The Roland Fantom 6 is an all-in-one Workstation Keyboard, Synthesizer and Sequencer to serve as the new creative hub of your stage and studio setup.
A versatile, powerful workstation for any musical scenario
The Fantom 6 fuses seamless workflow, powerful sound engine and deep computer integration to spawn their most powerful keyboard to date. By fusing together their most-requested features from Roland analogue synths like System-1, previous Fantom models and rival keyboards, the new Fantom series proves capable of complex live performances, creative studio production and songwriting in one slick package.
Fantom-6 also features Roland's most expressive 61-note keybed yet, with a semi-weighted action and channel aftertouch. This opens up new creative dimensions and effects as you play, easily tailored via an intuitive touch screen interface and comprehensive control panel.
Free FANTOM Ver2.0 Update
Since the FANTOM first launched, Roland have released three major free updates that expand and evolve its creative and performance possibilities.
Now, Version 2.0 brings FANTOM users powerful sampling capabilities—including multisampling—new TFX processor, new sequencer edit features and more.
As part of the update, you get an evolved sampling engine which al-lows you to sample directly to the keyboard or build detailed multisamples using up to 352 samples per tone!
Also included are new sequencer edit gesures, a new Microscope edit mode, new Zone features with individual transpose, new Scene Chain features and even customisable wallpaper for your touchscreen.
Roland Fantom 6 Key Features:
- Powerful Hybrid Workstation, Synthesizer and Sequencer
- 61 Keys (Semi-weighted Keyboard and Channel Aftertouch)
- ZEN-Core & V-Piano Sound Engines
- 7" Wide VGA Colour Touch Screen Graphic Display
- Over 3,500 Tones, Over 90 Drum kits
- Comprehensive Multi-Effects and Stereo Analog Filter
- 16 Channel MIDI Sequencer with TR-Rec Step Editing
- Pad Sampler with 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator and Chord Memory
- Assignable Controllers, Sliders, Wheels and Function Knobs
- Built-in 16 x 3 Stereo Audio Interface
- Dual CV/Gate and Soft Synth Integration
- USB Connectivity with External Memory Slots and MIDI Control
- Built with robust metal and High-Grade components
The focus of the Fantom-6 is primarily on pro musicians being able to create and play without diving into complex menus. Your sounds, patterns, and performance layouts are arranged into custom creative spaces called Scenes. A Scene can be an entire song, section of a song, or a starting point with your favorite sounds laid out just how you like. Scenes can be chained together and changed instantly with no gaps or glitches.
By removing the technical limitations and streamlining the 'modeless' user interface, Roland have designed Fantom to always run in a creative mode. It can be fully customized and instantly reconfigured in an unlimited number of ways, allowing you to craft a truly unique signature sound.
Furthermore, Fantom also comes equipped with RGB pads, a classic TR-REC style pattern sequencer, real-time recording with piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. You can create patterns on Fantom in a variety of ways, including real and step-time polyphonic sequencing. The TR-REC pattern sequencer is perfect for rhythmic parts - as used on Roland's iconic drum machines like the TR-808 and TR-909.
Each creative module on the Fantom-6 is independently controlled and activated from the intuitive top-panel interface, ready to roll whenever inspiration strikes.
Powerful ZEN-Core DSP Sound EngineFantom’s flexible and expandable sound engine leverages decades of research and development, dishing out inspiring and authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds by the bucketload. Combine different synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard analog filter for new and unusual sounds - and take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they arrive.
With Fantom’s potent DSP engine, players can focus on music, not rationing processing power. It’s possible to run all 16 parts with all available effects at once, complete with full patch remain for seamless transitions. There’s never any guessing about how many effects are available, or if sounds can be changed smoothly without limiting complex patches.
Considered by many as the king of instruments, piano sits at the heart of the creative process for composers across a range of musical genres. FANTOM uses Roland's infamous V-Piano technology that sounds and feels like a real Grand Piano.
As used on Roland's industry-standard Stage Pianos like the RD-2000, the Fantom's gorgeous Piano sound becomes a centrepiece attraction for songwriters, stage performers and more.
