Sandberg California Grand Dark-4 San Remo Blue Block Inlay
OUT OF STOCK
Available to order
Ever since the company's conception in 1986, Sandberg has been a by-word for quality and class. Cut to more than thirty years later, and that continues to be the case with them going from strength to strength in the construction of high-quality, hand-crafted, customisable guitars and basses.
When Sandberg Meets Darkglass...
Just when you think that there can't possibly be any new bass guitars to get excited about, Sandberg come together with Darkglass Electronics to prove you wrong. Introducing the Sandberg California Grand Dark - a premium-quality bass that builds upon the success of the California T-series, with that familiar offset waist-design and TM+ pickup configuration, but now with the added power and tone-shaping capabilities of a Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp.
With the Sandberg California Grand Dark you get a pair of stunning pickups to choose between, in an all-new TM+ setup.
- The T series neck single coil is a classic reconstruction of the vintage Jazz Bass pickups from the 1960's and 1970's, and grants you a nice blend of woody low-mid growls and warm articulate midrange as well as that trademark funky "twang" that the pickups became famous for. Not only that but this particular Single Coil has been crafted with hum-cancelling properties, meaning you get all of that bright sparkle but without any unwanted noise!
- Then there's the awesome M series bridge humbucker. This humbucker is based heavily around the popular Stingray style humbucker pickup shape, with a very wide string sensing area to pick up as much tonal colour as possible. This gives you fat and grinding tone when in humbucker mode, but at the flick of a switch can be converted into a bright and clear sounding single-coil instead. With a warm bass and low-mid response, and extra voice on the mids and bright percussive top end, this pickup is as versatile as you could want or need it to be
Replacing the usual Sandberg preamp on this bass is a stunning Darkglass Tone Capsule, with on-board 3-band EQ and an Active/Passive switch.
Anyone familiar with the Darkglass brand will tell you that their preamps are renowned for their tight, articulate tones and versatility. Despite being usually associated with heavier music styles will equally serve you well if you're playing Pop, Blues and even Jazz music, which makes the pairing with Sandberg a match made in heaven.
35" Scale Length
Usually a 4-String bass guitar will come, as standard, with a 34" scale length. However, the Sandberg California Grand Dark adds an extra inch into the mix, resulting in a much tighter and more articulate low-end, even if you're using the bottom 4 strings off a 5-string bass in place of the more traditiona E A D and G.
From the Gun Metal tuning machines and bridge, to the transparent plexi pickguard, and the all-new High Gloss San Remo Blue finish, every piece of this guitar has been brought together to offer you the very best playing experience. Not only that but you even get a deluxe Sandberg Gig Bag to keep it safe on the road too!
Order Yours Today
If you have any queries regarding the availability of this fantastic bass guitar, then don't hesitate to get in touch with our online sales team directly. Alternatively, order yours online today and make use of our fantastic range of Home Delivery options!
Sandberg California Grand Dark Highlights
- Finish: High Gloss San Remo Blue
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Canadian Hardrock Maple
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlays: White Pearl Blocks
- Scale Length: 35"
- Pickups: 1 x Sandberg T+ Humcancel Single Coil, 1 x Sandberg M+ Humbucker
- Hardware: Gun metal
- Pickguard: Transparrent Plexi
- Preamp: Darkglass Tone Capsule -3-band EQ Mid, Bass and Treble
- Accessories: Includes Deluxe Gig Bag
|Shipping Weight (kg)||4.000000|
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Series||California T Series|
|Neck Wood||Canadian Hardrock Maple|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker 1 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||alder body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Guitar Style||jazz style|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.