Tascam DR-05X Handheld Stereo Recorder and USB Audio Interface
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
If you're looking for a versatile, lightweight recording solution that's suited to a number of settings, you're in luck. The Tascam DR-05X Handheld Stereo Recorder is all of that, and can even be used as a USB audio interface too!
Record Clean And Clear Audio Everywhere
You can use the Tascam DR-05X to record in MP3 or WAV format - including 96-kHz/24-bit high-res audio - directly to microSD/SDHC/SDXC media. Thanks to the two omni-directional mics you can capture a stereo image of up to 125 dB SPL, with no detail spared, in any situation!
Tascam DR-05X Handheld Stereo Recorder and USB Audio Interface Highlights
- High-quality hand held stereo recording device - small size, with easy operation
- Records media directly to Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC (up to 128GB)
- Can be used as a USB audio interface for Mac or Windows
- On-board omni-direction stereo condenser mic
- Switchable LFN filter
- Manual recording presets for Music and Field work
- Automatic level controls for Peak Reduction, Auto Level, and Limiter
- Automatically starts recording based on input level
- Human voice-dedicated Dictation mode
- 2 second pre-recording buffer - self-timer adjustable from 5 to 10 seconds
- Automatic playback level align
- Repeat/loop function
- On-board EQ
- Built-in loudspeaker
- Chromatic tuner function, for tuning instruments
- Clear, backlit LC display
- USB 2.0 port for transferring files to/from your computer
- Powered by 2 x AA Alkaline or NiMH batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC Adapter
Easy To Use
Due to the design and control layout of the DR-05X, you can quite literally operate it with just one thumb. Whether you want to record, adjust levels, delete takes, or even add marks, you can do so at the push of a button.
In addition to the standard functions, the DR-05X also features low-cut filtering, Variable Speed audition, chromatic tuner, and much more besides! Not only that, but each of the features can be selectable via the multilingual menu - which is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, and even Japanese.
You can prevent accidental distortion while recording thanks to the three different auto-level modes: Limiter, Peak Reduction, and Auto Level.
In addition to this, there's also a Level Align function, which will allow you to smooth out any sudden volume jumps during playback!
Versatility Is The Key
In true Tascam style, the DR-05X is suitable for a number of applications.
Whether you are recording the ambience of the English countryside, dictating notes whilst you work, or even recording a podcast, this handheld stereo recorder will serve you will.
Best of all? With two fresh AA batteries, you can get 17 hour's worth of CD quality recording out of the DR-05X. In addition to this you can also power it via USB bus power, or an optional AC adapter (not supplied).
Order Yours Today
Contact our Online Sales Team or your Local PMT Store today if you'd like to query the availability of the Tascam DR-05X.
Alternatively, order yours Online and choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery options.
Tascam DR-05X Handheld Stereo Recorder and USB Audio Interface Specs
- Mic Type/Polar Pattern: Electret Condenser/Omni-Directional
- Mic Configurations: AB (fixed)
- Mid-side Mic Support: No
- Audio Tracks: 2
- Recording Resolution: Wav Or Mp3, Up To 96 Khz/24 Bit
- MP3 Bit Rates: 32â€“320 Kbit/s At 44.1/48 Khz
- Recording Media: Microsd Up To 128 Gb
- Power Supply: 2 Ã— AA, USB, PS-P520E (optional)
- Battery Life: 17+ Hours
- Mic/Line Input: Stereo 3.5-mm Mini Jack With Plug-in Power
- Built-in Speaker: Yes
- Phones/Line Output: Stereo 3.5-mm Mini Jack
- Remote Control: No
- Low-cut Filter: 40/80/120 Hz
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz â€“ 40 Khz +1/3 Db
- Distortion (THD): 0.05 %
- S/N Ratio: 92 DB
- Dual Recording: No
- 4-track Recording: No
- Non-Destructive Overdubs: Yes
- Dictation Mode: Yes
- Auto-Level Control: Peak Reduction, Auto Level, Limiter
- Auto Recording By Input Level: Yes
- Pre-Recording Buffer: 2 Seconds
- Self-timer: Yes
- Mark Function: Yes
- Variable Speed Audition: Yes
- Playlist Function: Yes
- Playback EQ: Yes
- Auto Level Align On Playback: Yes
- Reverb Effect: Yes
- Chromatic Tuner: Yes
- Multilingual Menu: Yes
- USB Audio Interface Mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W Ã— H Ã— D): 61 Mm Ã— 141 Mm Ã— 26 Mm
- Weight with Batteries: 165g
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10 (May 2019 Update)
- Windows 10 (October 2018 Update)
- Windows 10 (April 2018 Update)
- Windows 8.1 Windows 7
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
- macOS Sierra (10.12)
- iOS 12
- iOS 11
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.000000|
|Power Supply||or 9v Adapter (not supplied)|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!