The Roland AX-Edge Guitar Synthesizer, seen here in a striking white colour, brings the keytar back with style – packed with modern features and showing off an awesome new look.
Enter the AX-Edge – The Keytar’s Triumphant Return
Be seen, make a name for yourself, create your own unique sound.
Listening to feedback from artists and refining the keyboard guitar, Roland have designed to Roland AX-Edge to be the perfect modern guitar synth.
With striking looks that are customisable with interchangeable Edge Blades combined and 49 full-sized keys along with a great set of sounds designed specifically for keytar, the Roland AX-Edge represents the ultimate performance synthesizer.
Roland AX-Edge Keytar Guitar Synthesizer White Key Features:
- 49 Full-Sized Keys with Velocity and Channel Aftertouch
- 256 Note Polyphony
- 4 Parts + Vocoder with Mic Input
- 320 Programs and 500+ Preset Tones Designed for Keytarists
- 79 Types of Part Multi-Effects and Part EQ
- 79 Types of Program Multi-Effects, Chorus, Reverb, Master Compressor and Master EQ
- Tone Remain Feature for Switching Sounds Seamlessly Without Unnatural Sound Cut Off
- Ribbon Controller, Modulation Bar and Assignable Control for Expressive Performance
- Up to 4 Hours of Battery Powered Operation (can also be powered via AC Adaptor)
- Audio File Playback via External USB Memory
- Master MIDI Controller for Controlling Sound Modules, Plugins and More
- Dual Display System Optimised for Live Performance
- Includes Extra Edge Blade for Customising the Look
- Also Available is The ST-AX2, a Stand Designed Especially for the AX-Edge
Stage-Ready Sounds or Custom-Made Tones; It’s Up to You
Roland have made sure the AX-Edge is anything but basic and generic and have provided you with some fantastic, stage-ready classic sounds to play with.
Designed for use on stage, this great set of sounds is driven by Roland’s own cutting edge technology and gives you access to fat bass sounds, edgy lead tones and all sorts of keyboard sounds, allowing you to take the lead or support your band however you like.
But that’s not all! Equipped with Bluetooth MIDI capability, you can connect the Roland AX-Edge to the AX-Edge editor app and customise your sounds wirelessly.
You can even create splits and layers to get the most out of the 49 full-sized keys.
There’s also a whole host of amazing new effects such as master compressor and EQ so you can really refine your sound to perfection wherever you play.
Furthermore, you don’t have to worry about your notes and effects unnaturally cutting off when you change sounds mid-performance thanks to the awesome Tone Remain function which keeps everything flowing.
Great, Two-Handed Control
Unlike with your traditional keyboard rig where you’re stuck where you’re placed, playing a keytar allows you to really rock out the stage and go where the music takes you.
Plus, what’s really great about the AX-Edge is that when inspiration takes you, you can really express yourself with full control using both hands.
While your right hand plays the 49 full-sized velocity sensitive keys, your left hand goes to work with the modulation bar, pressure sensitive pitch ribbon and other easy-to-reach controls such as portamento, hold, octave switch and program change.
It’s an awesome way of not only delivering your music but really putting your heart and soul into the sound.
You’re not just pushing buttons and hearing sounds – you’re letting your inspiration and expression flow through your fingers to create emotive music.
Performance Focused Features
Another great feature that makes sure you’re always completely in control of what’s going on is the inclusion of an innovative dual display.
The AX-Edge also gives you an onboard arpeggiator and song player which are ideal for providing backing music while you play lead stuff over the top.
There’s also a mic input and a built-in vocoder which you can layer with internal sounds for really unique vocal performances.
Modern Convenience and Versatility
In addition to the awesome looks and incredible sound, the AX-Edge also boasts several features that the modern keytar player needs to get the most out of their music.
For example, there’s a USB memory function which you can use to create a full backup of your settings should the worse happens.
You can even use the AX-Edge as a master controller for your ack modules and plugin synths so the possibilities are endless.
What’s more, thanks to the Bluetooth MIDI support and up to four hours of battery life, you can perform completely wireless – nothing will hold you back when you take to the stage!
The Ultimate Performance Synth
Fully-featured with awesome looks and incredible sound, Roland have designed the AX-Edge to be the ultimate performance synth and it does not disappoint.
Included with the AX-Edge is an extra “Edge Blade" so you can change your look when the mood strikes you and a strap so you’re ready to rock straight away.
Buy the Roland AX-Edge keytar guitar synthesizer from PMT Online and unlock your synth playing potential and fully express yourself on stage.
Roland AX-Edge Keytar Guitar Synthesizer White Specs:
- Keyboard: 49 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: Synth-EX
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 voices
- Parts: 4 parts + Vocoder part
- Tones: User Program: 320, Preset Tone: Over 500, User Tone: 256
- Effects: Part Multi-Effects: 79 Types, Part EQ, Vocoder, Program Multi-Effects (IFX) – 79 Types, Chorus – 8 Types, Reverb – 6 Types, Master Compressor, Master EQ
- Song Player
- MIDI Master Keyboard
- Sound Edit
*You can use the smartphone AX-Edge Editor app (Android/iOS) to edit the AX-Edge’s sounds
- Ribbon Controller
- Modulation Bar
- Assignable Control Knob
- Master Volume Knob
- Assignable Buttons x 7
- Bluetooth: MIDI: Bluetooth Ver. 4.1 (Bluetooth LE)
- Display: 16 Characters 2 Line LCD
- External Storage Device: USB Flash Drive
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB MEMORY port
- USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- DC 9 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8
- Current Draw: 1,000 mA
* Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use)
Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 4 hours
* Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Blade panel (including Hex key, screws)
- Ferrite core (including Band for fastening the core)
Options (sold separately)
- AX-Edge stand (ST-AX2)
- Pedal switch: DP series
- Expression pedal: EV-5
Roland AX-Edge Keytar Guitar Synthesizer Size and Weight:
- Width: 1,252 mm, 49-5/16 inches
- Depth: 291 mm, 11-1/2 inches
- Height: 85 mm, 3-3/8 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor, Batteries): 4.2 kg, 9 lbs. 5 oz.
|Number of Keys||49 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*