Boss Katana Artist Combo Amplifier
Out of stock
Unavailable for purchase
After establishing themselves as serious contenders in the amplifier market with the release of the stunning Katana family, the next logical step for BOSS would be the creation of a world-class, high end, Boutique-style flagship amp that can hold its own in a world dominated by valve amplifiers.
That next level is the Katana Artist - a stunning, solid entry into this new era of high-tech guitar amps.
Flagship Katana Amp
This brand-new entry into the Katana lineup offers much more than its predecessors, and features its own voice that's unique to the other Katana amps. Whether you're looking for a boutique, sparkling clean sound, with rich top-end detail, or a crushing, brutal, low-end monster that keeps its rich voice intact, never becoming muddy, the Katana Artist can deliver.
Katana Version 4 Firmware Upgrade
New and existing owners of the BOSS Katana Artist can now upgrade their firmware to Version 4, giving them access to awesome new effect features, along with expansion support for the next-generation Katana MKII series.
Amongst the effects upgrades you'll find Heavy Octave, Stereo Delay, and Pan Delay effects, along with a dedicated Pedal FX section that allows you to set up foot-control Wah and Pedal Bend options.
In addition to this, you can now use the Katana Artist as a slave amp with the Katana MKII's awesome Stereo Expand feature, giving you the option of making full use of stereo-compatible effects and creating wide, expansive tones.
Simply head over to the Katana Artist Downloads section on the Official BOSS website and follow the instructions there to take advantage of this awesome firmware upgrade.
What make it so special?
The all new Katana Artist features a host of upgrades, including:
- Proprietary Waza Craft Speaker - Designed and Built from Scratch
- All New Custom Semi-Closed Cabinet
- Performance Enhanced Sound Design
- High Headroom, Custom Voiced Amp Channels
- Onboard cabinet Resonance Control
- Three Position Line Out â€œAir" Controls for Live Flexibility
- Quick and Easy Access for Live with GA-FC Foot Control
A New Kind of Animal
Each of these significant changes to the Katana formula set it a cut above the rest of the range. This isn't "just another" Katana amp, but a completely re-tuned, custom voiced amplifier that's perfectly suited to home, studio and stage use.
Specially Designed Speaker
Oneo of the more significant upgrades in the Katana Artist is the inclusion of the BOSS Waza Craft Speaker. This fantastic speaker has been developed as a result of research into several of the top speakers from various eras, and then specially voiced to provide the ultimate performance.
100 Watt Output
With its custom speaker coils, the incredible Waza Craft speaker in the Katana Artist can handle 100 Watts of power with ease, and leave you with head room to spare. Your sound will always be rich and articulate, with each and every nuance of your playing being picked up and amplified in the way it should be.
Newly Designed Cabinet
Despite being bigger and thicker in construction than previous models, the cabinet that the Katana Artist is housed in is surprisingly lightweight. The special semi-closed back design implemented after extensive testing to find the best go-between of a classic combo's open, airy sound, but with all the punch of a fully-closed back amp, resulting in more resonance and bottom end than previously.
Find those Sweet Spots
Creating your ideal sound couldn't be easier than with the Katana Artist, thanks to the Three Band Tone Stack EQ. This active EQ allows for a much wider sweep than other amps on the market, giving you precision control over each frequency band in your search for the perfect tone.
Plenty of Premium-Grade Extras
The BOSS Katana Artist has been created with both live performers and studio musicians in mind, and as such is home to a host of high-quality options to finalise your tone. These include: an added Resonance control on the front panel; Line Out "Air Feel" to give your signal different virtual mic settings when plugged into a front of house system; a professional I/O to give you a full FX loop; USB connectivitity for detailed recording and external MIDI control, as well as access to the BOSS Tone Studio, which allows you to fully customise your amp; and the GA-FC foot controller, for hands free access to 8 pre-sets, FX and more!
Boss Katana Artist Combo Amplifier Highlights
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist's cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Multiple BOSS Effects
|modelling / digital amplifier
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.