Roland SPD-SX Pro Sampling Pad
Order before 3pm Mon-Thu for Next Day Delivery
The Roland SPD-SX PRO is the ultimate sampling pad for the most demanding gigs. With years of road testing and extensive user feedback from the SPD-S and SPD-SX, the top-tier SPD-SX PRO raises the bar again. Harnessing the advanced sample pad technology of its predecessors, the SPD-X-PRO boasts an array of requested professional enhancements and is built for life on the road, and a dedicated SPD-SX PRO App for easier kit editing.
Roland SPD-SX Pro Sampling Pad Specifications
- Nine pads with Roland’s advanced trigger technology, including six large pads and three top-row shoulder pads
- High-visibility, horizontal and vertical LEDs with multi-color customization
- Increased shoulder pad sensitivity and improved crosstalk performance
- 4.3-inch color display for easy navigation and viewing during a performance
- Import 48/44.1 kHz (16-/24-/32-bit) WAV/AIFF files and MP3s (32–320 kbps) with automatic conversion to 48 kHz/16-bit upon loading
- Stereo main output, four direct mono outputs, balanced for easy mixing on stage
- Connectivity for up to eight external individual triggers/pads (four stereo triggers or eight mono triggers with Y-cables)
- Dedicated SPD-SX PRO App for Windows/Mac for easy importing, managing samples, and deep kit editing
- 32 GB of internal storage for samples, backing tracks, and click tracks
- Input for hi-hat or footswitch expression control
- Connect hi-hats, kick, and snare for a ‘mini drum kit’ setup
- Up to 200 kit patches (43 erasable preset kits and 157 user kits)
- Over 1550 pre-loaded, high-quality samples and sounds
- 16-step pad sequencer function
- Onboard effects engine with up to four effects in parallel, plus side chain with output routing
- Built-in click/metronome
- Create in real-time by recording performances as WAV files and assigning them to pads
- Built to Hit the Road: When taking electronics on the road you need them to outlast the time they are needed for and to be able to take whatever you throw at them and Roland has been producing products for this since 2011 having pro drummer's put them through their paces night after night, these things are nuclear proof.
- Light It Up: There is nothing worse than when the lights go down and it's near pitch black onstage and you have to hit the correct pad to start everything from click track, samples, video, and lighting and you can't see which pad. The Pro has your back with multi-colored pad dividing lights which you can dive into and assign and customise however you see fit.
- On Display: Playing in the dark is no problem with the spectacular and very clear colour LCD Screen, back-lit function buttons, tabs, and a jog-dial for speedy sound selection. The LCD shows all information like sample layers, playback progress, and more all in real-time with sample tags so no more searching through tons of samples.
- Ultra-responsive Pads: The pads are super durable with the top three pads having revised sensors for increased sensitivity for even playability no matter what angle the pad is set at. You can also increase the crosstalk protection to prevent accidental triggering of other pads which is a great feature.
- All the Sounds and Memory You Need: With 32GB memory, 1,550 onboard samples, 200 loaded kits, and balanced outputs the SPD-SX PRO is ready to roll as soon as it's out of the box. Storage worries are now a thing of the past. With 32 GB of internal memory, the SPD-SX PRO holds nearly 44 hours of crystal-clear 48 kHz/16-bit stereo audio. And there’s no need to fuss with converting your source formats. You can load 48/44.1 kHz WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files with varying bit rates, and the SPD-SX PRO will automatically convert them to its native 48 kHz/16-bit audio format—a huge time saver.
- Expanded Audio Outputs: The SPD-SX PRO has two-channel balanced stereo master outputs—left and right, 4 fully assignable mono audio outputs for six individual audio feeds. And there’s also an assignable stereo headphones output for custom monitoring.
- Mix it Up: you assign two samples to the same pad resulting in MAIN and Sub from there you can mix, blend, and change pitch/attack however you see fit to get the perfect blend.
Performance and Production Tools
- Power Up: SPD-SX PRO’s processing power lets you swap to a new kit without cutting off the sound of the existing kit—so the audio decays at the end of the last sound that you played. A much-needed fixture when switching between sounds in a live performance
- Making Life Easier: Using the dedicated SPD-SX PRO App from Roland Cloud, you can easily import audio, and edit sound or playback parameters via USB on your computer. Drag and drop samples, create kits, adjust settings, and name as you go.
- Effects: There are a multitude of effects from filters, delays, reverb, distortion, EQ, and compression, that you can assign to pads or external triggering or even the overall output
- Step It Up: 16-step Pad Sequencer
- Prep: Streamline your performance prep with the onboard 16-step pad sequencer. Assign from 2 to 16 steps to a pad within each kit. Then coordinate the playback of different pads in your chosen sequence. There’s no need to remember where each sound is on the pads—once programmed, hitting your chosen pad will trigger the sequence, making live-show production simple.
- Increased Pad Link: Run backing tracks and click tracks together with just one pad hit or even multiple pads instead of having to hit two pads at the same time which is a nervy nightmare
- Click Click Click: The Click track option is fully editable for sound and note value.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.500000|
|Software Included||Dedicated APP|
|Series||Roland SPD-SX PRO|
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.