The Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal allows you to get your natual acoustic sound even when plugged in and playing on stage.
Advanced Sound Processing for Superior Tone
You probably chose your electro-acoustic guitar because of how amazing it sounds acoustically.
However, most electro-acoustic guitars are fitted with a piezo pickup which doesn't faithfully portray the natural sound of your guitar when plugged in.
The AD-2 Preamp is here to change all that so you and your audience can enjoy the natural, beautiful acoustic sound of your guitar that you fell in love with, even when you're plugged in.
Using advanced Boss sound processing, the Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal has a lot of complex goings-on under the hood.
Multiple interlocking parameters are activated at once with a stomp of the pedal with further sound sculpting options available to you via the control knob.
The result is great sounding acoustic guitar. All the time.
Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp Pedal Key Features:
- Acoustic-electric guitar preamp with advanced BOSS sound processing
- Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocked parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls
- Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of an unplugged acoustic
- Ambience knob provides wide-ranging, studio-quality reverb optimized for acoustic guitar
- Notch filter for instant feedback reduction
- Normal output for an acoustic guitar amp and balanced DI output for direct PA connection
- Sound mute function for switching guitars and tuning on stage
- BOSS five-year warranty
Natural Acoustic Sound On Stage
The natural tone of your acoustic guitar is the result of an intricate interaction between its body, the resonating top, your strings and other aspects of the guitar.
All of these elements, along with your playing, combine to produce the natural, rich and woody sound that you love.
Unfortunately, plugging in and delivering this same great sound to a large audience isn’t usually an option as the electrics in most electro-acoustic guitars cannot convey the complexity of your guitar’s tone.
That’s where the Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp comes in. With its acoustic resonance effect, the AD-2 pedal analyses your input signal and uses its advanced processing to recreate the natural sound of your guitar’s tone.
A simple turn of the Acoustic Resonance knob adjusts multiple parameters at once so using the AD-2 allows you to get the perfect tone for any style you wish to play; from heavy strumming to softer fingerpicking and everything in between.
Pro-Quality Built-In Reverb
Great reverb is the perfect complement to a great acoustic guitar tone and so the Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp comes with a built-in Ambience effect which provides you with a lush, studio-quality reverb.
While standard reverbs can cloud and muddy up your acoustic guitar sound, Boss have used complex algorithms to optimise the onboard reverb specifically for use with acoustic guitar.
The end result is a great sounding, natural ambience that adds real depth to your performance.
Just like with the Acoustic Resonance effect, by turning just the one Ambience knob you simultaneously adjust multiple interlocking parameters allowing you to dial in a huge range of detailed, atmospheric reverb sounds.
DI Output and Feedback Elimination
Solidifying itself as an essential pedal for live acoustic guitar performance, the Boss AD-2 has a few more features that’ll make your gigs go even better.
Firstly, you’ll notice that the AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal has two outputs. The standard output is there for if you should want to connect to an acoustic guitar amp.
Alternatively, you can use the DI output and connect directly to the PA/mixing desk.
Another frequent problem for musicians that play acoustic guitars live is feedback. Feedback is a common occurrence in live electro-acoustic guitar and it can seriously affect your performance and your audience’s enjoyment.
That’s why the Boss AD-2 comes with a notch filter knob. By turning this knob, you can quickly identify, isolate and eliminate the problem frequencies. No more feedback for you.
You may also like to switch guitars during your show and this change over can cause a lot of noise for your audience and turning down the volume on your guitars and back up again can really affect the flow of your performance.
With the Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal, a quick stomp of the footswitch instantly mutes your sound.
Designed for Live Performance
Being a Boss pedal, the AD-2 Acoustic Preamp is built like a tank. Its hard metal chassis can take all the rigours of the road so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged when you take it on tour with you and it can take a real kicking when on stage.Buy the Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal today and be able to take your beautiful live acoustic sound to the stage and really let it be heard.
Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 10 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT Jack -20 dBu, LINE OUT Jack -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT Jack 1 k ohms, LINE OUT jack 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT Jack 10 k ohms or greater, LINE OUT Jack 600 ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered Bypass
- Controls: Pedal Switch, Acoustic Resonance Knob, Ambience Knob, Notch Knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, LINE OUT Jack, DC IN Jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline Battery (9V 6LR61) or Carbon-Zinc Battery (9V 6F22), AC Adaptor (PSA Series: Optional)
- Current Draw: 55 Ma
- Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use: Alkaline – Approx. 6 Hours
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet (“USING THE UNIT SAFELY,” “IMPORTANT NOTES,” and “Information”)
- Boss AD-2 Acoustic Preamp Pedal Size and Weight:
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 450 g (1 lb)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.