When it comes down to guitar and bass multi-fx processors, Boss have always and continue to set the bar for which any future entries should be judged. The all new addition to the Boss GT range, the GT-1, is Boss's most portable rendition yet. Running off either batteries or a 9v power supply, the Boss GT-1 can be taken to the streets, making it an absolutely ideal unit for buskers, travelling musicians or just for home use.
An ultra compact guitar multi FX unit packed with Boss's iconic tones.
With the GT-1’s straightforward interface, it’s simple to build great tones right away. The Easy Select function allows users to quickly find patches by genre, distortion, or effect type, while Easy Edit lets them tweak drive, modulation, and echo tones to perfection with little effort. Dedicated panel buttons provide quick on/off switches for effect groups, and also unlock deep-dive parameters for microscopic fine-tuning.
At the BOSS Tone Central website, GT-1 users have access to many free patch collections. Created by pro guitarists, these patches are dialed-in and ready to use for playing all types of music. The free BOSS Tone Studio software provides a full-featured editor/librarian for the GT-1, as well as integrated access to all the patch collections at BOSS Tone Central.
The GT-1’s three footswitches are smartly designed to provide patch selection, tuner access, looper control, and more in a minimal footprint. A dedicated CTL1 switch is assignable to tap tempo, effects on/off, and other functions, while the expression pedal and toe switch are assignable to volume, wah, and various effects parameters. There’s also a jack for connecting up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal.
- 44.1 kHz
- 24 bits + AF method (Adaptive Focus method is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise ratio of the AD and DA converters.)
- 24 bits
- 108 types
- 99 (User) + 99 (Preset)
- 32 sec.
Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -20 dBu
Maximum Input Level
- INPUT: -7 dBu, AUX IN: 0 dBu
- INPUT: 1 M ohm, AUX IN: 27 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu, PHONES: -10 dBu
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm, PHONES: 44 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater, PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
- DOWN switch, UP switch CTL1 switch
- EASY SELECT button, EASY EDIT button, FX1/COMP button, OD/DS button, PREAMP button, FX2/MOD button, DELAY button, REVERB button, MEMORY EDIT button, EXIT button, ENTER button, MENU button
- 1 knob, 2 knob, 3 knob
- Expression pedal
- Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
- INPUT jack, OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL2, 3/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours (Figure will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
Weight (including battery)
- 1.3 kg
- 2 lbs 14 oz
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
February 3, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.