BOSS Katana Artist, 100-Watt Amplifier with 12" Waza Craft Speaker
After establishing themselves as serious contenders in the amplifier market with the release of the stunning Katana family, the next logical step for BOSS would be the creation of a world-class, high end, Boutique-style flagship amp that can hold its own in a world dominated by valve amplifiers.
That next level is the Katana Artist - a stunning, solid entry into this new era of high-tech guitar amps.
All-New Flagship Katana Amp
This brand-new entry into the Katana lineup offers much more than its predecessors, and features its own voice that's unique to the other Katana amps. Whether you're looking for a boutique, sparkling clean sound, with rich top-end detail, or a crushing, brutal, low-end monster that keeps its rich voice intact, never becoming muddy, the Katana Artist can deliver.
What make it so special?
The all new Katana Artist features a host of upgrades, including:
- Proprietary Waza Craft Speaker – Designed and Built from Scratch
- All New Custom Semi-Closed Cabinet
- Performance Enhanced Sound Design
- High Headroom, Custom Voiced Amp Channels
- Onboard cabinet Resonance Control
- Three Position Line Out “Air” Controls for Live Flexibility
- Quick and Easy Access for Live with GA-FC Foot Control
For a limited time only, when you buy any BOSS Katana amp, you will get a JTC jamtrack bundle, normally worth £30, absolutely FREE!
Just buy your new BOSS Katana Amp from Professional Music Technology and then submit the serial number at the JTC website and you will get access to your free download.
This free JTC jamtrack bundle includes:
- 30 Solo Tracks
- 30 Jam Tracks
- 30 Tab/Notations
- 30 Track Notes
Normally, this bundle would cost you £30 so act now and get it absolutely free.
But hurry as the offer ends on March 31st 2019!
Katana Software Update Version 3
A brand new, free downloadable update will be available for this amplifier from the 21st of December 2018.
This amazing update allows the use of:
- Three new effects types - including the Roland DC-30, BOSS GE-10, and BOSS-95E
- Assigning effect parameters to control knobs and pedals
- Recording with stereo effects - offers true stereo sound with many of the Katana's modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects!
Simply head on over to the Official BOSS.info website, choose the correct amp, and click on the Katana System Program (Ver.3.X) link and follow the instructions closely.
A New Kind of Animal
Each of these significant changes to the Katana formula set it a cut above the rest of the range. This isn't "just another" Katana amp, but a completely re-tuned, custom voiced amplifier that's perfectly suited to home, studio and stage use.
Specially Designed Speaker
Oneo of the more significant upgrades in the Katana Artist is the inclusion of the BOSS Waza Craft Speaker. This fantastic speaker has been developed as a result of research into several of the top speakers from various eras, and then specially voiced to provide the ultimate performance.
100 Watt Output
With its custom speaker coils, the incredible Waza Craft speaker in the Katana Artist can handle 100 Watts of power with ease, and leave you with head room to spare. Your sound will always be rich and articulate, with each and every nuance of your playing being picked up and amplified in the way it should be.
Newly Designed Cabinet
Despite being bigger and thicker in construction than previous models, the cabinet that the Katana Artist is housed in is surprisingly lightweight. The special semi-closed back design implemented after extensive testing to find the best go-between of a classic combo's open, airy sound, but with all the punch of a fully-closed back amp, resulting in more resonance and bottom end than previously.
Find those Sweet Spots
Creating your ideal sound couldn't be easier than with the Katana Artist, thanks to the Three Band Tone Stack EQ. This active EQ allows for a much wider sweep than other amps on the market, giving you precision control over each frequency band in your search for the perfect tone.
Plenty of Premium-Grade Extras
The BOSS Katana Artist has been created with both live performers and studio musicians in mind, and as such is home to a host of high-quality options to finalise your tone. These include: an added Resonance control on the front panel; Line Out "Air Feel" to give your signal different virtual mic settings when plugged into a front of house system; a professional I/O to give you a full FX loop; USB connectivitity for detailed recording and external MIDI control, as well as access to the BOSS Tone Studio, which allows you to fully customise your amp; and the GA-FC foot controller, for hands free access to 8 pre-sets, FX and more!
New for 2018
Keep an eye out for the Katana Artist hitting your local PMT store throughout the year, and be sure to request an in-store demonstration from one of our resident product experts. Alternatively, order this amazing amplifier online today and make use of our fabulous 0% Finance and Free Home-Delivery options!
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
|Effects||multiple boss effects|
|Woofer Size||12" woofer|
|Amp Type||modelling / digital amplifier|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*