Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Guitar Pedal
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal gives you a beautifully natural acoustic guitar sound from your electric guitar with built-in reverb, versatile output paths and fine control options.
Turn Your Electric Guitar into a World-Classic Acoustic
The perfect solution for guitarists who need to go from a roaring electric sound to a mellow acoustic tone instantly, the Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal uses COSM or Composite Object Sound Modelling technology to give you an incredibly realistic and natural acoustic guitar sound.
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal Key Features:
- BOSS’s most advanced acoustic-guitar modelling in a compact pedal
- Four simulation modes: Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced, and Piezo-equipped
- Top and Body knobs for fine-tuning the virtual-body resonance
- Built-in reverb, optimized for acoustic-guitar simulation
- BOSS five-year warranty
Advanced Acoustic Modelling
Using Boss’ own COSM acoustic-modelling technology derived from their top of the line AD-8 multi-effects pedal, the Boss AC-3 produces a beautiful acoustic guitar sound that is incredibly realistic, precise and natural sounding.
Four different modes are available so you can get just the acoustic guitar sound you’re looking for. You can choose from Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced and Piezo-equipped – each with their own distinct characteristics, preparing you for any scenario.
Built-In Reverb and Fine Controls
Knowing that a good reverb is the perfect complement to acoustic guitar tone, Boss have equipped the AC-3 Acoustic Simulator with a great sounding digital reverb, effectively giving you two pedals in one.
A series of easy to use controls allow you to sculpt your guitar sound to your own preference.
By turning the Reverb knob, you can adjust the amount of Reverb applied to your sound while the Level knob adjusts the overall volume.
Resonance of the sound produced by the simulated guitar body can be adjusted by turning the Body knob. This alters the mellowness and breadth of the guitar sound.
You can also adjust the attack and harmonic content of the upper frequencies by turning the Top knob, this allows you to get a similar sound to what you can expect from a real condenser microphone.
Four Distinct Modes
A Mode knob is present allowing you to select the base tone of your sound with the following four modes to choose from:
- Standard – By selecting Standard you get the sound of the most popular acoustic guitar style; the Dreadnought
- Jumbo – Setting the AC-3 pedal to Jumbo, you get the rich bass response and beautiful high end, characteristic of oversized guitar bodies
- Enhance – This setting gives you a sharper attack than the standard tone and sounds great in bands and ensembles
- Piezo – Choosing this setting gives you the sound of a round-back acoustic guitar with a subtler body resonance and a unique attack
Ensuring you get the best sound at all times, the Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal is equipped with two outputs.
Multiple Outputs for Superior Sound
First, there’s a guitar amp output which you can use for your standard electric sound but you’ll also find there is a line out for your acoustic sound.
Once the pedal is engaged, the output automatically switches to the line out so you can send your simulated acoustic sound directly to the mixer or an acoustic guitar amp.
It’s the easiest way of getting perfect sound from both your electric and acoustic sounds without compromising either.
Great Acoustic Sound
If you want both electric and acoustic guitar sounds in your set but like to travel light and don’t want the hassle of taking along multiple guitars, the Boss AC-3 is the pedal for you.
Buy the AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal now and get natural sounding acoustic guitar sound in your performance with a single stomp.
Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input: Level-20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Controls: Pedal Switch, MODE Switch, BODY Knob, TOP Knob, LEVEL Knob, REVERB Knob
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, G.OUT Jack, LINE OUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery (6F22/ 9 V), AC Adaptor (PSA Series: Optional)
- Current Draw: 39 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Dry Battery; 6F22/ 9 V (Carbon), Leaflet (“USING THE UNIT SAFELY,” “IMPORTANT NOTES,” and “Information”)
- Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal Size and Weight:
- Width: 70 mm (2-13/16 inches)
- Depth: 125 mm (4-15/16 inches)
- Height: 55 mm (2-3/16 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 440 g (1 lb)
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.