The Korg SoundLink MW 1608 hybrid mixer is a combination analogue and digital mixer that sounds great and is easy to use.
Great Sound, Easy To Use
To create a great sounding hybrid digital/analogue mixer that's easy to use, Korg have collaborated with legendary mixer designers Greg Mackie and Pete Watts.
The fruit of their labour is the fantastic mixer that offers instant analogue control ready for any live mixing emergency, excellent sound quality and musician friendly features with the power of high-quality digital where you need it.
Korg SoundLink MW 1608 Hybrid Mixer Key Features:
- 16-Channel Mixer
- True Hybrid Analogue and Digital Mixer Design
- Developed with Mixer Design Legends Greg Mackie and Petter Watts
- Designed for Ease of Use - Even for Novices!s
- Peter Watts-Designed HiVolt Mic Preamps with Incredible Headroom
- Unique Musician's Phones Monitor Section for Fast Boost of Musician's Mix
- True 8-Bus Configuration Makes SoundLink Mixer Perfect for Recording and Live Mixing
- Peter Watts' Refined, Studio-Grade, One-Knob Compressor On All Mic Channels
- Best-In-Class Feedback Control System
- All-XLR Speaker Outputs
- 31-Band Spectrum Analyser
- Renowned 32-Bit Digital Effects by Korg
- Use 10 Effects At Once with Recallable Parameters
- Velvet Sound A/D & D/A Converters
- Smooth, Long-Life ALPS Faders and Rotary Controls
- Powerful Music Software Included
Peter Watts-Designed HiVolt Mic Preamps
With its new HiVolt microphone preamps, the Korg SoundLink MW 1608 mixer delivers the "low noise, high headroom" that many other mixers promise but don't deliver.
Based on the Trident mixing console, co-created by Peter Watts and heard on "The White Album," "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," and Rhianna's "Rated R" and many other acclaimed albums, the HiVolt mic preamps bring you that same rich, warm sound.
Furthermore, the HiVolt microphone preamps give you more headroom than any other analogue or digital mixer in this price range.
Designed By Musicians
Several practical features on the Korg SoundLink MW 1608 give away the fact it was designed by gigging musicians.
One great example is the MW 1608 Mixer's "Mute Groups." The only smaller mixer to feature Mute Groups, the SoundLink MW 1608 allows you to instantly call up different combinations of channels for different groups on stage, different songs, sound checks, solo acoustic performances and more.
You have four Group options available to you and each one can be easily programmed and recalled whenever you need.
Often, musicians will want to hear more of themselves through their monitor and that can be quite complicated to provide on some mixers.
Thanks to the SoundLink's Musician's Phone feature, you have one-knob boost of the complete left/right mix into the performer's individual track.
So, instead of having to change the settings of the main mix or use up a bus, you have dedicated knobs for two musicians' "more me" monitor mixes - a feature that is exclusive to SoundLink mixers.
Incredible Effects and Studio-Grade DSP
While many other mixers use generic digital effects, the Korg SoundLink MW 1608 features a high-quality, proprietary Korg custom chip.
With this chip installed, the SoundLink MW1608 gives you a wide range of ultra-realistic, 32-bit digital effects.
Furthermore, you can adjust the parameters for all effects, save and recall them. They can even be activated by an optional footswitch.
You also get test tone generators which you can use with the built-in 24-band Spectrum Analyser, another feature that's exclusive to SoundLink mixers in this price range.
Rack-mount, studio-grade DSP is easily accessible too - no scrolling through long menus within menus.
All the processing and effects you need are right there without any long-winded navigation and each one can be tweaked an recalled.
Powerful Music Software Included
When you buy the Korg SoundLink MW 1608 mixer, you also get a free download of iZotope RX 7 Elements.
This software features essential tools for removing noise, clipping and clicks from your recordings making it a fantastic bit of software for your studio.
Buy the Korg SoundLink MW 1608 hybrid mixer from PMT Online for a small-sized mixer which is great for both live and studio applications.
