.
Best Of Both Worlds
The Modal Cobalt 8 Virtual-Analogue Synthesizer utilizes the potential of virtual-analogue waveforms to create a unique and expressive experience, able to generate sounds like no other synthesizer can. With a new extended virtual-analogue engine, the Cobalt 8 combines traditional analogue waveforms with modern synthesis techniques to deliver an incredible hybrid that benefits immensely from both worlds.
Modal Cobalt 8 Virtual-Analogue Synthesizer Features:
- Unique Approach To Synthesis
- New Extended Virtual-Analogue Engine
- 37 Premium-Key Layout
- True 8-Voice Polyphony
- 34 Different On-Board Oscillator Algorithms
- 4-Pole Ladder Filter
- Powerful MODALapp Compatibility
- Robust Aluminium Enclosure
Adopting a similar approach to the classic modular synthesizer ways of working, Modal have taken harmonically rich and traditional analogue waveforms such as triangle, saw, square and PWM and allowed them to be combined with ease - providing an incredible tonal palette at your fingertips.
Create new and unique 8-voice polyphonic sounds with a selection of 34 different onboard oscillator algorithms, each with their own individual waveform controls, providing instant access to an incredible range of diverse and distinct sounds.
Including a self-oscillating 4-pole morphable ladder filter, developed exclusively for Cobalt 8, your sound-shaping capabilities are seemingly endless!
Alongside the innovative extended virtual-analogue engine, Modal have included an incredible range of synthesis standards, with almost everything you ever need, made readily available for use in some capacity.
Featuring LFO's, a 12-slot modulation matrix, sequencers, a programmable arpeggiator, FX, envelopes, joystick performance control, MPE support and an incredible range of I/O options, you've really got an incredibly versatile instrument - housed conveniently inside a robust aluminium enclosure, ideal for hitting the road.
Available to download on macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS, Android and AU/VST3, MODALapp unlocks incredible synthesizer functionality through your smart device. Extend your control to the digital screen - with the ability to control every single parameter from your smart device for a more diverse approach that may benefit several live situations or multiple-instrument setups.
Modal Cobalt 8 Virtual-Analogue Synthesizer Specifications:
- True 8 voice polyphonic
- Supports MPE-compatible MIDI controllers, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and expression to individual notes
- 64 high-resolution virtual-analogue oscillators, up to 8 per voice
- Two independent and self-contained oscillator groups with sine, pulse, triangle, sawtooth waveforms, 34 different algorithms including: complex analogue synthesis techniques, built-in crossmodulation (SYNC, RM, and many more), PWM, smooth morphing between VA waves, bit crushing, filtered noise.
- Extended Oscillator Drift
- 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter with Resonance and four switchable configurations
- Resonance and Balanced Filter Modes
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions for MOD and FILTER ENVs
- Three audio-rate LFO’s with tempo sync (two poly, one global) with seven different shapes
- Eight assignable modulation slots and four additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 12 modulation sources and 55 modulation destinations
Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Polyphonic Real-time sequencer with 512 notes and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- Polyphonic Step Sequencer with 64 steps, 8 notes per step, 4 lanes of Parameter-Lock style animation, Step Input mode, multiple playback modes including gate modes and rest function
- Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 100 FX presets
- 8 Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
Controls and Performance
- Premium FATAR 37-key Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 29 endless encoders, 24 buttons
- 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Chord Invert control to easily create chord inversions and variations
Inputs and Outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4? TS dual-mono line outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4? TRS headphone output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8? TRS stereo audio input
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5 mm / 1/8? TS Analogue clock sync In and Out
- Class compliant MIDI over USB connection
- 6.35 mm / 1/4? TRS expression pedal input
- 6.35 mm / 1/4? TS sustain pedal input
Enclosure and Display
- Road-ready steel and aluminium enclosure with economical stained bamboo end cheeks
- 1.54-inch large OLED display for instant visual feedback at all times of playing/editing
- Power: DC-9.0V – 1.5A centre-positive
- Free MODALapp software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
- MODALapp can also be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with VST3 and AU versions available
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 555 x 300 x 100 mm / 21.9? x 11.8? x 4?
- Weight: 5.60 kg / 12.4 lbs
|Shipping Weight (kg)||8.000000|
|Number of Keys||37|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.