Inspired by Roland's rich synthesizer legacy including the Jupiter, System-1 and TR Drum Machines, the Fantom combines them all into one musical hub with unlimited potential.
FANTOM’s synth engine is based on partials. Each partial starts with a discrete synth voice - complete with oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO and effects. You can have up to four partials in a single tone, and a Scene can contain up to 16 tones for complex layers, splits, and sequenced parts.
The new Fantom Series employs Roland's most expressive keybeds to date, with this 61-note model utilising a brand new semi-weighted key action. The way an instrument feels under your fingers, and how it helps you express yourself, is vital. Roland Fantom focuses on the experience of playing, from its immersive keyboard action, to its arsenal of performance controls.
Seamless USB Integration
FANTOM doesn’t just work with computers - it fully integrates. Under the hood sits a high-quality 16x3 Stereo audio interface, making recording audio clips and ideas a breeze. Fantom can also control DAWs and plugins from its 7" Colour Touchscreen. It can integrate soft synths into Scenes, and send parts composed on FANTOM directly to your DAW.
Return of the Fantom - A Legend, Re-Born
Originally introduced in 2004, the original Roland Fantom-X workstation set a new benchmark for large-scope keyboards for the stage and studio. The new Fantom series elevates the design, sonic potential and usability with the modern musician firmly in mind. The Roland Fantom now embeds itself as a viable industry standard for stage performers and studio session musicians that want a do-it-all keyboard with unrivalled potential.
The new Fantom series boasts a purposeful design and built from premium materials. It is made of tough metal with high-grade components throughout. Everything about it is sturdy and built to withstand the perils of live gigs and life on the road.
From the slight curvature of the top-panel labels for rear connections, to the informative RGB-lit controls and buttons, FANTOM facilitates creativity and eliminates frustration. This is a decade in the making, with no stone left unturned by the keyboard master designers at Roland!
Book a Demo at your local PMT Roland Planet Store
Our flagship stores around the UK are home to some of the industry's most trusted Roland experts to help you find the right gear. Call or E-Mail us today to book a demo with a local expert. We'll help you compare keyboards in the series, answer any technical questions and get hands-on with the new Fantom today!
Roland Fantom-6 Specifications:
- Keyboard: 61 Keys (Semi-weighted Keyboard and Channel Aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core, V-Piano Technology
- Parts: 16 Zones(Internal + External)
- Scenes: 128 Scenes x 4 Bank
- Tones: Over 3,500 Tones, Over 90 Drum kits
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Mic Input Reverb: 6 types
- Stereo Analog Filter Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass with Drive and Amp
- MIDI Tracks: 16(Internal/External)
- Group: 16
- Pattern: 8 (per each Track)
- Pattern Length: 32 mesures
- Recording Method: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- PAD Sampler
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Rhythm Pattern
- Chord Memory
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 8
- Slider x 8
- USB Audio Slider
- Wheel x 2
- Function Knob x 6
- Sound Modified Knob x 11
- 4 x 4 Pad
- Display: Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color/Touch screen)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- SUB OUT1 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT2 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- ANALOG OUTPUT Jacks (1,2)(1/4-inch phone type)
- Mic/Line Input Jacks: (1,2) (1/4 inch phone type/XLR type)
- 2 x CV OUT, 2x GATE OUT
- FOOT PEDAL Jacks (HOLD, CTRL1,CTRL2,CTRL3)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2/THRU)
- USB MEMORY Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- 3 x External Device Port
- External Memory: USB Flash drive slot (sold separately)
- Power Supply: AC 117-240V 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 50 W
- Dimensions: 1,084mm (W) x 403mm (D) x 106mm (H)
- Weight: 15.3 kg (33 lbs 12 oz)
- Owner's manual
- Power Cord
Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard Stand: KS-10Z, KS-12
- Pedal Switch: DP series, RPU-3
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash drive (*)
* Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
|Shipping Weight (kg)||15.300000|
|Effects||Stereo Analog Filter|
|Number of Keys||61 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.