The Strymon Deco Tape Saturation & Doubletracker Pedal is one of the most remarkable and unique fx pedals right now, perfect for guitar or synthesizers. It reproduces the sound of vintage studio reel-to-reel tape decks. Before the humble pedal was ever invented studio engineers would spend hours speeding up, slowing down, saturating and looping tape to create effects that helped define the sound of modern music, the Strymon Deco offers this same creative potential.
What does the Strymon Deco do, exactly?
Think of the Strymon Deco as a 2-in-1 pedal:
- The Tape Saturation side works like a Harmonic Saturator overdrive, with "volume" and "saturation" controls. At lower settings, it adds a warmer, richer tone to your guitar or synthesizer. When you crank it up, you get a delicious, more natural overdrive sound. Great with humbucker or single coil-equipped guitars, when usuing a valve amp!
- The Doubletracker side simulates old studio techniques of running two reel-to-reel decks side by side. According to which setting you use, you can get a wide range of effects, such as rockabilly-style slap echo, chorus and vintage-style flanging, different than what you get from digital flanger pedals (think more like the sound you hear on the Small Faces' 'Itchycoo Park' single)
Rediscover a forgotten Tape Delay artform with vintage, warm saturation all in one pedal!
You don't need to dedicate an entire control room or get men in white coats help you set up however - just plug, play and tweak around endlessly. The Strymon Deco is no one trick pony, boost, distort and apply a world of analogue style double tracked effects. More like a toy box than a stomp box it can inspire whole songs as well as enhance your tone.
Why should guitarists have all the fun? Unsurprisingly the Deco is an awesome studio tool as well, run drums through for fat compression or apply subtle tape saturation to the entire mix. The SHARC processor and 24-bit, 96KHz ADDA conversion offer performance comparable to high end studio hardware.
A perfect example of Strymon's dedication to pushing the boundaries of sound. The Deco has features that make it well suited to guitar (it is a pedal after all!) but the sound quality and "under the hood" features really transcend what you might have thought was possible with a stomp box.
- Detailed recreation of the mechanics and technology of two vintage studio reel-to-reel tape decks and their interactions
- Nuanced sonic delivery of the classic saturation effects of the tape record/playback process
- Simple and intuitive Lag Time knob allows for slapback delays, tape echoes, tape flanging, tape chorusing
- Two Tape Saturation adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Saturation, Level
- Three Doubletracker adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Lag Time, Blend, Wobble
- Three Doubletracker blend types to tailor doubletracked sound: Sum, Invert, Bounce
- Five "hidden" knobs for deep tone tweaking: High Trim, Low Trim, Auto-Flange Time, Wide Stereo Mode, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Press and hold studio-inspired Auto-Flange effect
Ins / outs / switches
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input)
- Stereo output
- Two signal routing modes: Standard, Wide Stereo Mode
- Individual Tape Saturation Bypass and Doubletracker Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote time control of Doubletracker), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110db signal to noise
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- High quality, tranparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- 9V center negative DC power supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight electroless nickel plated aluminum chassis
- Designed and built in the USA
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.