The Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal gives you amazing, high-quality octave effects with a simple stomp with three different modes to choose from.
World’s First Polyphonic Octave Pedal
Whether you’re a bassist or a guitarist, the Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal will provide you with fantastic octave effects with your choice of three different modes including the new Polyphonic Octave mode – a world’s first!
Boss OC-3 Super Octave Pedal Key Features:
- World’s first compact pedal with true Polyphonic Octave effects
- New Drive mode adds distortion to octave notes for a fatter, more aggressive tone
- Includes the original OC-2 mode, capable of producing notes one and two octaves down
- Poly Octave effect adjustable to play within a specific note range
- Bass input for adapting octave sound to bass guitars
- BOSS five-year limited warranty
Three Pedals in One
Giving you real bang for your buck, the Boss OC-3 gives you three distinct octave modes all in one compact pedal, effectively providing three different pedals.
The original Boss OC-2 has been well-loved since it was first released and its unique “dual octave” effect is still relied upon by many guitarists today.
With this in mind, Boss have incorporated an OC-2 mode giving you that same great sound but with better stability. Switching to this mode gives you three individual sounds; your original note, an octave below and another that’s two octaves below.
In true Boss style, the OC-3 has evolved beyond its already incredible origins and adds two more modes for you to play with.Drive mode adds distortion to the direct sound and octave sounds giving you a crunchy bit of edge, for more aggressive tone.
Switch over to Polyphonic Octave mode and the OC-3 Super Octave pedal will now add octaves while you play chords. This true polyphony is a first for a compact pedal.
Full Control at Your Fingertips
Allowing you to get the exact sound you want from the OC-3, this pedal features a set of four control knobs which adjust a multitude of parameters.
First, there’s the DIRECT LEVEL knob which allows you to adjust the volume of your direct signal.
Next to that, you’ll find the OCT 1 LEVEL knob which allows you to do the same for the note that is one octave below the original.
To the right, you’ll find two knobs that work together. Using the MODE knob you select one of the four aforementioned modes while CONTROL knob’s function changes in relation to the mode you have selected.
When the POLY mode is selected, the CONTROL knob functions as a range knob. This allows you to adjust the range in which the octave effect is applied, extending into higher frequencies as you turn it clockwise while turning it anti-clockwise limits the effect to lower frequencies.
In OCT2 mode, the CONTROL knob allows you to adjust the level of the note that is two octaves below the original. When you’re in DRIVE mode, the CONTROL knob allows you to adjust the amount of distortion in your sound.
High Quality Octave Effects for Guitar and Bass
Made for both electric guitar and bass, the Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal sports two separate inputs.
If you play bass guitar for example, just connect your bass via the dedicated Bass input and the OC-3 will automatically optimise itself for the range of a bass guitar. With the OC-3, both bassists and guitarists can get ultra-stable octave sounds.
Buy the Boss OC-3 Super Octave pedal today and get high-quality octave effects in your performance with easy-to-use controls allowing you to sculpt your sound to perfection.
Boss OC-3 Super Octave Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal Switch, DIRECT LEVEL Knob, OCT1 LEVEL Knob, CONTROL Knob, MODE Knob
- Connectors: GUITAR IN Jack, BASS IN Jack, OUTPUT (MONO) Jack, DIRECT OUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery (9 V Type), AC Adaptor (PSA-Series, Sold Separately)
- Current Draw: 55 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Dry Battery (9 V Type) S-006P/9 V (6F22/9 V)
- Boss OC-3 Super Octave Pedal Size and Weight:
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 440 g (1 lb)
September 4, 2019Read Article
September 24, 2018Read Article
February 3, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*