Taylor American Dream AD17e Blacktop Electro Acoustic, Walnut
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
With the Taylor AD17e Black Top you get brings a stylish take on the electro-acoustic Grand Pacific guitar from Taylor's fantastic new American Dream series.
An American Dream Realised
Premium, all-solid tonewoods, innovative V-Class bracing and timeless design combine for this evolution of the accalimed Taylor Grand Pacific guitar - the Taylor AD17e Black Top.
With the Taylor AD17e Black Top, you also have built-in Expression System 2 electronics so you can play live and loud and enjoy incredible amplified sound.
Taylor AD17e Black Top Grand Pacific Electro-Acoustic Guitar Key Features
- Grand Pacific Guitar Shape - The Taylor AD17e Black Top guitar has a Grand Pacific shape which is a relatively new design from Taylor guitars. The creation of the Grand Pacific guitar came about as an evolution of the dreadnought guitar. It has that same large size but with round shoulders. While many dreadnought guitars give you big tone, they also have quite a muddied sound and can lose note definition. The Grand Pacific gives you that big dreadnought sound with great low-end but with much more clarity. As a result, the Grand Pacific body shape has all the benefits of a dreadnought guitar but none of the drawbacks, giving you incredible versatility.
- Crafting the Taylor AD17e Electro-Acoustic Guitar - The Taylor AD17e has been made with a solid Sitka Spruce top, an incredibly popular tone wood due to its rich tones, broad dynamic range and great resonance. Having a solid top, the Taylor AD17e Black Top will sound better with age since the more you play it, the more resonant the wood becomes. The back and sides are made from solid Walnut which complements the Sitka Spruce top, giving you fantastic tonal response with wonderfully full midrange and bright treble response.
- V-Class Bracing Tailored for The Grand Pacific - V-Class bracing makes a huge departure from traditional X-bracing, producing notes that are louder and more in tune with each other while enhancing sustain. With V-Class bracing installed, the Taylor AD17e's top is able to be extremely stiff yet flexible at the same time, transforming the way it vibrates, allowing it to produce increased volume and sustain while also improving intonation.
- Expression System 2 Electronics - With an innovative behind-the-saddle design, the Expression System 2 is able to capture all the dynamic properties of the Taylor AD17. It features three sensors positioned in different locations and individually calibrated in order to better capture the guitar's dynamic range. Equipped with Taylor's own custom-designed professional-grade preamp, the ES2 offers incredible amplified tone and fantastic response to match.
- Taking Taylor to New Heights - Taylor always looking for ways to improve tone and playability to give you a better experience as a guitarist. The Grand Pacific body shape is their latest attempt to achieve this and they have certainly delivered. What's more, the Taylor AD17e Black Top Grand Pacific guitar comes to you in a new Taylor AeroCase which gives you the lightweight portability of a soft case with the durability and protection of a hard case.
- Available To Order Now - Buy the Taylor AD17e Black Top V-Class Electro-Acoustic guitar from Professional Music Technology to get this incredibly versatile take on the classic dreadnought style guitar.
Taylor AD17e Black Top Grand Pacific Electro-Acoustic Guitar Specs
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut and Saddle: Black TUSQ Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: AeroCase
- Brand of Strings: D'Addario Coated Phosphor Bronze - Medium
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Chamfered Edges
- Top Finish: Matte
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: Matte
- Rosette Size: Three Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Matte
- Rosette Mat.: Hawaiian Koa
- Stain/Sunburst: Urban Sienna
- Armrest: No
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: 4mm Dot, Italian Acrylic
- Heel Cap Binding: Black
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Eucalyptus
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Matte
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: Eucalyptus
- Peghead Logo: Italian Acrylic
- Bridge Pins: Black
- Buttons: Nickel
|Shipping Weight (kg)
|Acoustic Pickup System
|Number Of Strings
|Right / Left-Handed
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.