Yamaha Motif XF6 Synthesizer Workstation
Availability: THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
This product is currently unavailable for delivery
The Yamaha XF 6 61-Note Workstation Keyboard Synthesizer - Breathes new life into live performances with its expressive sounds and intuitive control.
In music creation, the MOTIF not only offers its own music creation capabilities, it also offers a system for integrating those capabilities with a variety of software applications.
Premium-Grade Synth Workstation
The MOTIF XF 6 boasts a rich collection of instrument Voices that includes piano, EPs, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.
Of special note are the detailed digital re-creations of two Yamaha grand pianos (a 9' CFIII and a 7' S6) that only an acoustic piano manufacturer could achieve.
The reproduction in minute detail of even very subtle nuances results in exquisitely crafted piano Voices that will satisfy even the most demanding players.
All New Waveforms
New waveforms have been added to the MOTIF XF 6, which now contains a huge total of 741 MB of waveforms. Starting with the S6 piano, the 136 newly-added Voices include keyboard sounds such as those of clavinets and organs as well as a wide range of new sounds from orchestral to hip-hop.
This huge internal wave memory ensures that the MOTIF XF is the best sounding and most versatile keyboard workstation right out of the box.
Includes Award-Winning Software
The MOTIF XF comes with a special Yamaha version of Cubase, the world-renowned DAW software. Cubase AI has the same engine as Cubase 5 but has been modified to integrate more efficiently with the MOTIF.
Features such as remote control (which you can use to remotely control the parameters of a DAW application on a computer from the MOTIF), various DAW templates, and simple setup features make the MOTIF XF easy to use.
In particular, the integration between the MOTIF XF and Steinberg’s Cubase 5 series is truly seamless. Using the Yamaha MOTIF XF Editor, you can make subtle Voice edits from your computer while checking them visually.
Because the communication between the MOTIF and the editor is bi-directional, whether you’re moving the knobs on the MOTIF or changing parameters with the mouse in the editor, the parameters are perfectly matched.
There is even a VST3 editor for use in Cubase 5 (including AI) which lets you use your MOTIF as a VST soft synth.
Yamaha Motif XF6 Synthesizer Workstation Specs
- Width: 1,045 mm (41-1/8")
- Height: 122 mm (4-3/4")
- Depth: 391 mm (15-3/8")
- Weight: 15.1 kg (33.29 lb)
- Keyboard: Number of Keys: 61
- Type: FSX Keyboard (Initial Touch/Aftertouch)
- Tone generator
- Tone Generator: AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 Parts (internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D, FW*) *1 stereo Part
- Wave: 741 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 3,977 waveforms
- Voices: Preset: 1,024 Normal Voices + 64 Drum Kits GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit User: 128 x 4 (Bank 1: original, Bank 2 – 4: selected and copied from Preset bank) + 32 Drum Kits (No. 1 – 8: original, No. 9 – 32: selected and copied from Preset bank)
- Performance: User: 128 x 4 (up to 4 Parts)
- Filter: 18 types
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B) x 53 types x 8 Parts (up to 16 units), Vocoder x 1 (uses both Insertion Effect A and B blocks), Master Effect x 9 types (Preset settings for parameters of each effect type are provided as templates; total 320) Master EQ (5 bands), Part EQ (3 bands, stereo)
- Note Capacity: Approx. 130,000 notes
- Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Maximum Polyphony: 124 notes
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Song recording type: Real time replace Real time overdub (with the exception of the Pattern Chain) Real time punch in/out (Song only)
- Song tracks: Pattern: 16 Phrase tracks Pattern Chain: Pattern track, Tempo track, Scene track Song: 16 sequence tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each track), Tempo track, Scene track
- Songs: 64 Songs Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song and up to 256 Voices for all Songs Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Patterns: 64 Patterns (x 16 sections), Measures: 256 maximum Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Pattern and up to 256 Voices for all Patterns Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Phrases: User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
- Arpeggio: Preset: 7,881 types User: 256 types *MIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit can be set.
- Scene Memory: 5 per Song
- Sequence formats: Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
- Samples: Up to 128 Waveforms (Multi Samples) Up to 256 Key Banks per Waveform Up to 512 Key Banks
- Sampling Sources: Analog input L/R, Stereo output (Resampling) FW (available when the FW16E has been installed)
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 64x oversampling
- D/A Conversion: 24-bit,128x oversampling
- Sample Data Bits: 16
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz, 22.05kHz, 11.025kHz, 5.5125kHz (Stereo/Mono) Sampling Frequency via FW (when the FW16E has been installed): 44.1kHz (fixed)
- Sampling Memory: Internal SDRAM: 128M
- Sample Length: Mono: 32 MB Stereo: 64 MB
- Sampling Time: 44.1kHz: 6 min. 20 sec. 22.05kHz: 12 min. 40 sec. 11.025kHz: 25 min. 20 sec. 5.5125kHz: 50 min. 40 sec. *Mono/Stereo
- Sample Format: Original format, WAV, AIFF
- Master User: 128 *8 Zones (Master keyboard settings), Assignable Knob/Slider settings, Program Change Table
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function: For Windows: Cubase 4 – 5, SONAR 5.2 – 8 For Mac: Cubase 4 – 5, Logic 7.2 – LogicStudio, Digital Performer 5.1 – 6 *Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software.
- Controllers: Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Ribbon Controller, Assignable Control Sliders x 8, Assignable Knobs x 8, Assignable Function buttons x 2, Data dial
- Display: 320 x 240 dot, 5.7 inch graphic color backlit LCD
- Connectors: OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard phone jack) ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT L, R (standard phone jack) A/D INPUT L, R (standard phone jack) DIGITAL OUT PHONES (standard stereo phone jack) FOOT CONTROLLER 1, 2 FOOT SWITCH x 2 (SUSTAIN, ASSIGNABLE) MIDI IN/OUT/THRU USB (TO HOST, TO DEVICE) AC IN ETHERNET (100BASE-TX) IEEE1394 (available when the FW16E has been installed)
- Accessories: AC Power cord, Owner’s Manual, Owner’s Manual CD-ROM (containing Reference Manual and Data List), DVD-ROM (containing DAW software)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||15.100000|
|Effects||9 x master effects|
|Software Included||Steinberg Cubase AI software|
|Power Supply||AC adapter included|
|Number of Keys||61 keys|
|Synthesis Type||with Expanded Articulation|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!