Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO USB HE (Desktop/WIN)
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
Introducing the Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO USB HE (Desktop/WIN), your gateway to top-tier A/D and D/A conversion via two Unison-enabled preamps. These exceptional preamps seamlessly integrate with the DUO Core real-time plug-in processing. In this Heritage Edition package, you'll also receive an impressive collection of five additional award-winning UAD plugins (a value of over 1,500 GBP) to supercharge your processing capabilities (details below).
Evolved from the original Apollo Twin X, the Twin X DUO USB boasts a completely redesigned AD/DA conversion system that competes with high-end converters, delivering a warm and authentic audio reproduction.
This means you can harness Universal Audio's extensive plugin library right at the recording stage. Imagine infusing your recordings with digital preamp emulations or compression right from the start of your workflow. All of this groundbreaking technology is elegantly encased, and connectivity is a breeze with USB 3.0, ensuring lightning-fast data transfer.
With a commitment to preserving audio fidelity, the Apollo Twin X Duo USB Heritage Edition offers an astounding 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution, faithfully capturing every subtlety of your sound source.
- Exclusive Heritage Edition Plugin Bundle - While preserving all the capabilities found in the Apollo Twin X Duo, the Heritage Edition elevates your plugin arsenal by introducing five fresh, acclaimed UAD plugin titles alongside the existing UAD analogue plugin bundle. These latest additions encompass UA's renowned Teletronix and 1176 compressors, a comprehensive array of Pultec EQs, the exceptional UA 610 Unison mic preamps, and the captivating Pure Plate Reverb. With all of these plugins processed in near real-time, the infusion of additional processing power is poised to propel your audio engineering and music production endeavours to unprecedented heights.
- Re-designed AD/DA Converters - Having already contributed to a vast range of Grammy award-winning albums, the Apollo Twin X continues the Apollo interface's long legacy with its top-of-the-range audio conversion. The custom converters have undergone a fresh redesign, enhancing the overall dynamic range while proudly showcasing an exceptionally low total harmonic distortion (THD). With its elite-class conversion, the Apollo Twin X DUO outperforms standard audio interfaces, ensuring superior sound reproduction.
- Dual Core DSP Accelerator - What distinguishes Apollo's audio interfaces from standard units is the inclusion of onboard DSP acceleration. In this iteration of the Twin X, you benefit from duo-core DSP acceleration, enabling you to seamlessly utilise DSP-powered plugins offered by Apollo. These plugins feature exclusive emulations of iconic gear from revered names like Neve, Lexicon, Capitol Studios, API, Manley, Ampex, Fender, and more. These groundbreaking emulations have been painstakingly crafted to faithfully replicate the essence of the originals. This innovation brings vintage equipment back to the forefront, allowing you to capture sought-after sounds that have remained elusive.
- Unison-Enabled Mic Preamps - Boasting two Unison-enabled preamps for live recording in studios, the Apollo Twin X DUO USB HE allows users to get the finest results from UA's preamp emulations. These include Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more giving you a truly crisp sound which provides you with an array of sound profiles.
- Combine Interfaces - Intuitively considering any user's studio set up in the future, the Apollo Twin X allows owners to easily connect up to four Apollos and a total of six UAD-2 devices. Meaning expanding your studio set-up has never been easier, in addition, if you add a rack-mountable Apollo to your setup, you're able to take control of it with the Apollo Twin X monitor control features.
- Various I/O Options - The Apollo Twin X is equipped with a comprehensive array of inputs and outputs designed to meet your diverse needs. In addition to the primary inputs, it also includes headphone outputs and a Hi-Z instrument input. Alongside these, you'll find two line outputs and an ADAT/SPDIF input, ensuring you have a wealth of connectivity options at your disposal.
Heritage Edition Plugin Bundle:
- 1176 Classic Limiter Collection (3)
- 1176LN Legacy Compressor/Limiter
- 1176SE Legacy Compressor/Limiter
- 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection (2)
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amplifier
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection (3)
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Pure Plate Reverb
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Precision Reflection Engine
- RAW Distortion Pedal
- RealVerb Pro
- Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection (3)
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy Limiter
- Desktop 10 x 6 USB 3.0 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- Two Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analogue design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO USB HE (Desktop/WIN) Specifications:
- Microphone Inputs: Two
- High Impedance (Hi-Z) Instrument Inputs: One
- Analog Line Inputs: Two
- Analog Line Outputs (DC coupled): Two (four including Monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs (DC coupled): Two (one stereo pair)
- Headphone Output: One stereo
- Digital Input: One (ADAT or S/PDIF, selectable)
- Power Supply: External AC-to-DC Power Supply, Level VI compliant
- AC Input Connector Type: IEC C8, non-polarized
- AC Requirements: 100V – 240V AC, 50 – 60 Hz
- DC Connector Type: Male plug, 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm, centre positive
- DC Requirements: 12 VDC, ±5 percent
- Maximum Power Consumption: 15 Watts (when portable host computer not charging)
- Ambient Temperature Range: 32º to 104º F (0º to 40º C)
- Product Code: APLTWXDU-HE
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.810000|
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.