The Yamaha DZR12 is a 2-way bi-amped active loudspeaker equipped with a 12" woofer and delivers incredible audio with a powerful 139 dB SPL.
Power, Portability and Fantastic Sound
Powerful features and fantastic, professional sound combine in a lightweight yet highly durable cabinet.
With the Yamaha DZR12, you will enjoy best-in-class SPL performance, awesome DSP processing and incredible low-frequency sound production.
Yamaha DZR12 2-Way Bi-Amped Active Loudspeaker Key Features:
- 2-way powered loudspeaker with a 2" HF and a 12" LF
- Maximum 139dB SPL and 39Hz-20kHz frequency range is ideal for today's sound engineering demands
- High power 2000W Class-D amplifier module
- 96kHz DSP and FIR filter for true high-resolution sound with super low latency
- Features Advanced FIR-X tuning, the combination of FIR filtering and correct EQ for minimizing phase distortion
- Access a variety of DSP functions and load presets, or make precise adjustments to PEQ, delay and routing etc. via the intuitive LCD display
- D-Contour and highly reliable protection circuits
- Floor monitoring setting enables mirroring configuration
- Lightweight yet very durable plywood cabinet with premium grade Polyurea coating
- Optional speaker cover (SPCVR-DZR12)
- Rotatable horn and variety of U-bracket options (UB-DZR) for rigging allow for very flexible setup and speaker placement
96kHz DSP and Advanced FIR-X Tuning for Great Sound with Low Latency
With 96kHz DSP processors, the high power output of the DZR12 is channelled into high-resolution sound with incredibly low latency.
The DZR12 also boasts the newly developed Advanced FIR-X tuning, a significantly upgraded version of Yamaha's proprietary FIR-X tuning technology.
Using FIR filters, the DZR12 is able to provide amazingly smooth frequency response, delivering beautifully clear audio excellent sound imaging without phase distortion.
Accurate EQ filter is also on hand, allowing for precise adjustment to get optimum results and best-in-class SPL without signal degradation.
Using the built-in LCD screen, you get easy access to a wide variety of DSP functions and presets as well as be able to make fine adjustments to PEQ, delay and routing.
You can also store up to 8 user presets with all your own parameter adjustments or make use of the optimised factory presets.
D-CONTOUR Multi-Band Compressor
Making sure your sound stays clear and consistent, even when driven hard, the DZR12 utilised the D-CONTOUR intelligent multi-band compressor.
It works by constantly monitoring multiple frequency bands of your signal and applying optimum equalisation to each one so that even the highest output levels are delivered with incredible clarity.
D-CONTOUR also gives you the choice of two different settings; FOH/MAN and MONITOR mode so you get optimum results for your chosen PA configuration.
Both presets have been designed and perfected with the results of countless listening tests performed by sound engineers to ensure you get consistent sound with low distortion whatever the output level.
When switched to FOH/MAIN mode, the lower frequencies are boosted to compensate for the low end that is usually lost when PA speakers are suspended or mounted on stands.
Switch over to MONITOR mode and the D-CONTOUR will give you sound that is optimised for floor monitoring, reducing low frequencies that can become problematic while soothing out a wide range of frequencies to deliver incredible clarity.
2000W High Power Class-D Amplification
The DZR12 also boasts a new, highly efficient Class-D Amplification module which produces best-in-class 2000 watts of power with a hefty 143 dB SPL.
Power output is maximised with the use of a universal switching mode power supply with PFC so you get great, stable results while the amplifiers have been specially selected and optimised to match the full-range DZR12's custom designed high and low frequency transducers.
Custom Designed HF and LF Transducers
Delivering pronounced, crisp and clear high frequencies is a HF transducer comprised of a 2" voice coil and 1" throat compression driver with a titanium diaphragm and powerful neodymium magnet houses within a heat-resistant and durable aluminium frame.
The proprietary 12" LF transducer has been newly developed for use with the DZR12 and features a large 3" voice coil with a cast aluminium frame and an extremely strong yet lightweight neodymium magnet, which despite its lightweight construction can handle high power while delivering powerful low frequencies.
