The Zoom H3-VR is a virtual reality audio recorder that allows you to record high quality audio in 360 degrees.
The Future of Immersive Virtual Reality Experiences
360-video and virtual reality is huge right now and only getting bigger.
With major online platforms such as YouTube and Facebook embracing 360-video content along with PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift and other big-name VR equipment becoming more and more commonplace, the future of content creation is virtual reality.
Up to this point though, creating 3D audio hasn’t been as easy as creating 360-video and standard stereo audio just doesn’t cut it.
That’s where the H3-VR Virtual Reality Audio Recorder comes in and changes everything.
Zoom H3-VR Virtual Reality Audio Recorder Key Features:
- Zoom Handy Recorder Series Virtual Reality Audio Recorder
- 4 Built-In Mics Arranged in Ambisonic Array
- Single-Knob Gain Control of All Input Levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B Decoding
- Three Recording Modes
- Record Up To 24bit/96khz
- Headphone Output and Line Output
- Extensive Metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection Using 6-Axis Gyroscope
- Wireless iOS Remote Control Available Through Optional BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter
- Accurate Internal Clock with .5ppm Discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Free Zoom Post-Production Software for PC and Mac
- Powered by 2 AA Batteries or USB Power
- Records to SD Card Up To 512GB
Zoom Handy Recorder for Virtual Reality Audio
Joining the Zoom Handy Recorder series is the H3-VR, giving you 360 audio recording with the intuitive and convenient functionality you expect from the Handy Recorder series.
With its 4-way built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the Zoom H3-VR audio recorder is your complete solution for capturing realistic, spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content.
Normally, when you want to capture VR audio, you’d need a dedicated Ambisonic mic, a separate recorder and finally a computer to encode the raw Ambisonics A format audio to VR-ready Ambisonics B format.
With the Zoom H3-VR, however, all the encording and decoding is done within the one unit, saving you time, money and effort.
All this and the Zoom H3-VR fits in the palm of your hand.
Ready for Any Reality
Using the H3-VR’s 4-sapsule Ambisonic mic, you can capture precise 360-degree Ambisonics audio for VR up to 24 bit/96 khz, really capturing the depth and dimension of the virtual world.
You can also use the H3-VR to record stereo binaural waves up to 24 bit/48 kHz. With binaural 3D stereo sound, you add incredibly realistic spatial audio to enhance any 2D production.
Standard stereo recording is also an option with the Zoom H3-VR, allowing you to record audio specifically for use with speakers rather than headphones.
Using the free Zoom Ambisonics Player software, you can easily convert the Ambisonics audio to 5.1ch surround sound for video. The files produced with this software are pre-aligned to the correct speakers and can be exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video.
You can even live stream events with the Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder providing live streaming 360 audio so that your viewers and listeners will get the best audio wherever they are.
Capture Everything, Anywhere
Zoom have designed the H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder to be extremely compact. Fitting in the palm of your hand and with the option for battery operation, the H3-VR is wonderfully portable.
Between its small size and conical design, you’re able to capture audio from all angles while the H3-VR stays out of sight of the camera.
For added versatility, the H3-VR Handy Recorder also boasts a 6-axis motion sensor with Auto Mic Position and Level Detection allowing you to place the H3-VR however you want.
This means you can position the H3-VR upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted and it will automatically calibrate itself so your audio and video are already aligned perfectly, saving you more time in post.
Free Ambisonics Player 360 Audio Post-Production Software
Available as a free download as a companion to the H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder is Zoom Ambisonics Player.
This software makes post-production of your audio extremely easy, allowing you to convert your Ambisonics files to Stereo, Binaural, 5.1ch surround and more.
You can even play, trim, re-orientate and export your audio files however you want them in minutes.
Surround Sound for Video Content and Video Games
Whether it is for film or other video content, or even video games, the Zoom H3-VR handy recorder allows you to capture high-quality 360 audio that will fully immerse your viewers or players, taking the experience to a completely new level.
Buy the Zoom H3-VR virtual reality audio recorder from Professional Music Technology today and make capturing high quality 360 audio easier than ever before.
Zoom H3-VR Virtual Reality Audio Recorder Specs:
(Class 4 or Higher)
Recording Format Ambisonics A, Ambisonics B (FuMa/AmbiX)
- WAV 4ch poly (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
Recording Format Stereo
- WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/16-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
Recording Format Binaural
- WAV stereo (supports BWF and iXML): 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
Built-In Ambisonic Mic
- 4 matched unidirectional condenser mics
- Maximum sound pressure input: 120 dB SPL
- Mic gain: +18 – +48 dB
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: 10 dBu (1 kHz, 10 kOhms load)
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Maximum output level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ohms load)
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, rechargeable NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A (supports USB bus power)
USB (microUSB Connector) Mass Storage Operation
- USB 2.0 High Speed
USB (microUSB Connector) Audio Interface Operation
- 2 in/2 out (stereo/binaural input), USB 2.0 Full Speed
- 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit
- 4 in/2 out ( Ambisonics A/FuMa/AmbiX input), USB 2.0 High Speed
- 44.1 kHz/24-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit
Estimated Continuous Recording Time Using Batteries (48kHz/24-bit, FuMa Rec Mode)
- Alkaline Batteries: Approx. 11.5 Hours
- NiMH Batteries (1900 mAh): Approx. 11.5 Hours
- Lithium Batteries: Approx 24 Hours
- Display: 1.25” Monochrome LCD (96x64)
- Motion Sensor: 6 Axes (3-Axis Gyro, 3-Axis Acceleration)
- External Dimensions: 76mm (W) x 78mm (D) x 123mm (H)
- Weight: 120g
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.