Warm Audio WA2A LA2A Style Optical Compressor
We will ship to you as soon as we receive stock
If you're looking to achieve that famously warm and fluid LA-2A optical compression at an affordable price, then this tactile and responsive piece of classic Analog gear might just be for you.
Classic Analog Compression in a Affordable, Modern Package
The Warm Audio WA-2A Optical Compressor delivers on the classic character and flexibility of the famous LA-2A Leveling Amplifier - boasting updated modern functionality whilst maintaining that vintage warm-yet-smooth sound that continues to feature on so many famous recordings to this day.
Warm Audio WA-2A LA2A Compressor Features:
- High Volatage, Class-A Opto-Compression
- Faithful re-creation of the iconic LA-2A Leveling Amplifier
- Premium-grade CineMag USA Transformers
- Classic Four-Tube Operation - Using premium vacuum tubes
- Kentek Opto Attenuator
- Housed in a 2U chassis for rackmount compatability within a studio environment
- 100% discrete, all-tube signal path
- Wide frequency range - 15Hz to 20kHz
- Stereo Link Capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs and outputs
Classic Sound, Made Affordable
The WA-2A perfectly captures the classic '2A syle of compression. It's your go-to device for anything from subtley smoothing out and warming your vocal takes, taming your guitars dynamics or absolutely squashing your drum kit for a massive, punchy sound.
Warm Audio manage to deliver the same high-end experience to you, at a much lower price, whilst maintaining all of the top-end detail and low-end presence you'd look for in a quality piece of analog hardware. Maintaining the original basic two-knob control system, operation couldn't be simpler and the results couldn't be better.
Though there are many digital immitations and emulations, nothing quite compares to the articulate and responsive feel of working with a real piece of analog gear. The WA-2A is no exception, providing you with the exceptional warmth and softness of classic '2A style compression in a modern package.
Built with both quality and affordability in mind, the WA-2A boasts a discrete all-tube signal path, based on the distinguished four-tube deisgn of the LA-2A, featuring US CineMag Input/Output transformers and a custom opto-cell from Kenetek.
These premium-quality components combine to produce the warm and fluid sonic qualities that make it one of the most commonly-used compression styles within a studio environment, featuring on countless classic records.
Warm Audio WA-2A LA2A Compressor Specifications:
- Line Level, Transformer Balanced Input: 600 ohms impedance pin 2/tip=positive, pin 3/ring=negative, pin 1/sleeve=ground
- Line Level, Transformer Balanced Output: 600 ohms impedance pin 2/tip=positive, pin 3/ring=negative, pin 1/sleeve=ground
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 DB, 15 HZ TO 20KHZ
- Maximum Gain: +40 dB ±1dB
- Maximum Peak Reduction: -40 dB ±3dB
- Input Level: +16 dB maximum
- Output Level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.1 THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise: -74dB
- Attack Time: 10 milliseconds
- Release Time: 0.06 seconds for 50 release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Tube Compliment: 2x 12AX7, 1x 12BH7, 1x 6P1 (compatible with 6aQ5, 6005, and 6N1N)
- Optical Attenuator: Kenetek T4B module (socketed) (compatible with T4A, T4B, and T4C modules per standard wiring configuration to standard octal header)
- Power: 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz, standard IEC 3 conductor cord
- Fuse Compliment: 1x 250v, 1amp fast-blow type fuse
- Dimensions: 19” Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19” x 7” x 3.5”
- Weight: 12 lbs
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.