The Yamaha EAD10 Electronic Acoustic Drum Module is an innovative piece of gear that allows you to capture your playing, modify your sound and share the result with ease.
Make Your Acoustic Drums Do More
Over recent years the popularity of hybrid drumming has been on the increase.
As musical genres merge and drummers diversify their style to cover a range of different playing situations, the need to incorporate new and interesting sounds has risen.
It’s not uncommon to see drummers playing an acoustic kit with a sample pad next to them ready to trigger a range of electronic samples that their acoustic kit simply can’t produce.
With this increase in popularity in mind, Yamaha have created an absolute innovation in hybrid drumming.
The Yamaha EAD10 is like nothing else on the market right now.
Providing you with the ability to record, change, expand and share your drum kit playing, the Yamaha EAD is a catch all solution for various different drumming situations.
From teachers wanting to record their students’ progress and YouTube drummers looking to produce top quality content, to those who need a solid monitoring system on stage, the Yamaha Electronic Acoustic Drum Module covers it all.
Yamaha EAD10 Electronic Acoustic Drum Module Key Features:
- EAD = Electronic Acoustic Drums
- Designed to Capture and Modify the Sound of your Acoustic Kit
- Offers Endless Tonal Options
- Makes Recording Your Drums Much Easier
- 1 x Sensor – Captures the Kit Sound Using Mics and Trigger
- 1 x Module – Uses DSP Processing to Add Effects and Samples to the Kit Sound
- Import Your Own Samples
- Record Directly onto the EAD Module
- Use in Conjunction with the Rec n Share App
What is the Yamaha EAD10?
So, what exactly is the Yamaha EAD10?
Well first off, EAD stands for Electronic Acoustic Drums and it consists of 2 parts – the sensor and the module.
The sensor houses a stereo pair of microphones and a trigger and it clamps on to the bass drum hoop to pick up the sound of the whole drum kit, which it then feeds to the module.
The EAD module takes the signal from the trigger and microphones and delivers Digital Signal Processing, allowing you to add effects and samples to your kit sound.
You can either layer the samples and effects with your acoustic drum kit sound or use the audio entirely from the EAD.
The combination of the stereo microphone pair and a trigger means that the sensor is able to send both audio and midi information to the module, which makes it ideal for pairing with a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for easy recording.
You don’t need a DAW though as you’re able to record short 90 second clips directly onto the EAD module and export them to a USB drive or use the smart Rec n Share app to record full performances.
You can also play along with external audio using a USB device or the aux in.
Jam packed with features to help you make the most of your drum kit, the Yamaha EAD10 combines the feel of your acoustic kit with the possibilities of an electric kit.
Capture Your Groove
The Yamaha EAD was made to enhance the way you practice, record and perform with your acoustic drums.
Previously if you wanted to capture a decent recording of your drum kit you’d need a range of microphones, a good audio interface and a digital recorder or recording software on your computer.
Not only is all that stuff expensive, it takes up a lot of space and takes quite a lot of time to set up and get right.
The EAD is the complete opposite! It’s compact as it only consists of 2 components and it’s super easy to setup.
Simply attach the trigger to the kick drum hoop, plug the trigger into the module and you’re good to go.
No need for multiple mics and a mixing desk, all you need is the trigger / built in mics of the module and you can capture the whole sound of your drum kit.
Not only does it make life easier for monitoring your practice progress and recording studio quality performances, it also makes the sound engineer’s life easier when it comes to live performances.
Whether you’re practicing, performing or recording and sharing, the EAD10 module allows you to evaluate your own performances (or your students) with studio quality audio.
Combining the nuances of an acoustic drum kit with the ease of recording offered by electronic drum kits, the Yamaha EAD is the best of both.
Modify Your Sound
Not only does the EAD10 allow you to record your acoustic drums easier, it enables you to completely change their sound.
The EAD module features a range of studio quality sounds, including effects and triggered samples.
With 50 pre-set and 200 user defined scenes to work with, the Yamaha Electronic Acoustic Drums allows you to overhaul the sound of your standard kit.
Whether you want the sound of a live arena drum kit, the sound of a dry studio kit, an 80’s gated sound or a crazy delay effect, the inbuild effects of the EAD10 make it super easy to adapt your sound.
With a range of top-quality reverbs, delays, flangers, phasers and genre specific effects to choose from you can drastically alter the sound of your drum kit with the simple twist of a knob.
Rec n Share app
Rec n share app – allows you to jam along to your favourite songs, add a click track, speed up/slow down and loop songs.
You can also film your performance on your phone using audio from the EAD10, balance your drum sound against the backing track, then upload it directly to youtube all inside the app.
Not just for home and studio use; the Yamaha EAD10 is great for live use too!
You can use the EAD10 to monitor your kit on stage or even send effects to the PA directly from the module itself.
Expand your Sound
The Yamaha EAD10 drum module makes it extremely easy to expand your palette of sounds.
You have four trigger inputs onboard, one dedicated to the bass drum and you can add in a snare trigger and two more 3-zone pads for six extra sounds.
You can also use a footswitch controller to make changes on the fly with your feet – great for live performance.
This electric acoustic drum module is an innovative piece of hardware like no other.
Buy the Yamaha EAD10 from Professional Music Technology to expand the scope of your recording projects and live performance and inspire your creativity with new potential.
Yamaha EAD10 Electronic Acoustic Drum Module Specs:
Size and Weight (Trigger Module)
- Width: 260 mm (main unit), 76 mm (sensor unit)
- Height: 63 mm (main unit), 88 mm (sensor unit)
- Depth: 138 mm (main unit), 78 mm (sensor unit)
- Weight: 654 g (main unit), 464 g (sensor unit)
- Scenes: Preset: 50, User: 200
- Reverb: 11
- Effects: Mic: 21, Trigger: 10
- Trigger Sounds: Tone Generator: AWM2, Maximum Polyphony: 64, Voices: 757
Recorder (Recording Time)
- Internal Memory: Approx. 1 Min 30 Sec
- USB Flash Drive: Approx. 30 Min/File
- Recording Format, Record/Playback: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo)
- Import Limit: Up to 100
- Playback Sample Format: 44.1 kHz
- Wave Memory: 32 MB
- Max. Loadable Sample Size: 1 Mono Sample: 1.75MB, 1 Stereo Sample: 3.5MB
- Sample Format: WAV (16 bit)
- Tempo: 30-300 BPM, Tap Tempo Function
- Time Signatures: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, 1/16 to 16/16
- Subdivisions: Accents, quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, and eighth-note triplets
- Functions: Trigger sensitivity adjustment, USB audio/MIDI, headphone EQ, metronome, auto power off
- Connectors: DC IN (12 V), PHONES (standard stereo phone), AUX IN (stereo mini), OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard mono phone), USB TO DEVICE, USB TO HOST
- For Trigger Sensor: A (standard stereo phone)
- For Mic Sensor: B (standard stereo phone)
- Stereo (L: Trigger, R: Trigger): 1 KICK/2 (also serves as A, 3 SNARE/4 (standard stereo phone)
- Three-Zone (L: Trigger, R: Rim Switch): 5, 6 (standard stereo phone)
- Foot Pedal: FOOT SW (standard stereo phone)
- For Trigger Sensor: A (standard phone)
- For Mic Sensor: B (standard stereo phone)
- Microphone: High SPL Mic x 2
- Triger: Exclusive for Bass Drum x 1
- Included Accessories: Owner’s manual, PA-150 (or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), module holder, module holder wing bolts (× 2), connector cables (1 pair), cable bands (× 3), adhesive cushions (× 2)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*