Korg SoundLink MW 1608 Hybrid Mixer Specs:
- Input Type: Balanced female XLR and 1/4" TRS
- HiVolt Microphone Preamp: -128dBu E.I.N, -10 to -60 dBU nominal input level; 3KOhms input impedance
- Frequency Response to Main Output (at unity gain): +0.5 to -1.5 dBu 20Hz to 20kHz
- THD to Main Output (20-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd): 0.004%
- S / N Ratio to Main Output (Ref = +4 dB, 20 kHz BW, unity gain, A-wtd): -70 dBu
- System Crosstalk (Ref = +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz, unwtd): Input to Output, -70 dBu; Adjacent Channels, -90 dBu
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1 dB): +10dB to +60dB (Mic), -10 to +40dB (Line)
- Main Outputs: Balanced male XLR and 1/4" TRS
- Maximum Output Level: +26 dBu
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohms
- Headphone Output: 100 mW / ch. @ 32Ohms load, 20 Hz-20 kHz (+0.5dB, -1.5dB)
- Savable Settings: Channel Mutes, Effects & effects Mutes, Mute Groups, Break settings, Dynamics, Graphic EQ, Feedback assign to bus
- Recallable Presets: four Mute Groups, 10 Global Scene Memories, 24 FX Memories, 10 Dynamics, 6 GEQ, 16 or 24 Channel Mutes, 3 Feedback bus assignments
- Mono Channels: HI (12k, shelving), MID (peak, sweepable from 250hz to 5k) and LO (100 Hz, shelving), +/-15dB boost/cut;
- Stereo Channels: HI (12k shelving), HI MID (2.5k shelving), LO MID (250 hz shelving) and LO (100Hz shelving)
- High Pass Filter: 12dB/octave at 80Hz
- Digital Multi-band EQ: 31-bands with nine frequencies selectable at any one time, Wide 1-octave interval and Narrow 1/2-octave modes
- Digital Compressor: Hard – 1ms to 40 ms Attack, +11dB to 0dB Threshold; Soft ¬– 1 ms to 40 ms Attack, +11 to -5dB Threshold
- Digital Limiter: 1ms to 40 ms Attack, +19 to +3dB Threshold
- Digital Noise Gate: Hard – 40ms to 1500ms Release, -35 to +7dB Threshold; Soft – 40ms to 1500ms Release, -50 to +4dB Threshold
- Digital Multiband EQ, Compressor, Limiter, and Noise Gate are assignable individually to Main L/R, Aux 1 and Aux 2
- Spectrum Analyzer: 24-channel with Peak Hold function
- Main L/R Bus ADC Dynamic Range: 115dB (A-wtd)
- Aux and FX Buses ADC Dynamic Range: 111dB (A-wtd)
- DAC Dynamic Range for all Out buses: 115dB (A-wtd)
- USB Stereo Input / Recording Port: USB Class 1
- Internal Processing: 32-bit for internal processing;
- A/D/A Bit Depth: Korg Tru-Bit-Perfect 32-bit
- USB Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Sampling rates: 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Digital Effects: Rev Hall, Rev Hall Warm, Room, Warm Room, Rev Vocal, Rev Vocal Warm, Stage, Stage Warm, Plate Reverb, Plate Reverb Warm, Spring Reverb Warm, Analog Delay, Tape Echo, Variable Delay, Delay of the Korg SDD3000, Chorus, Flanger, Exciter, Sub Bass booster, 1 kHZ Test Tone, Slow Sweep, Fast Sweep, White or Pink Noise
- Power Connector: IEC
- Input-Voltage Range: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Requirements (continuous): 45 W
- Recommended Ambient Operating Temperature: 0-degrees to 40-degrees to Celsius /32-degrees to 104-degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 15.6" x 7.36" x 20.89" / 396 mm x 187 mm x 530 mm (10.6" / 256 mm wide without side panels;)
- Weight: 17.6 lbs / 8.0kg
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.