RV-500 Reverb; an incredible new Reverb pedal from Boss and the most advanced reverb processor that they have ever produced.
RV-500 – A New Dimension of Reverb
Twelve Modes and 21 Unique Reverb Types
The BOSS RV-500 has 21 top-quality reverb algorithms allowing you to fine tune and shape any kind of space that you can think up.
Each one has a massive range of parameters that you can adjust such as decay, density, modulation, EQ, ducking and more.
Every one of the algorithms has been newly developed specifically for the RV-500 pedal, making the most of the decades of expertise BOSS has in advanced reverb design.
All sorts of reverb styles are available to you, from classic standards such as room, hall and plate all the way to advanced reverbs including shimmer, non-linear, SFX and many more.
You will also find all-new recreations of favourites RE-201 Space Echo and SRV-2000 Digital Reverb, revered classics Roland produced in the 70s and 80s.
RV-500 Modes and Algorithms
- Room—Four types: small, medium, large, and ambience.
- Hall—Three different hall sizes.
- Plate—Classic studio-style reverberation.
- Spring—Choose from one to three springs.
- Shimmer—Two voices of pitch-shifted reverb.
- Fast Decay—Unique reverb with quick decay for increased clarity.
- Early Reflection—Four types with envelope parameters to shape unique sounds.
- Non-Linear—Includes gate, reverse, and granular types.
- SFX—Three characterful reverb types for special effects: Lo-Fi, Slowverb, and Storm.
- Dual—Two independent reverbs that can accept a full-range or frequency-divided input.
- SRV—Recreates the Roland SRV-2000, a classic rack reverb from the 1980s.
- Space Echo—Recreates the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, one of the most coveted tape echo units ever made.
Professional Level Studio Quality Sound
Featuring 32-bit/96 kHz AD/DA, the BOSS RV-500 exceeds industry standards for pedal-based effects.
All internal processing is 32-bit floating point, running at a 96 kHz sampling rate, giving you pristine sonic quality that soars above and beyond even the highest-level digital processors that are used in top professional studios.
What’s more; with selectable true-bypass or buffered-bypass operation, you can choose the best setting for your personal setup. You can even run your analogue dry tone straight through so it’s completely untouched by digital processing.
Simultaneous Reverbs and Independent Digital Delay
Fully utilising a powerhouse DSP engine, the BOSS RV-500 is much more than a simple one trick pony.
Using the RV-500 Reverb pedal’s Dual mode you get two independent reverbs at once and can feed them both with a full-range input or divided frequency ranges on each input so you can build up rich, multi-ranged sounds.
Using the A/B Simul mode you can select any two RV-500 reverb patches at the same time with your choice of series or parallel connection order and either mix or split A/B output.
Furthermore, each patch includes a digital delay with its own exhaustive set of parameters such as modulation and EQ, and you’re also able to set the reverb and delay effects for series or parallel operation on a per patch basis.
Intuitive Interface with Real-Time Control
Equipped with a large LCD screen, the RV-500 gives you patch name, delay time and other vital performance information at a glance. It also helps you when adjusting the comprehensive editing parameters and control features.
Grab-and-go panel knobs offer top-level access to essential parameters such as pre-delay, high and low EQ and effect level.
Also, using the USB you can connect to the free RV-500 Editor/Librarian for remote editing, patch backup and more.
Freely assignable switches and extensive support for real-time control means RV-500 gives you unprecedented control and potential for expression. By default, the A, B and TAP/CTL switches
At default settings, the A, B and TAP/CTL switches act as controls for the patch/bank selection and bypass, plus tap tempo or real-time adjustment for a number of effect parameters.
You can customise the switches to access three different reverb patches, A/B Simul mode and other functions while the inclusion of MIDI I/O opens up limitless creative possibilities and amazing control options for more advanced setups.
Powerful, Customisable, Incredible Reverb Processor
Quite simply, there has never been a Reverb pedal like the BOSS RV-500, with its unmatched combination of control level, intuitive options and sound quality.
It is the most advanced reverb pedal available.
BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Key Features:
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes with 21 reverb types, all with deep editing parameters
- Includes a wide range of reverb types from standard to advanced, plus Roland classics such as the SRV-2000 Reverb and RE-201 Space Echo
- A/B Simul mode allows you to use two reverb patches at once
- Selectable carryover function allows reverb tails to continue with patch change or effect bypass
- Powerful DSP provides independent digital delay with modulation along with each reverb patch
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the RV-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW (to be available in early July 2017)
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Modes:
- FAST DECAY
- EARLY REFLECTION
- SPACE ECHO
BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Specs:
- Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit Floating Point
- Modes: 12
- Memory: 198 (99 banks x 2 [A][B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A][B][C])
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A/MONO, B +8 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered Bypass or True Bypass (With Relays)
- Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 64 Dots, Backlit LCD)
- Power Supply: Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC Adaptor (Sold Seperately)
- Current Draw: 225 Ma
- Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use: Alkaline: Approximately 4.5 Hours
- BOSS RV-500 Reverb Connectors:
- INPUT (A/MONO, B) Jacks
- OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) Jacks: ¼-Inch Phone Type
- CTL 1,2/EXP Jack: ¼-Inch TSR Phone Type
- USB Computer Port: USB Type B
- MIDI (IN, OUT) Connectors
- DC IN Jack
BOSS RV-500 Reverb Processor Controls:
- A Switch
- B Switch
- TAP/CTL Switch
- DOWN Button
- UP Button
- EXIT Button
- EDIT Button
- MODE Knob
- TIME/VALUE Knob
- PRE-DELAY Knob
- E.LEVEL Knob
- LOW Knob
- HIGH Knob
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.610000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.