Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The Boss DS-1 distortion pedal, a true legend of guitar effects pedals.
The Original Boss Distortion Pedal; the Boss DS-1
The first ever distortion pedal produced by Boss and originally launched in the 1970s, the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal has become an icon in the world of guitar effects pedals.
Used by a number of famous guitarists such as Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Kurt Cobain, the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal is legendary.
Get that Classic Distortion
Before Boss produced the DS-1 Distortion pedal, most pedals on the market sounded muddy and messy when the gain was cranked.
Enter the DS-1, a distortion pedal that gives you tight and focused distortion that you can really push.
Giving you awesome distorted sound with rich harmonics while retaining the unique characteristics of your guitar and playing style – it’s clear why the Boss DS-1 is still so popular after 40 years of being on the market.
Shape Your Tone and Distortion
While most tone controls on distortion pedals just cut the highs, the Boss DS-1 features an innovative tone circuit that provides a lot more scope.
Turn the knob clockwise to increase high frequencies while decreasing lows or turn it anti-clockwise to decrease highs and increase low frequencies.
This control allows you go from the tightest, cutting tones to smooth, fat lead sounds and everything in between.
A pioneering two-stage circuit in the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal provides both transistor and op-amp gain stages.
This design allows for low-frequency fullness that is characteristic of the Boss DS-1’s sound and will give you awesome tones, perfect for playing heavier music.
By turning the distortion knob, you can go from a mild boost to give you a little edge or crank it for huge gain that’ll really shake the house down.
Legendary Boss Build Quality
As with all Boss pedals, the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal comes in an extremely sturdy metal chassis, able to withstand all the rigours of the road. Its distinctive orange design is simply iconic.
Also, with the inclusion of a battery level indicator, you’ll never be caught short on stage with a dead battery.
Built to last and delivering great sound, buy the Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal today to add one of the most important guitar effects pedals in history to your arsenal.
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal Key Features:
- Legendary distortion used by guitarists everywhere since 1978
- Classic tones for all types of music
- Hard-edged attack remains clear even at maximum distortion settings, ideal for heavy rhythms and cutting solos
- Works great as a booster at low distortion settings
- Unique tone control offers a wide range of sound shaping
- Doesn’t mask the unique sound characteristics of different guitars, pickups, and styles
- Turning down the guitar’s volume cleans up the tone without introducing muddiness
- BOSS five-year warranty
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal Specs:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal switch, GAIN knob, TONE knob, LEVEL knob
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, DC IN Jack
- Power Supply: Carbon-Zinc Battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline Battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC Adaptor (PSA Series: Sold Separately)
- Current Draw: 20 Ma
- Expected Battery life Under Continuous Use: Carbon: Approx. 24.5 Hours, Alkaline: Approx. 44 Hours
- Accessories: Carbon Battery, (6F22/9 V), Owner’s Manual, Safety Leaflet
- Options: AC Adaptor (PSA Series)
Size and Weight (Including Battery)
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight: 360 g, 0 lbs, 13 oz.
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.