The result is powerful, distortion free audio, even at the highest outputs, with tightly controlled response and particularly sweet sounding mid-bass and vocal range frequencies for beautiful musicality in the sound.
Flexible Installation Options
Another great feature of the Yamaha DZR12 powered loudspeaker is the rotatable horn that allows you to adapt for different mounting situations and the acoustics of the venue.
Yamaha's constant directivity horns have been designed to provide smooth coverage over your desired coverage area while minimising roll-off, a common problem for conventional horn designs.
When mounting with a speaker pole, the DZR12 gives you a choice of two sockets – one for standard level positioning and another that holds the speaker at a -7 degrees tilt.
You can also fly the DZR12 via the twelve M10 rigging points or mount it with a separately available bracket.
Covering 90x60 degrees dispersion, the rotatable horn allows you to get great sound however you want to place the DZR12.
Furthermore, the Yamaha DZR12-D's enclosure has been designed to enable mirror-mode monitor placement.
Mirror-mode placement produces a symmetrical sound field for the performer with a larger, more defined "sweet spot" than you get when using conventional monitoring configurations.
Whether in a balanced dual-mono configuration or a stereo monitor mix setup, using mirror-mode floor monitoring allows the performer more freedom while providing great results.
Great Construction for Portability and Performance
The DZR12's cabinet is constructed from high grade 15mm thick plywood that is then covered with a highly durable, military-grade Polyurea coating. Combined, these features ensure the DZR12 can withstand all the rigours of life on the road.
For added portability, the Yamaha DZR12 loud speaker also comes equipped with die-cast aluminium handles found on the top and side of the enclosure.
Powerful Output and Perfect Audio
Yamaha's DZR12 raises the bar when it comes to portability, performance and convenience.
Packed with fantastic features for sound that is great every time with awesome power handling and fantastic portability, the Yamaha DZR12 is one seriously formidable package.
Buy the Yamaha DZR12 now and enjoy the fantastic sound that this incredibly well designed powered loudspeaker provides.
Yamaha DZR12 2-Way Bi-Amped Active Loudspeaker Specs:
- Speaker Type: 2-way, Bi-amped Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 39Hz - 20kHz
- Coverage Area: H90 Degree x V60 Degree (Rotatable)
- LF Components: 12" Cone, 3" Voice Coil, Neodymium magnet
- HF Components: 2" Voice Coil, 1" Throat Compression Driver, Titanium diaphragm, Neodymium magnet
- Crossover: 1.8kHz (FIR-X)
- Sampling Frequency Rate: 96kHz and FIR Filter
- A/D D/A Converters: 96kHz AD/DA
- Maximum Output Level (1m; on axis): 139dB SPL *1
- Power Rating – Dynamic: 2000W (LF:1000W, MF/HF: 1000W) *2
- Power Rating – Continuous: 1300W (LF: 920W, MF/HF: 380W)
- I/O Connectors – Analogue I/O: Analog IN: Combo x2, Line level (Maximum +24dBu), Input impedance 20k , Analog OUT: XLR3-32 x2, CH1: THRU (fix), CH2: THRU or DSP OUT
- I/O Connectors – Others: USB2.0 Host 5V 500mA for USB memory DATA storage/load
- I/O Connectors – AC: IEC AC inlet x1 (V-Lock)
- Amplifier Class: Class-D
- Cooling: Fan cooling, Variable speeds
- Power Consumption: 45W (Idle), 150W (1/8)
- Handle: Aluminium die-cast, Side x2
- Pole Socket: 35 mm x2 (0° or -7°)
- Floor Monitor Angle: 50 Degrees Symmetrical
- Rigging: M10 x 12
Weight and Dimensions:
- Width: 410mm (16.1")
- Height: 646mm (25.4") (with rubber feet)
- Depth: 395mm (15.5")
- Net Weight: 21.4kg (47.2lbs)
- *1: With recommended DSP processing.
- *2: Total peak power of individual outputs (AC 120V, 25 ). This value was measured at minimum load impedance, with protection released.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||13.000000|
|Woofer Size||12" woofer|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!