Boss SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Effects Pedal
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal is an all-new compact pedal from BOSS, which delivers an array of vintage and modern Synth voices for your guitar or bass.
Journey to New Sonic Frontiers
With a massive 121 ultra-responsive sounds at your disposal, the BOSS SY-1 is an amazingly expressive tool that will slide easily into any pedalboard setup.
BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Highlights
- Authentic BOSS polyphonic guitar synth in a compact pedal
- No special pickup requiredâ€”play rich, dynamic synth tones with any guitar or bass
- 121 total sounds (11 types and 11 variations), all ready to play with no programming knowledge needed
- Includes a wide variety of analog-style synth sounds, from leads, basses, and layered organs to sweeping pads and arpeggiated sequences
- Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
- Quickly adjust sounds to taste with Tone/Rate and Depth controls
- Hold function for playing normal guitar over sustained synth voices
- Blend synth and normal guitar sounds with independent level controls
- Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
- Mode switch optimizes the synth engine for guitar or bass
- Supports extended control with an external footswitch or expression pedal
Expressive Synth Sounds, No Programming Needed
Packed full of the kind of tech originally developed for the SY-300, the BOSS SY-1 can transform your guitar or bass into a versatile Synth with ease.
Each of the synth voices in this pedal are polyphonic, and analog-style, allowing you free reign to play either single notes or full chords.
What's more, in true BOSS Compact Pedal style, the SY-1 occuppies the minimal amount of space on your pedalboard.
Plug-and-Play and Latency-Free
Featuring a custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, the SY-1 allows you to simply plug your guitar or bass into the Input socket and enjoy a latency-free performance every time.
Enhance Performances with Real-Time Control
A fun and effective new feature on the SY-1 is the ability to sustain the last-played synth sound, whilst you jam with your regular guitar sound over the top. Simply press and hold the pedal switch as you play the "drone" note, and then play regularly over the top of it.
In addition to this you also have the option of connecting an external footswitch, for tap-tempo and octave-shift effects, or even an expression pedal for continuous Tone/Rate control.
A Universe of Synth Sounds Inside
Like the SYB-5 before it, the BOSS SY-1 features a whole host of voices for you to fine tune. With 11 different categories, and 121 total sounds to choose from, this pedal puts an enormous array of synth options at your fingertips.
These voices are as follows:
- LEAD 1/2: A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing
- PAD: Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more
- BASS: Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones
- STR: Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures
- ORGAN: A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation
- BELL: Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
- SFX 1/2: A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more
- SEQ 1/2: Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes
Each of these voices can be adjusted on the fly via the Tone/Rate and Depth knobs, letting you fine tune your sound to taste, or even change the pitch on some sounds.
BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Specs
- Pedal switch
- GUITAR/BASS switch
- TYPE knob
- VARIATION knob
- TONE knob
- DEPTH knob
- EFFECT knob
- DIRECT knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP/CTL jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone typeDC IN jack
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT, RETURN: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT, RETURN: 2.2 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT, SEND: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT, SEND: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), or AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 85 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approx. 3 hours
- Dimensions: 73 (W) x 129 (D) x 59 (H) mm
- Weight (including battery): 450 g
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.