The BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal is an all-new compact pedal from BOSS, which delivers an array of vintage and modern Synth voices for your guitar or bass.
Journey to New Sonic Frontiers
With a massive 121 ultra-responsive sounds at your disposal, the BOSS SY-1 is an amazingly expressive tool that will slide easily into any pedalboard setup.
BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Highlights
- Authentic BOSS polyphonic guitar synth in a compact pedal
- No special pickup required—play rich, dynamic synth tones with any guitar or bass
- 121 total sounds (11 types and 11 variations), all ready to play with no programming knowledge needed
- Includes a wide variety of analog-style synth sounds, from leads, basses, and layered organs to sweeping pads and arpeggiated sequences
- Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
- Quickly adjust sounds to taste with Tone/Rate and Depth controls
- Hold function for playing normal guitar over sustained synth voices
- Blend synth and normal guitar sounds with independent level controls
- Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
- Mode switch optimizes the synth engine for guitar or bass
- Supports extended control with an external footswitch or expression pedal
Expressive Synth Sounds, No Programming Needed
Packed full of the kind of tech originally developed for the SY-300, the BOSS SY-1 can transform your guitar or bass into a versatile Synth with ease.
Each of the synth voices in this pedal are polyphonic, and analog-style, allowing you free reign to play either single notes or full chords.
What's more, in true BOSS Compact Pedal style, the SY-1 occuppies the minimal amount of space on your pedalboard.
Plug-and-Play and Latency-Free
Featuring a custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, the SY-1 allows you to simply plug your guitar or bass into the Input socket and enjoy a latency-free performance every time.
Enhance Performances with Real-Time Control
A fun and effective new feature on the SY-1 is the ability to sustain the last-played synth sound, whilst you jam with your regular guitar sound over the top. Simply press and hold the pedal switch as you play the "drone" note, and then play regularly over the top of it.
In addition to this you also have the option of connecting an external footswitch, for tap-tempo and octave-shift effects, or even an expression pedal for continuous Tone/Rate control.
A Universe of Synth Sounds Inside
Like the SYB-5 before it, the BOSS SY-1 features a whole host of voices for you to fine tune. With 11 different categories, and 121 total sounds to choose from, this pedal puts an enormous array of synth options at your fingertips.
These voices are as follows:
- LEAD 1/2: A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing
- PAD: Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more
- BASS: Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones
- STR: Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures
- ORGAN: A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation
- BELL: Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
- SFX 1/2: A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more
- SEQ 1/2: Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes
Each of these voices can be adjusted on the fly via the Tone/Rate and Depth knobs, letting you fine tune your sound to taste, or even change the pitch on some sounds.
Available to Order Now
Place your order for a BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Online or In-Store today, and make use of our fantastic Home Delivery and Store Pickup options.
Contact our Online Sales Team directly if you'd like to query the availability of this pedal.
BOSS SY-1 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Specs
- Pedal switch
- GUITAR/BASS switch
- TYPE knob
- VARIATION knob
- TONE knob
- DEPTH knob
- EFFECT knob
- DIRECT knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP/CTL jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone typeDC IN jack
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT, RETURN: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT, RETURN: 2.2 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT, SEND: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT, SEND: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), or AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 85 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Approx. 3 hours
- Dimensions: 73 (W) x 129 (D) x 59 (H) mm
- Weight (including battery): 450 g
|Power Supply||9v dc alkaline battery or power adapter (not supplied)|
September 4, 2019Read Article
February 3, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.