The Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal gives you a beautifully natural acoustic guitar sound from your electric guitar with built-in reverb, versatile output paths and fine control options.
Free Pedals with The Boss Collectors Club
With the introduction of Boss’s new Collectors Club, you can get some real “pedal perks” just by purchasing Boss compact pedals.
Buy any Boss compact pedal from October 1st 2017 until September 30th 2018 and register them to receive free swag from Boss including a limited edition DS-1 badge, an exclusive 12” vinyl and a free Boss pedal.
Check out our Boss Collectors Club blog post for further information on this amazing offer!
Turn Your Electric Guitar into a World-Classic Acoustic
The perfect solution for guitarists who need to go from a roaring electric sound to a mellow acoustic tone instantly, the Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal uses COSM or Composite Object Sound Modelling technology to give you an incredibly realistic and natural acoustic guitar sound.
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal Key Features:
- BOSS’s most advanced acoustic-guitar modelling in a compact pedal
- Four simulation modes: Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced, and Piezo-equipped
- Top and Body knobs for fine-tuning the virtual-body resonance
- Built-in reverb, optimized for acoustic-guitar simulation
- BOSS five-year warranty
Advanced Acoustic Modelling
Using Boss’ own COSM acoustic-modelling technology derived from their top of the line AD-8 multi-effects pedal, the Boss AC-3 produces a beautiful acoustic guitar sound that is incredibly realistic, precise and natural sounding.
Four different modes are available so you can get just the acoustic guitar sound you’re looking for. You can choose from Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced and Piezo-equipped – each with their own distinct characteristics, preparing you for any scenario.
Built-In Reverb and Fine Controls
Knowing that a good reverb is the perfect complement to acoustic guitar tone, Boss have equipped the AC-3 Acoustic Simulator with a great sounding digital reverb, effectively giving you two pedals in one.
A series of easy to use controls allow you to sculpt your guitar sound to your own preference.
By turning the Reverb knob, you can adjust the amount of Reverb applied to your sound while the Level knob adjusts the overall volume.
Resonance of the sound produced by the simulated guitar body can be adjusted by turning the Body knob. This alters the mellowness and breadth of the guitar sound.
You can also adjust the attack and harmonic content of the upper frequencies by turning the Top knob, this allows you to get a similar sound to what you can expect from a real condenser microphone.
Four Distinct Modes
A Mode knob is present allowing you to select the base tone of your sound with the following four modes to choose from:
- Standard – By selecting Standard you get the sound of the most popular acoustic guitar style; the Dreadnought
- Jumbo – Setting the AC-3 pedal to Jumbo, you get the rich bass response and beautiful high end, characteristic of oversized guitar bodies
- Enhance – This setting gives you a sharper attack than the standard tone and sounds great in bands and ensembles
- Piezo – Choosing this setting gives you the sound of a round-back acoustic guitar with a subtler body resonance and a unique attack
Ensuring you get the best sound at all times, the Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal is equipped with two outputs.
Multiple Outputs for Superior Sound
First, there’s a guitar amp output which you can use for your standard electric sound but you’ll also find there is a line out for your acoustic sound.
Once the pedal is engaged, the output automatically switches to the line out so you can send your simulated acoustic sound directly to the mixer or an acoustic guitar amp.
It’s the easiest way of getting perfect sound from both your electric and acoustic sounds without compromising either.
Great Acoustic Sound
If you want both electric and acoustic guitar sounds in your set but like to travel light and don’t want the hassle of taking along multiple guitars, the Boss AC-3 is the pedal for you.
Buy the AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal now and get natural sounding acoustic guitar sound in your performance with a single stomp.
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input: Level-20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal Switch, MODE Switch, BODY Knob, TOP Knob, LEVEL Knob, REVERB Knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, G.OUT Jack, LINE OUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery (6F22/ 9 V), AC Adaptor (PSA Series: Optional)
- Current Draw: 39 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Dry Battery; 6F22/ 9 V (Carbon), Leaflet (“USING THE UNIT SAFELY,” “IMPORTANT NOTES,” and “Information”)
- Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal Size and Weight:
- Width: 70 mm (2-13/16 inches)
- Depth: 125 mm (4-15/16 inches)
- Height: 55 mm (2-3/16 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 440 g (1 lb)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*