So besides working as a conventional cajon, it has Roland’s renowned electronic percussion technology built in, letting you blend a range of complementary sounds with the cajon voice, from traditional percussion like tambourine and shaker to acoustic snare, electronic drums, sound effects, and more.
Completely self-contained with battery power and onboard amplification, the EC-10 EL Cajon puts the dynamic world of hybrid percussion in the hands of every cajon enthusiast.
A unique and versatile hybrid percussion instrument that combines an authentic acoustic cajon with Roland’s famous electronic percussion technology.
- Unique hybrid instrument combining an authentic acoustic cajon with Roland’s electronic percussion technology
- Standard cajon size (50 x 30 x 30 cm), with quality playing surface made of sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Each kit includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimized cajon sounds to enhance the instrument’s acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance, and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with six AA-size batteries
A Real Acoustic Cajon and Roland Sound Module in One
Thanks to its compact size and versatility, the cajon has become the most popular instrument for on-the-go percussion, from local jams and street busking to nightclub performances and beyond. With its built-in Roland sound module and independent head and edge sensors, the EC-10 extends the cajon’s organic simplicity to open new dimensions of expression for any musical style. Spice up singer/songwriter and combo gigs with layered tambourine or djembe, add backbeats with an acoustic or TR-808 snare, or bring in some low-end thump with an electronic kick. Studio-optimized cajon sounds are also on hand to enhance the acoustic cajon voice for more depth, dimension, and punch.
Easy to Operate While Performing
The top-mounted sound controls on the EC-10 are designed for quick access and easy operation while playing. Dedicated buttons are used to scroll through sound categories, while neighboring buttons allow you to select a number of variations within a category. After that, just twist the rear-panel Volume knob to control the level of the layered sound, and use the Trigger Balance knob to adjust the balance between the head and edge sounds. You can also tweak the trigger sensitivity for your personal style and touch.
Self-Contained and Battery-Powered
Part of the cajon’s enormous appeal is that it’s self-contained and uncomplicated. While the EC-10 contains high-tech electronics, it fully maintains the organic, go-anywhere vibe that cajon players love.
The integrated amp and coaxial speaker provide high-quality sound for keeping up with acoustic guitar amps and other instruments, and six AA batteries deliver up to 12 hours of power for long jams anywhere. There’s also a handy input for playing music from a smartphone or song player at home or on the gig. And because the EC-10 is a true acoustic instrument, you can always turn off the electronics and play it like any regular cajon. On top of that, it even functions as an extra seat in a music room or family space when you’re not playing!
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*