Teenage Engineering OP-1 Portable Synthesizer
Out of stock
Unavailable for purchase
The Teenage Engineering OP-1 is a revolution in synthesis, sampling and MIDI Control making it easily one of the most highly anticipated synths of the modern generation.
The portable wonder synthesizer
In an endlessly evolving world of musical gadgetry, the Teenage Engineering OP-1 still captures the imagination of musicians and producers alike
A powerful and intuitive instrument, the OP-1 boasts a unique approach to synthesis, sequencing and sampling.
Furthermore; it is all contained in a portable, lightweight chassis so you can take it with you whreever you go.
It’s no wonder this small gadget is used by acclaimed artists such as Bon Iver, Bonobo, Deadmau5 and Flume.
Teenage Engineering OP-1 Key Features:
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with Exchangable Architecture
- Built-in 24 Voice Instant Live Sampler
- 4 track Tape Recorder with Variable Tape Speed
- 6 Minutes Recording Time. (Up to 24 Minutes)
- 4 track Mixer with EQ, Effect, Drive and Master Out
- Multiple Exchangable Effects
- Multiple Exchangable Sequencers
- USB MIDI Controller - MAC & PC Compatible
- 2-Way USB File Transfer - MAC & PC Compatible
- Colour Coded Vector Based User Interface
- Instant Reverse and variable Tape Speed Recording
- Full Classic Tape Editing Capabilities
- Master Tempo with Beat Matching to Tape Feature
Amazing Features, Powerful Control
The Teenage Engineering OP1 is the all-in-one portable synthesizer, sampler and controller. with additional features like a built-in FM radio and an assignable G-force sensor for motion controlled effects, there is quite nothing like it.
Its modular architecture enables endless sound possibilities without making the workflow complicated or distracting.
The compact design and real physical interface makes it inspiring to create music, no matter who you are or how experienced you are.
In controller mode, OP-1 turns in to a full blown MIDI controller, with access to transport (play/stop, rec, rewind and forward), a two octave keyboard with four endless encoders as well as a sound module that can be controlled from virtually any external software.
Powerful Synth Engine
With ten synthesizer engines, eight high quality effects and multiple routable LFO’s, you'll never hit the wall when it comes to creativity or finding the right sound for the job. Add the unique built-in sequencers on top of that and you'll understand why so many highly regarded producers and artists hold this little machine so dear.
4-Track Tape Recording
Record anything you create with the 4-track tape feature. Match the tape speed to the sequencer tempo for some really nice overdubbing. Change tapespeed while recording, or record backwards in realtime. Switch to the 4 channel mixer and add some punch with the built in EQ and compressor.
Built-in FM Radio
The OP1 allows you to Sample direct from any radio station in real time, with worldwide FM band support between 64-108MHz. Hear an inspiring or obscure sample on the airwaves and instant start chopping and tweaking. No messy recording and complex DAW editing - just record straight to tape!
When you connect OP-1 to a computer using the included USB cable, the OP-1 shows up as a MIDI controller or a storage device.
If storage device is selected, just drag and drop audio files between your computer and the OP-1. All 4 tape tracks are available as well as the drum and synthesizer samples. Everything ready for you to tweak or add to your DAW.
No additional software or drivers required - just plug and play!
- Upgradeable op os with multiple sound, effects and sequencer engines.
Available in strictly limited qualities, get your order in now so you don't miss your chance to own the Teenage Engineering OP-1.
- Dr Wave – raw 8-bit
- FM – easy to tweak fm synthesis
- Pulse – square wave type
- String – physical modeling
- Digital – raw digital type
- Phase – hase distortion
- Cluster – multiple wave cluster
- DNA – unique id synthesis
- Dsynth – dual oscillator
- Dbox – drum synthesis
- Future additions of engines will be available with software upgrades
- Dedicated instant synth sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Dedicated instant drum sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Automated layout feature in drum sampler.
- Instant sampling using the built-in microphone or line in.
- Classic ADSR type envelope
- Dynamic envelope for drum sounds.
- Future additions of envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- Delay – classic delay type
- Phone – hacked phone effect
- Punch – adds punch to your sound
- Grid – grid based echo
- Spring – spring reverb type
- Cwo – rhythmic delay
- Nitro – dynamic filter
- Future additions of effects will be available with software upgrades
Teenage Engineering OP-1 Specifications
- 4 individual tape tracks with instant solo
- 6 minutes recording time in normal tape speed
- 24 Mintues recording time
- Loop Function
- Reverse recording
- Classic tape editing features like lift, split and drop
- Lift tape recordings back to sampler for creative sound shaping
- 3 axis motion sensor (g-force) assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch
- Built-in fm radio – sample direct from any radio station or record straight to tape
- Over 1 thousand different combinations of engines, effects and modulation are possible
- 400 MHz processor core (800 MMACSS performance)
- 64 MB low-power SDRAM (12ns)
- 512 MB Nand Flash storage
- 24-bit 96kHz ADC/DAC
- 16 hours active battery life
- USB 2.0 high speed (OTG)
- 3.5 mm Line Input, Output
- Built-in microphone
- High output mini speaker 8 ohm 1 watt
- 3-axis accelerometer (g-force) sensor
- Worldwide fm band support (64-108 MHz)
- 320 x 160 pixel resolution
- Contrast: 10000:1 (good for outdoor use.)
- Low profile keyboard module
- Scissor-switch ultra low profile design
- Expected lifespan of 10 million keystrokes per key
- Light grey powder coated body and edm textured keyboard
- Dimensions: L 282 mm, H 102 mm, D 13.5 mm
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.