Taylor Builders Edition 652ce WHB 12-String Electro Acoustic
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
Are you looking to invest in a new 12-string guitar, packed full of special features, and posessing a truly incredible voice? Then the Taylor Builders Edition 652ce could well be for you!
Built For A New Generation Of Guitar Player
Each guitar from Taylor's incredible Builder's Edition family has been specially-crafted to be comfortable to play, awesome to listen to, and beautiful to behold.
In this case we have the Builder's Edition 652ce - a reverse-strung 12 string, with a 12-fret neck join, increased playability, and much more besides.
Taylor Builders Edition 652ce WHB 12-String Electro Acoustic Highlights
- Premium-quality 12-string from the Taylor Builder's Edition lineup
- String-pairings reversed to add more warmth and body to the guitar's voice
- Torrefied Sitka Spruce top with a Maple back and sides, and a Wild Honeyburst finish
- V-Class bracing system offers unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation
- Smaller, Grand-Concert body shape makes the guitar ideally-suited to fingerstyle players
- Smooth, double-contoured beveled cutaway offers easy access to the guitar's upper frets
- Sleek Mahogany neck, with Taylor's acclaimed Taylor Neck profile
- Ebony fingerboard with rolled fret edges
- 12th-fret neck join delivers a stronger midrange presence, anda more-relaxed fretting hand feel
- Mother-of-Pearl "Scepter" inlays on the fingerboard and headstock
- Expression System 2 preamp and pickup
Exquisite Tonewood Combination
As with other models within the 600 Series, the Taylor 652ce comes equipped with a solid Maple back and sends, which delivers a focused, transparent, and adaptable sound that responds perfectly to your playing style.
In addition to the Maple body, the guitar sports a Solid Sitka Spruce top, which adds adds incredible levels of clarity and projection that's perfect for live performances.
As mentioned above, the Spruce top has been fitted with Taylor's acclaimed V-Class bracing system, giving this guitar a much more robust, and vivid tonal response.
This bracing system has been specially-designed to allow the perfect compromise between stability and performance, increasing the guitar's volume and sustain, as well as extra clarity and response.
This responsive, touch-sensitive nature allows you to perform a wide variety of play-style and dynamics, without losing balance or becoming lost in the mix.
Typically, a 12-string guitar features six pairs of strings, the lowest three of which are accompanied with a string tuned an octave higher than it sitting to the left-hand side (when viewd from the front), whilst the three higher string pairs are tuned in unison.
This results in that unique, harmonically-rich sound that's associated with the instrument, and has been heard on many hit records over the decades.
With this Builder's Edition 652ce, Taylor have opted to reverse the positioning on the lower register strings, situating the fundamental string at the top of each pair.
This particular configuration adds texture and tonal bloom, along with increased power and additional punch, delivering a unique 12-string playing experience and a voice that's suited to most musical styles.
Expression System 2
For when you want to amplify your sound or record your playing without setting up a mic in front of it, this guitar comes equipped with Taylor's acclaimed ES2 pickup and preamp.
This pickup sits behind the saddle (rather than underneath) and is specially-designed to accurately pick up and translate the strings vibrations through to the preamp.
The preamp's controls are situated on the bass-side upper bout, and allow you to control your overall output, whilst fine-tuning your bass and treble frequencies.
Taylor Builders Edition 652ce WHB 12-String Electro Acoustic Specs
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Number of Frets: 18
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 19-1/2"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4-3/8"
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: Beveled, Neo-Tropical
- Rosette Mat.: Big Leaf Maple
- Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst Top/Back/Sides/Neck
- Armrest: Yes
- Neck Width: 1-7/8"
- Fretboard Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Edge Trim: Maple
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.000000|
|MPN||Builders Edition 652ce WHB|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Tropical Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||Acoustic Pickup System|
|Number Of Strings||12 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||grand concert cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.