Strymon Deco Tape Saturation & Doubletracker Pedal
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
The Strymon Deco Tape Saturation & Doubletracker Pedal is one of the most remarkable and unique fx pedals right now, perfect for guitar or synthesizers. It reproduces the sound of vintage studio reel-to-reel tape decks. Before the humble pedal was ever invented studio engineers would spend hours speeding up, slowing down, saturating and looping tape to create effects that helped define the sound of modern music, the Strymon Deco offers this same creative potential.
What does the Strymon Deco do, exactly?
Think of the Strymon Deco as a 2-in-1 pedal:
- The Tape Saturation side works like a Harmonic Saturator overdrive, with "volume" and "saturation" controls. At lower settings, it adds a warmer, richer tone to your guitar or synthesizer. When you crank it up, you get a delicious, more natural overdrive sound. Great with humbucker or single coil-equipped guitars, when usuing a valve amp!
- The Doubletracker side simulates old studio techniques of running two reel-to-reel decks side by side. According to which setting you use, you can get a wide range of effects, such as rockabilly-style slap echo, chorus and vintage-style flanging, different than what you get from digital flanger pedals (think more like the sound you hear on the Small Faces' 'Itchycoo Park' single)
Rediscover a forgotten Tape Delay artform with vintage, warm saturation all in one pedal!
You don't need to dedicate an entire control room or get men in white coats help you set up however - just plug, play and tweak around endlessly. The Strymon Deco is no one trick pony, boost, distort and apply a world of analogue style double tracked effects. More like a toy box than a stomp box it can inspire whole songs as well as enhance your tone.
Why should guitarists have all the fun? Unsurprisingly the Deco is an awesome studio tool as well, run drums through for fat compression or apply subtle tape saturation to the entire mix. The SHARC processor and 24-bit, 96KHz ADDA conversion offer performance comparable to high end studio hardware.
A perfect example of Strymon's dedication to pushing the boundaries of sound. The Deco has features that make it well suited to guitar (it is a pedal after all!) but the sound quality and "under the hood" features really transcend what you might have thought was possible with a stomp box.
- Detailed recreation of the mechanics and technology of two vintage studio reel-to-reel tape decks and their interactions
- Nuanced sonic delivery of the classic saturation effects of the tape record/playback process
- Simple and intuitive Lag Time knob allows for slapback delays, tape echoes, tape flanging, tape chorusing
- Two Tape Saturation adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Saturation, Level
- Three Doubletracker adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Lag Time, Blend, Wobble
- Three Doubletracker blend types to tailor doubletracked sound: Sum, Invert, Bounce
- Five "hidden" knobs for deep tone tweaking: High Trim, Low Trim, Auto-Flange Time, Wide Stereo Mode, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Press and hold studio-inspired Auto-Flange effect
Ins / outs / switches
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input)
- Stereo output
- Two signal routing modes: Standard, Wide Stereo Mode
- Individual Tape Saturation Bypass and Doubletracker Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote time control of Doubletracker), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110db signal to noise
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- High quality, tranparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- 9V center negative DC power supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight electroless nickel plated aluminum chassis
- Designed and built in the USA
|Shipping Weight (kg)||1.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!