The BF-3 Flanger pedal gives you four different modes to play with and thick stereo flanging sounds.
Evolution of a Classic Flanger Pedal
The Boss BF-3 Flanger pedal builds on the 20 year legacy of the popular Boss BF-2 Flanger, giving both guitarists and bassists an updated of this classic flanger pedal with thick, stereo flanging sounds.
Boss BF-3 Flanger Pedal Key Features:
- BOSS' best flanging effects in a compact pedal
- New Ultra and Gate/Pan modes for ultra-fat flanging and futuristic slicer-type sounds, respectively
- Momentary mode turns flanging on instantly
- Tap tempo adjustable via pedal
- Independent Guitar and Bass inputs and stereo outputs
- BOSS five-year warranty
Four Flanger Modes
What makes the Boss BF-3 Flanger pedal so great is its broad range of flange sounds, with four different modes giving you a lot to work with.
First there is the Momentary mode which allows you to apply the flanger effect to a precise point of your choice in a phrase.
Tap Tempo allows you to set the RATE to the tempo at which the pedal is pressed so you can have it perfectly in time to the music you’re playing.
One of two new modes for the Boss BF-3 Flanger pedal is the GATE/PAN mode which brings in a slicer effect to your sound when outputting in mono for a gate flanger effect. When using stereo output, the panning is spread three-dimensionally across the sound field for beautifully atmospheric and sweeping sound.
The second of the two new modes is the ULTRA setting which gives your sound a strong modulation effect which sounds particularly rich when used together with a distortion pedal.
Two Inputs and Stereo Output
Allowing you to fully appreciate the pedal are two outputs. If you’re looking to use the Boss BF-3 Flanger for mono sound you can simply use output A but to make the most of its incredible performance you can also use it in stereo.
You will also notice there are two inputs; one for electric guitar while the BASS IN has been optimised for bass guitar, so you get great sounding results whichever instrument you choose to use.
Create a peculiar metallic modulation sound by turning up the RES (resonance) knob and outputting in the BF-3's sound in stereo.
Simple Yet Comprehensive Controls
In addition to the Mode knob which allows you to select one of the four aforementioned modes, a few knobs on the face of the Boss BF-3 Flanger offer simple yet powerful control over your flanger sound.
The Manual knob allows you to select the centre frequency to which the effect will be applied, and on top of that is a Resonance knob which allows you to increase or decrease the resonance, or feedback, on your sound.
A Depth knob is present allowing you to adjust the sweep depth so you can take it from the slightest of swirls to full on waves of flange while a Rate knob allows you to set the speed at which the flange occurs.
Great Sounding Flanger Pedal for Guitar and Bass
Whether you’re a bassist or a guitarist, the Boss BF-3 Flanger pedal offers great, optimised flanger sound with a lot of adjustment options.
Buy the Boss BF-3 Flanger pedal today and get this unique and atmospheric sound on your pedalboard so you can sculpt some incredible new sounds.
Boss BF-3 Flanger Pedal Specs:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Delay Time: 0.3 mS to 14.4 ms (GUITAR IN), 0.3 ms to 6.3 ms (BASS IN)
- LFO Speed: 100 mS to 18 S
- Residual Noise: -95 dBu (IHF-A Typ.)
- Controls: Pedal Switch, MANUAL Knob, RES (resonance) Knob, DEPTH Knob, RATE Knob, MODE Knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Serves also as tempo and battery check indicator)
- Connectors: GUITAR IN Jack, BASS IN Jack, OUTPUT A (MONO) Jack, OUTPUT B Jack, AC adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry battery (9 V type), AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 40 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessory: Dry battery (9 V type) S-006P/9 V (6F22/9 V), Owner's Manual
- Option: AC Adaptor: PSA-Series
Boss BF-3 Flanger Pedal Size and Weight (Including Battery):
- Width: 73mm, 2-7/8 Inches
- Depth: 129mm, 5-1/8 Inches
- Height: 59mm, 2-3/8 Inches
- Weight: 420g, 0 lbs. 15 oz.
September 24, 2018Read Article
Frequently Bought Together
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*