Saffire 12 Electric Guitar, Vintage White
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The stunning new generation Rapier Saffire solid bodied 12 string electric guitar is a product design from Alan Entwistle, the UK genius guitar designer responsible for a host of successful guitar lines and accessories.
Iconic 12-String Design
The Rapier Saffire Series is based on iconic models that played a major role in the industry of British guitars, serving countless up and coming 60’s British Beat groups and helped launch the careers of many guitarists in the 60's and 70's and, whilst Entwistle has successfully retained all the glorious charms and characteristics of the original Sapphire 12, significant and meticulous attention has been made within hardware upgrades, construction and playability.
Now offered in a beautiful 3-Tone Sunburst, Greenburst and Vintage White offset with chrome hardware and 3-ply, split scratchplates and black gloss headstock with redesigned Rapier decals, the new generation Saffire 12 looks stunning.
High Quality Construction
Selected specifically for its natural sonic characteristics, Okoume, from Central Africa, is the chosen tonewood for the body, whilst for speed, comfort and accuracy, the 4-bolt, soft ‘C’ profiled neck with fully adjustable truss rod, is now crafted from hard rock Canadian maple, with a 12in radius, bound rosewood fingerboard with block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret).
Rock Solid Hardware
For accurate intonation and tuning stability the new generation Rapier Saffire 12 now features a smooth, friction-free, precision cut 43mm GraphTech Nubone nut, Wilkinson E-Z-Lok machine heads and high spec’d roller bridge.
Hardware upgrades also include a trio of Entwistle’s custom wound, Astrosonic single coil pickups, constructed with 7mm alnico 5, rod magnets mounted on a steel base plate, delivering a full rich dynamic response throughout all frequencies via a 5 way selector switch and single volume and tone pot. The latter, is wired with Entwistle’s own Smooth Track Tone Control circuitry, ensuring a gradual response and clarity throughout the full sweep of the tone control.
It’s quite apparent that Entwistle himself is a creative genius, as witnessed within the Saffire's wiring, which includes the Entwistle ATN5, a 5-way rotary switch housed on the top horn offering a wide range of additional tonal extremities, from acoustic-like qualities, mid-range boost and high-end chime and clarity for extreme tonal versatility.
With a generous 49mm fingerboard width at the nut, there’s ample room for musicians with large hands to enjoy the freedom of first position chords and, needless to say, with these high quality tonewood and hardware upgrades, the Rapier Saffire 12 effortlessly delivers all the familiar resonance associated with multi-strung guitars, whilst engaging the ATN5 circuitry on this beautiful model offers classic 12 string jangle in abundance.
Order Yours Today
Specifically designed as a ‘player’s guitar’, the Rapier Saffire 12 string electric guitar, not only rekindles nostalgic memoriesfor old-school players and collectors, it’s the professional choice for Britain’s new young talent, effortlessly lending itself to all styles, from country, jazz, pop, to blues and rock, whilst offering exceptional playability and performance.
Rapier Saffire 12-String Electric Guitar, Vintage White Specs
- Body: Original double-cut solid body featuring Okoume, a central African tonewood chosen specifically for its warmth, depth and high-end clarity.
- Pickups: 3 Alan Entwistle Custom Wound low-noise Astrosonic single coil pickups , featuring alnico 5, 7mm rod magnets, delivering exceptional tonal response, balance output and clarity.
- Controls: Two Volume Controls with Global Tone control featuring Entwistle SmoothTrak tone circuit producing a gradual response when the tone control is wound back. 5-way pickup selector switch. 5-position ATN 5 rotary switch, offers advanced sonic versatility within pickup frequency parameters.
- Machine heads: 6 in line: Wilkinson E-Z-Lok machineheads provide simple, effective action for maximum tuning stability.
- Neck: 4 bolt hard rock Canadian maple with soft ‘C’ profile for instant comfort, speed, accuracy and great feel. Fully adjustable trussrod.
- Fingerboard: 12" radius, bound rosewood fingerboard, fitted with 22 medium jumbo frets (including zero fret), block inlay position markers.
- Scale Length: 24.74" / 628 mm.
- Frets: 22- including zero fret. Medium profile for added comfort, accuracy and an overall positive feel.
- Nut: Precision cut, friction-free 43mm GraphTech Nubone nut.
- Headstock: Classic 6-aside design with Rapier logo and inlaid crown.
|Shipping Weight (kg)
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones, monitors, orchestral instruments with mouthpieces and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.